Comeback (DH)

The Treasure Island

 

 

Comeback DH

The weather was cold and it was drizzling too. The path was full of rocks and mud, making it hard to cross. In these circumstances, I would usually be grumpy but now I just couldn´t. Hyuk was humming a song. This was something as rare as a flying horse, and even Siwon can´t fly! Really, Eunhyuk was walking with heavy injured Kyuhyun on his back and singing for himself. It´s like those people who don´t laugh often, but when you see them smile, you can´t help smiling too. I wish I knew the song so I could sing with him, too bad.

 

It was getting dark, but Kyuhyun took us to a cave for the night. That was great, I didn´t want to sleep outside in this weather. I helped him climb down from Eunhyuk and sat him on the ground. While I was unloading the stuff, Eunhyuk went to look for some dry wood to make a fire. I was left alone with Kyuhyun.

"You know, I heard you earlier," I stated.

"Heard what?" The hunter asked, but he looked away out of guilt. He knew what I was talking about.

"You said something pretty nasty to Hyuk, I wasn´t asleep. I´m disappointed, I thought you were a good guy and I was hoping, you would help Hyukkie out. I´m making him work too hard and he´s a nice guy too," I went straight to the point. I need to settle this before my friend returns. He wouldn´t want me to open the topic, he didn´t care much about the way he was treated at work. I guessed he learned that from working under merchants.

"Aren´t you scared? I saw how fast he was to bare those fangs today and you said he can even transform into a bear," Kyuhyun asked me in disbelief as if I was completely insane to travel with Eunhyuk. That was something I haven´t considered even once.

"You´re the only one scared here,” I pointed out, “I admit, Hyukkie is a bit short-tempered, but he would never hurt anyone for no reason.”

“And one important thing. He was born as a human, but if he was born as a wolf or a deer, I would still entrust my life to him," I finished proud of myself. Finally, I was able to defend my friend, it was like a great weight had been lifted from my shoulders. I´ve been feeling guilty since the night we met those bandits. It wasn´t much, but at least I did something. Even if it may seem insignificant right now.

Kyuhyun didn´t say anything. He looked in my eyes as if to make sure I really meant what I said, and then he just dropped his head. Most likely thinking over all those happenings. Just then Eunhyuk came back with the wood.

"Wow that was fast! Where did you find so much dry wood?" Everything was soaked from the rain, it was fishy.

"I cut it right from the tree. The branches right under the crown are always dry," Eunhyuk said, as if it was nothing. But the trees here were old and pretty high. It still didn´t make sense.

"As expected from the monkey-man," Kyuhyun suddenly said. Really? He dares to talk again and in this tone? I hope, Hyuk is still in a good mood or we have a huge problem.

"I totally forgot you´re here. That´s strange since your head is now even bigger than it was with that cute bump. How did you get it again?" Eunhyuk retorted. What was happening? A comeback of the snarky king? This will be a great fun or a terrible disaster.

I couldn´t believe the scene if front of my eyes. On my right hand was sitting Kyuhyun, massaging his swollen leg, having fun by constantly insulting Eunhyuk. On my left hand was sitting Hyuk, eating a piece of meat, barking back at Kyuhyun. The small cave felt crowded with all that noise and what´s even more bizarre, I was silent! So that´s how Hyukkie feels, when I leave him out of a conversation. Promise, I´ll be good from now on.

"For a monkey, you eat a lot of meat," from the right.

"For an idiot, you know a lot about monkeys," from the left.

Like this they continued until Kyuhyun´s head started aching and he went to sleep. Hyuk then decided to curl around me as a ball of silver fur and also dozed off. I was still left shocked. I had such a good feeling from scolding Kyuhyun, but he acted as if I said nothing! And although I was happy that Eunhyuk was talking more today, I couldn´t hide my disappointment. I wanted him to talk with me. I went to sleep with mixed feelings.

When I woke up the next day, I was alone in the cave. Sudden nervousness overwhelmed me. Where are they? Clank! The loud sound was coming from the outside. What was that noise? Clank! Clank!

Coming out onto the light my eyes widened in fear. Something horrible was happening. Kyuhyun was standing there with this huge jack-knife in his hand, ready to stab. Opposite in his long dark coat, Eunhyuk was holding his new silver dagger, fiercely watching the opponent.

"What in the hell is going on here?!" This was insane. What should I do?

"Stay back, Hae! I will be done right away," Eunhyuk called, but Kyuhyun used this chance to jump on him. Luckily the morpheles avoided the knife and kicked the hunter hard with his knee. It looked painful but the fight continued without stopping. They were moving swiftly and accurately, it was scary. The blades would clank once in a while, making the situation even creeper. I have never seen a fight like that, not like I´ve seen many fights in my life, with weapons especially.

Suddenly Eunhyuk´s posture changed. He crouched down, put the dagger back to the sheath and straightened his right leg. Putting both of his hands on the ground, he looked more like a predator. I thought he would morph but he didn´t, they must have had a promise to put away guns and fangs. Eunhyuk´s eyes had that beastly spark, terrifying but also very charming.

It took only a few seconds. If I blinked, I would have missed it. Eunyhuk sprang from the floor and in one swift movement brought Kyuhyun down. And the moment he sat on the poor hunter´s stomach, he grabbed the hand holding the knife and turned it against Kyuhyun´s artery. He didn´t push the weapon any further though. I was left speechless, Eunhyuk took him down barehanded.

"Okay, okay. You win! I´m sorry, Donghae!” Kyuhyun yelled at me and then turned to Eunhyuk. “Satisfied now?" He croaked. What´s going on here?

"Good," eerie whisper from Eunhyuk, followed by a cold smirk. "Me too, I´m sorry, Hae," this time a coaxing voice reached my ears. Eunhyuk was looking at me gently, not as a victor but as someone that wanted to convey a thought.

"We were not acting very mature yesterday and you were kind of sad too. Kyu here agreed to behave from now on as well," my friend, who wasn´t about to kill the cottager anymore, stood up from the groaning body on the ground. He leisurely walked to me and patted my head. Then he left for the cave. But no matter how charismatic he tried to be, I saw it. I saw him blush.

"Hey. I know he´s not a bad person,” Kyuhyun cleared his throat, picking himself up from the ground. “But I have an image to keep, you know. I´m the mountain hunter," Kyuhyun snorted and followed Eunhyuk inside. I only shook my head in disbelief.

Looks like better days are about to come. Smiling I looked up at the sky. White puffy clouds were swimming in the sapphire blue, cold breeze a little tamed today. Our way will be much easier with the sun above our heads. I can´t wait till we are on the other side of the mountains. I wonder how is the view up there.

"Donghae! Where is that jam?" Eunhyuk called. I was welcomed back to reality by Eunhyuk´s hungry stomach. But I only smiled and in much better mood, I went to feed the beast.