Chapter 9: Paralyzed

Cloud Academy

It was a beautiful sunday morning where everyone is enjoying their free day. Like me, I just realized our campus was built like a mini Seoul. Markets, Malls, Plazas and Parks... But you just can't believe that everyone here has their very own powers. What was it like in a normal market and people are all mixed and scattered all over the place. You won't really know who're the humans and who're not.

"Omg! That Blood Pack looks so tasty! Let's go there!" IU dragged me to a strange-looking stall with sachets and packets full of red juicy things which is obviously, blood.

"Hey there honey~ Are you looking for deliciously tasting blood?" the lady said while displaying a blood packet in front of my face. My skin turned unconditionally white or pale

"Ooh! Me me! I want one!" IU shoved the money to the lady while happily stuffing her backpack with blood packets. "And I need some straw please. The spiral one."

The lady gave IU the straw she wanted and bowed as we walked away

 

"IU! IU look at that!" I said as I pointed at the bolt shaped necklace displayed on the other side of the glass I was touching

"Yeah, I know it looks awesome but it probably cost a lot. It's a source stone. And source stones cost for like the minimum of a thousand dollars." she sarcastically explained while sipping blood from the packet

I sighed in despair. I think having powers more than 1 will make my life twice the fun, but I got 2 already and that's enough.

"Oh let's go you sissy, let's go to that fab looking shoppe."

 

"Omg omg, does this match me? Is this okay?" IU said as she placed different clothes on hangers on her chest infront of the mirror. Well the blue green dotted dress looks cute on her but it looked kinda, flashy. 

But there's this one that caught my attention. It's a silver hoodie that says Xerveae on it. It really looked so interesting so I told IU to buy it. And to my surprise, the hoodie is actually a freebie, and to my luck, it's the last one!

"Good thing you managed to pick one of all the other hundred choices you had back there." I looked at the paper bag IU is holding containing a beige tinted dress and the huge pile of other shirts and dresses at the back

"But still, I managed~" she cooed while swinging the paper bag infront of my face 

 

IU is strangely happy today. I don't really know why. And previously, before we went to buy the blood packets, she was so talkative. Talking about what she should wear later when I don't really have no what will happen later or what event we were having.

Hellooo!? I'm also a student here! But why won't anyone tell me about something. Is this a surprise party or what?

 

We shopped for almost 13 bags already and another one more is not going to fit on my arms. We sat down on a park bench and placed all of the bags on it. It practically took the whole space of the bench and looked like it needed more.

"Hey IU," I called out. "Are there any events that would be taking place anytime soon or-"

"Are you asking me? Or are you telling me you don't know."

I tilted my head in confusion "Uhh... I dunno. Maybe somewhere between?"

"Remember the broken statue yesterday? The one Woobi— your brother destroyed?"she blushed upon almost saying that name. "It was really intended. Because they are going to replace with a new one in honor of the founder of CA, Zygarde of the High Sky Temple."

I grimaced upon the information I just .

"Is it neccessary to come?" I asked her. She just give me an are-you-an-idiot look. "Of course it does. No one is not allowed to miss this event! And it's already in two weeks!"

"And do we need to wear dresses?"

"Yes we do. The attire must be formal when attending these kinds of events and...." she came on a pause, "we need companions- of the opposite gender."

IU almost choked on what she said. It's her fault for being to industrious to read the whole handbook of the academy.

"You mean like dates?" I furrowed my eyebrows. What kind of a rule was that? It would be difficult for socially awkward turtles like me to find their companions. What if I didn't happen to meet Minhyuk on the way entering this academy? Should I like, cross-dress and attend as IU's date instead?

 

"By the way IU, I have been wondering about this for a few time now..."

"Go on. Proceed"

"What is your class rank?"

"Uh... B? I think. I haven't mastered my power yet, and my self defense is still... ah. I don't know." she pouted.

I nodded and mouthed an 'okay'

"Well. Rest time is over. Let's continue now." IU said and stood up. She grabbed all the bags she could handle like it just a piece of plastic. Vampires have super strength too?

I sighed and grabbed the other bags.

From two blocks away, we saw guys crowding something- or someone from a distance. They were like, beating him?

"IU, look." I pointed out "Should we take a look?"

She looked at me and swayed her head. 

"No, don't... I sense them. They're all from the A class.... wait. There's another. He's from the S class."

"So?"

"Are you some kind of a bum? We might get killed!" she whispered while doing those 'creepy' killing gestures

"Ugh. If you won't then I will."

"No!"

 

I walked towards that direction and saw a guy getting beaten by several other guys. The constant beating kept the guy on the ground and weak, respectively. 

"Hey! Stop it! He could die!" I cut through the crowd while blocking the next kick 

"Oh what?" the guy that threw the kick said. "Come on little girl. You shouldn't be here. Now run along." he shunned me.

"Wtf. Don't you 'little girl' me! Can a little girl do this?" my hand moved accidently. Unknowingly added some ice sparks and a few cool breeze. It left a glowing red mark on his cheek.

"You !" he touched me and a spark suddenly chilled me. I can't move.

 

"Nobody calls babycakes a ."

That deep dark voice...

A large metal rod came flying above us, shoving the wicked guy hard on the ground.

"Jinhee!" IU's voice echoed the narrow path. "Gosh Jinhee. Good thing Woob— your brother was near!"

The other guys scrammed away and the FAMILIAR guy was left lying on the ground.

 

"IU.." I called out

"Yeah?"

"I can't move."