Chapter 16: A Day Well Spent

Cloud Academy

I stared at the shiny part of the lamp post beside the bench I was sitting at. I ran my fingers on my hair and checked for some standing hair, not to mention how I can compare myself to a dying squirrel. I brushed imaginary dust off my shirt and jeans and fixed the laces of my shoes. Few more minutes left. I sighed.

The sky became dim as clouds covered the blinding rays of the sun. The temperature also went down. I felt the breeze cascading on my skin making me shiver from the contact. That was hardly cold enough to send me into a shiver, I can sleep with thin clothes and no blankets with the A/C on full blast without getting chilled since I got my Frost. What the hell is wrong with me?

Then it hit me.

Why am I getting the chills? I have the power of Frost! I frowned upon the thought. 

I regret leaving my sweater on my bed. I rubbed my arms and shoulders so friction could do its work and produce heat. A series of wind came blowing past me making my hair fly all over face. I coughed as I almost ate some of my hair and the wind dried the back of my throat.

"Hey, Jinhee," a voice brought me back to my senses. Turning out to be a voice from the person I was waiting for. 

"Oh hey there Kai," I greeted back and bowed as a sign of respect. I patted the space beside me motioning him to come and seat. He did as I gestured.

"So what's the plan? Are you ready for tomorrow?" he asked reluctantly. 

I turned my head upwards and looked at the clouds, "Kai?"

"Hmm?" I saw him look at me from the corner of my eye.

"Don't you really think I would get mobbed by your fangirls, like what I told you earlier?" I chuckled lightly, with a hint of nervousness and anxiety "People are really scary nowadays."

He removed his scarf and placed it around my neck, assuming he noticed that I was shivering the whole time. "I told you, don't worry. You'll be safe with me, I promise."

An image of Minhyuk and Peniel passed by my mind. I wonder who'll be their dates?

"So," he spoke. He stood up and held his hand out. "Let's go?"

The two hemispheres of my brain are still debating whether I'd take or not. Still keeping his fangirls in mind. What if they saw me? I am also informed that there are Paramounts in EXO's fanclub since they are Paramounts also. It would really stir up some trouble if they see me holding their oppa's oh-so-precious hand.

"Sure,but no thanks for that," I said, gently declining the hand he offered.

The walk was pretty awkward and silent. I noticed him constantly taking glances of me as we moved. The sky went darker as the time goes by. The lights on the street were lit up by some people who are gifted with pyrokinesis. It looked so romantic and sweet. I wonder what he was thinking.

"Isn't it romantic?" he asked. I was somewhat taken aback like he just read my mind. He looked at me and smiled.

"That's what I also thought," I returned a small smile.

There were also street performers around the corner so we went and took a closer look. There was a guy summoning water dragons from his water bottle. Then there's this super flexible girl that went inside a fishbowl and fitted perfectly. They look so amazing.

"Jinhee, flies could enter your mouth if you won't close it," Kai chuckled as he touched my chin. The feeling of shock went back to my body again, but lighter. Like electricity that traveled all over my body in one go. "Are you okay?" he asked.

I shook my head and said: "Yes I am."

 

"Going back to our main purpose here, what color is the dress you're going to wear?"

I bit my cheeks from the inside, "About that..."

He looked at me like he understood what I was about to say. "You still haven't any?"

"I still have the magical closet at the dorms though," I muttered.

"No silly, only regular clothes that will fit your taste appear there. Formal clothes won't." he explained. "Come, I know a good place where we'll find good ones."

He pulled me by the hand that made me surprise by the sudden skinship he just executed. I hope he won't bring me to an expensive store because I'm just a beggar. Considering I'm still a transferee with no rank yet, I still have no money.

And I was right. The store we went has their lowest-priced dress as 999 dollars. Some are even more expensive than low-class source stone. My mouth hung agape as I saw a dress that was covered in shiny blue stones with a price as I high as 4500 dollars.

"You like that?" Kai popped from my side, startling me. 

I nodded. He went to sit at a brown couch opposite the dress racks. "But the price is too high. Actually everything in this shop is." I went to the other side of the rack and saw other dresses that had the same price. "Why did we even go here? This place are for people with golden lining!" My eyes caught another dress in the opposite side of the shop, a red figure-hugging halter dress. A ruby, probably a source stone is embedded on the middle of the chest area. 

He started to laugh at me complaining about high the prices of the dresses in this shop is. He stood up from where he was sitting, "Don't worry about anything, I brought you here for a reason. Just pick anything and bring it to me." He gave me another one of those angelic smiles.

The day ended with Jong In buying me a fitted teal-colored dress that went down to my knees that has cuts on the side showing small parts of my waist, a pair white platform heels with silver gems on it, and a silver clutch bag. He also bought me three cones of ice cream that he thought was too much for me but I ate all of it and wanted more. He also happened to tell me how he discovered his main ability which is Teleportation, that he was taking a bath in his house and after he blinked his eyes he was already in their garden, . Only the bubbles from the soap covering him. 

"That's all for today, thank you for coming with me and the fun," he said as we stood in front of our room at the dormitory. He handed me the paper bags containing the things he bought for me and smiled.

"Hey, I should be the one thanking you," I pouted, earning a chuckle from him. "Thanks Kai, I really hope I won't die later or tomorrow. I think one of your fangirls already saw us earlier."

He shook his head, "I told you, Jinhee. That nothing would happen to you as long as I'm here. So I'll be expecting you tomorrow wearing those okay?" he pointed at the paper bag I was holding. He bid me good bye and disappeared in thin air.

This day is a day well spent. I thought as I knocked on the door to our room. "IU?" I called out.

I heard some footsteps inside and the door opened, revealing Minhyuk with a smile plastered on his face. "Oh hey Jinhee! Where were you? I was waiting for you with IU inside, I have something to ask you." He took the paper bag and walked with me to the couch where IU, eyes glued to her laptop with her headphones, drinking a packet of blood with a spiral straw, is probably watching anime again.

I took a shower and changed my clothes. I then returned to where Minhyuk and IU was. "What were you talking about again?" I asked.

 

"About that," he smiled sheepishly and rubbed the back of his head. "Can you come with tomorrow? As my date?"


Is this long enough? *bows to the floor* I tried my best ; - ;