Chapter 2: Entering

Cloud Academy

Chapter 2: Entering


I don't really think we entered an academy. It felt like we've entered another planet or dimension.

There are people floating in mid-air, others racing with an amazing speed, and others shooting lasers from their eyes. It was so amazing!

If I only got some of those.

"How does it looke honey? Do you like it here?" she asked me excitedly

She practically looked like she's more excited than me.

I don't even know why in the world am I here when I don't even have any powers or there aren't extraordinary thing I can do.

"Mom," I called her as we walked down the grassy hill from the gate.

"Yes honey?" 

"Do I have any powers?" I huffed and pouted

She looked at me and nodded.. "Yes you do."

"How come I don't know?"

"You just don't remember. But you will find about it soon." 

I really want to find about it soon.

 

"Where do powers come from?" I asked her another question.

"There are many ways... some inherited powers from their parents, some got their powers from an item or a source stone, some were exposed to radiation, and other more."

"Parents? Do you have any powers mom?" 

"Yes I d—" "Watch out!"

A gigantic snow ball came rolling down our way. I really though we're going to die but something blocked on our way.

A large grass wall prevented the snow ball to bury us alive.

"Sorry about that!" a guy said.

"You should be! My daughter was almost buried alive!" mom retaliated.

"..sorry ma'am." the guy rubbed the back of his head and smiled sheepishly

"Its okay mom.." I told mom "And it's okay, but be careful next time." I told the guy and flashed a smile. 

 

"Where did that grass wall came from?"

"From me!" mom excitedly said "DId you like it?"

"Oh. That's your power? Making grass walls?" I laughed.

While walking, something strangled my foot so I tripped and got my face flat on the grassbed. 

"Ouch. What the hell?"

"My power is Plant Manipulation honey, get it right." mom rolled her eyes on me. 

"Ugh. I hate you mom." I said as I brushed the dusts off my skirt.

 

☁ 

Mom and I went inside a building and saw different students with their powers again. They're killing me with envy.

Did that guy just change into a werewolf? Is that a vampire? That fireball is awesome. Pyrokinesis. 

"Good Morning!" a lady on her mid thirties greeted us on the way.

"Oh yes, Good Morning." mom said.

"What can I do for you?" the lady asked. 

"I came here to meet the principal, my daughter is going to study here tomorrow and I need to settle something with her."

"Oh! Are you Ms. Kim?"

"Yes yes, its me."

"Oh follow me ma'am." she said and lead us somewhere

 

"Ms. Ryu? Ms.Kim is here!" the lady called out.

"Wait a minute!" someone said.

A woman in her mid-twenties appeared from the back of the room.

"Jihye!" mom said as she hugged the woman.

"My my, Seukhye you've become so pretty.. is that your daughter?" she pointed at me

"Yes Jihye. Isn't she beautiful?"

Eww. What the hell mom. Stop calling me that.

"Oh. You don't like to be called beautiful?" the woman asked me.

Did she just read my mind?

"Yes I did." she smiled

"I almost forgot. Jinhee, meet Ms. Jihye, the principal of Cloud Academy and also my longtime bestfriend. Her power is in her mind. Mind-control, Mindreading, and Telepathy." mom introduced her.

So that's why. Okay. I understand it already. I smiled. Looking at Ms. Jihye's way. I know she read my mind. I felt it.

"Okay! Enough with the introductions. Let's cut to the chase." Ms. Jihye said as she went back to her table and sat on her enormous chair. "You're transferring tomorrow right?"

I nodded.

"What all you need to do is only bring your important stuff like your documents and your birth certificate."

What?

"How about my clothes and stuff?" I asked.

Ms. Jihye chuckled. "You don't need to bring any of those anymore Jinhee. The academy provides almost everything for the students. Once you reach your dorm, the closet will fill itself with clothes that suits the taste of the one that will occupy the room." she explained. "That's all."

"Alrighty then. Let's go home."

I changed my clothes to my pyjamas and laid on my bed. I can't stop thinking on what about my power is. And I can't remember what mom is talking about. Ugh. My head hurts, I'll go to sleep now.

I placed my head comfortably on the pillow and quickly went off to dreamland.

 


author's note:

second chapter's off. 
happy new year  everyone!