Chapter 3: Transferring

Cloud Academy

Chapter 3: Transferring


"Stay safe Jinhee-ah! Be good!" Mom bid her goodbye before I transfer to Cloud Academy and live there.

"I will mom! I love you!" I replied, a few steps pass the door

"Say 'hi' to Mr. Jung for me!"

Mr. Jung?

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Who's that?"

"The ice wizard that drives the taxi. He will take you there."

So that's why the taxi is unusally cold. 

"Okay mom! Goodbye!"

 

I went outside to see if Mr. Jung is there already but hopefully, yes. I ran to his taxi with my backpack swinging on my shoulders and a piece of waffle on my mouth. I looked back to look at our house one last time. Oh gosh I'll miss this place.

"Did you bring everything you need?" he asked me.

I opened my backpack and checked the contents, "Yes I did. My phone, documents, birth certificate, and my diary are all here." 

"Okay now. Let's go." he opened the door of the cab and let me in.

I sat on the soft chair again. I really love this cab. Though it looks old, with the cracks on the paint outside and the wearing of the interior, the vehicle still gives a good and comfortable vibe.

"Uhmm, Mr.Jung?" I called out

"Yes Jinhee-ah?" he looked at me through the rear-view mirror

"Can you turn the air conditioner off? It's freezing here at the back." I rubbed my arms and shivered

"Oh, sorry Jinhee. My power is getting out of control these days. I haven't drank water since yesterday because when I'm touching the glass or bottle or whatever containing water, it's instantly freezing!" he laughed dryly

"Hahaha. That's crazy Mr. Jung." I laughed with him.

Unknowingly, we're laughing with the time. The 1 hour drive seemed like a 10-minute drive for me.

 

"Here we are Jinhee. Good luck! Just say the words 'Magical things can only be seen in fantasy. But most of it came from reality. Never seek for those who are nothing, seek for those who are everything.'" he said.

Magical things can only be seen in fantasy. But most of it came from reality. Never seek for those who are everything, seek for those who are nothing.

"Got it?" 

"Yes sir!"

I hopped out and marched to the tree portal.

 

Where is the tree? Tree 1, tree2, tree 3... oh here we go.

Okay! Here it is.

"Magical things can only be seen in fantasy. But most of it came from reality. Never seek for those who are everything , seek for those who are nothing." I closed my eyes and waited for the portal to open. Slowly, I opened an eye, then realized nothing happened

Huh? Is something wrong?

"Magical things can only be seen in fantasy. But most of it came from reality. Never seek for those who are everything , seek for those who are nothing." I said again, still, nothing was happening!

"Ughhhh! Do you hate me tree?" I kicked the tree and hit it with my hand "Ouch! Ugh! Why am I so stupid!"

Out of the blue, my hand got yanked by a stranger and examined it.

"The tree doesn't hate you, and don't hurt yourself."  

 

????'s POV

"Don't forget to bring your handphone okay? Call me when you need something!" Minhee-noona said as she waved her hands.

"Yes nooona! Bye!" I replied as I rose from the ground and flew

Stupid me. I almost forgot my documents. Good thing noona's home today. What was it again?

Magical things can only be seen in fantasy. But most of it came from reality. Never seek for those who are nothing, seek for those who are everything      

Alright. Still cool.

A red spruce tree... red spruce tree... there!

"Ma—" "Magical things can only be seen in fantasy. But most of it came from reality. Never seek for those who are everything , seek for those who are nothing." I was about to say the words but a girl cut me through..

Huh? Is she another transferee? 

"He—" "Magical things can only be seen in fantasy. But most of it came from reality. Never seek for those who are everything , seek for those who are nothing." 

Why can't she let me finish a word?

"Ughhhh! Do you hate me tree?" she kicked the tree and hit it with her hand. "Ouch! Ugh! Why am I so stupid" there was blood on her hand. She's a bit crazy- and kind of what she just said, stupid

I walked beside her and said... "The tree doesn't hate you."

I grabbed her hand and healed it with my power..."...and don't hurt yourself."

 

She looked at me and uttered a thank you.

She's.... simple beautiful.  I stared at her perfection while remembering someone...

"Hey." she said as I snapped back to reality

"Oh sorry."

"Are you a trannsferee too?" she asked

"Yeah. By the way, the portal isn't opening because there's something wrong with what you're saying." I told her. "You exchanged the 'everything' with 'nothing' and 'nothing' with 'everything'."

She looked down, probably with humiliation, facepalming herself. "That's why," she muttered in a soft voice

"Look here. Let's say it together okay?" I flashed a smile at her. She then smiled back.

 

"Magical things can only be seen in fantasy. But most of it came from reality. Never seek for those who are nothing , seek for those who are everything..." 

The tree glowed and the portal opened.

"Ladies first?"

"O-okay." she answered, eyes still on the ground

She went inside first and I followed her from the back.

 

As we reached the gate, she looked at me while smiling...

"Is there... something funny on my face?" I rubbed my face and checked if there something or whatnot

She giggled. Which is so cute.

"No. There's none. It's just. I didn't expect someone or some stranger to be this kind to me..."

"That's nothing really. Before anything else, may I know your name?" I asked her.

"..."

"If you don't want to tell me it's okay. I know it's a bit uncomfortable to tell your name to a complete stranger." I rubbed the back of my head. I then laughed awkwardly.

"Jinhee..."

Huh? "What?"

"My name's Kim Jinhee."

"Oh."

That is one familiar name.

 

"My name is Minhyuk. Lee Minhyuk."

 


author's note:

 

double update men! for the new year! ^o^