Chapter 4: Abilities? Powers?

Cloud Academy

Chapter 4: Abilities? Powers?


So Minhyuk was his name. 

"Now what? Let's go!" Minhyuk held me by the wrists then dragged me. 

We walked around and observed the lively atmosphere of the campus. I looked around and observed, there are actually someone here that doesn't showcase their powers to the public. Like the guy sitting over there, below the apple tree. He's just sitting there, quietly, while reading a book.

Unlike the guy opposite his way, summoning gales and twister all over the place. He even messed up the piled dried leaves that the other guy just swept. 

 

"What are your abilities?" he suddenly asked. 

"Don't bother to ask. Even I don't know what my power is." I chortled

"Sorry I did." he chuckled

"How about you? What's your power?"

"I got atmokinesis as my main ability." His eyes started to glow blue light, the clouds directly above us turned dark and lightning started to stalk the grounds, it then disappeared when his eyes stopped glowing.

Then, he started to move and float a few feet from the ground, "I got flight and healing, as you saw earlier, as my sub-abilities."

Wow sub-abilities?

 

After the long time walking, we entered Ms. Jihye's room and greeted her.

"You're both transfer students am I right?"

"Yes. We are." we both nodded.

"Full names please."

"Lee Minhyuk."    "Kim Jinhee."

"Alright. Wait for a second." she dug on her drawer full of papers and got two pieces of papers. She handed it to both of us. "These are your class schedules."

First Year, 4th Class.

"Oh lookie. We both share the same class." Minhyuk said as he showed me his class schedule that clearly says 'First Year, 4th Class' on it.

"Then shall we?" I motioned him to come and find our class

 

1st class... 2nd class... 3rd class.. 4th class!

"Let's go." he said as he turned the silver knob on the door. "Good Morning sir." he greeted

"Oh. Are you the transferees?" the teacher asked. We both nodded as an answer. 

"Come in, come in." 

We entered the classroom while eyeing each of the people in the class, there are someone sleeping (and drooling), others doing something on their desks like tapping their desks, and playing with their phones. 

"Introduce yourselves." the teacher commanded.

"My name is Lee Minhyuk. Nice to meet you everyone. Please take care of me." he said while flashing a smile, making the girls drool over him while the other boys scoffed. 

"What's your power Minhyuk-ssi?" the teached asked.

"I have three."

The others gasped in response upon hearing the number he just said. 

"What are those? Mind showing them?"

He inhaled a deep breath and exhaled slowly as he rose up from the ground. "I got flight as my first sub-ability..." He then used the sharp piece of his necklace to cut a small wound on his finger. He hovered his other hand on his finger and the wound disappeared. "Healing is second. Now, my main ability, please look outside," the other students turned their heads to the window in unison. The sky turned dark and thunders roared upon, rain followed and attacked the ground. "...atmokinesis."

The girls in the class cheered for him. "That's great Mr. Lee, and you? The girl beside Mr. Lee."

Huh? Me? Oh...

"M-my name is Kim Jinhee..." I stuttered, lost for words. I don't even know what my power is. "Yes. Continue." the teacher said

"Nice t-to meet you. Please take care of me..." I said.

"May we know what's your power?" Oh shoot.

"Me- I-"  "She's too shy to show it." Minhyuk interrupted.

"Is that so?" the teacher said, raising an eyebrow on her. "Okay then, my name is Cho Kyuhyun, or Mr. Cho for short, please occupy the seats at the back."

We marched to the back while me looking at some other place. A girl stuck her feet out to trip me over but luckily, Minhyuk caught me before my face land flat on the floor. The girl scoffed at Minhyuk for interrupting her plan.

"Thanks Minhyuk, I owe you big time." I thanked him. "That's nothing." he flashed his ever handsome smile on me.

 

After a matter of time that seemed like an hour, the bell rung and signalled that the current period is done already.

Minhyuk and I went out of the room with our bags. 

"I almost forgot. Where are our dorms?" I asked him. "Isn't it included on the class schedule?"

I checked my class schedule and saw the building and room number. A 204. A-Building Room 204.

"Oh look. Same building, but I'm on the third floor, probably, 307." he said.

Hmm. Luck is gone now. 

"Let's go to our dorm now. I wish my dormmate is good." I whispered. "They sure will, if they'll do something bad to you, let me at 'em." Minhyuk said. He really is a good friend.

 

"Oh, here it is. See you later Minhyuk!" I said as I reached my dorm. He waved his hands in response and proceeded to his dorm.

I knocked on the door but I got nothing as response. I knocked again, but louder. 

After a few moments, a girl with a headphone on her head opened the door. "Sorry about not responding earlier, I got carried away by the music. How may I help you?"

"I-I will be your new dormmate." I spoke. 

"You are? Oh... I remember now, please wait." she said and slammed the door, you could hear the ruckus inside with something falling to the floor and some 'ow's.

She then opened the door and let me come in. "I just removed all my things on the other desk which will be yours and my used shirts on top of your bed. Sorry 'bout that." she grinnned.

The room is just normal and simple for the two of us. The bed is comfortable like the one on Mr. Jung's cab.

She watched me put my bag beside my bed and went beside me.

"Hey there. My name is Lee Jieun. Or IU for short. Nice to meet you." she stretched her hand out. I shaked it.

"My name is Kim Jinhee. Nice to meet you too."

"By the way, it will take the closet an hour to fill the clothes to your liking, so you will need to change later." she said. 

 

"I'm a vampire, but don't be scared, I only hunt for animals like chickens and cows." she said. "But how about you?"

I gulped. Whys is this happening again?

"I don't really know... my mom said I have one but I really have know no idea what is it." I exclaimed. It to be normal.

"Ow. Okay... no its not okay." 

"Why is it not?"

"Today is a friday! And friday means the weekly Ability Test!" she said.

"What is that?" I asked her. 

She explained everything to me that an Ability Test is the training where you will fight with another student to see if your power improved, still the same, or it became worse.

"Now let's go!" she stood up.

"To where?"

"To the stadium! It's almost 2 o'clock. Today will be the first Ability Test of the year, we musn't be late. Or else..."

"Or else... what?"

"Nevermind. Let's just go." she dragged me outside and lead me to the stadium.

 

 

Multitudes of fireballs were shooting out in the sky. One almost hit IU but her reflexes avoided it.

"What's happening?" 

"That's nothing. It just started."

"The Ability Test? But why does look like that guy is going to kill the other one."

"Oh that? I forgot to tell you.  You must knock out your opponent to win the test. " she blankly said.

"How?"

"You know. Like burning him/her hard. Or freezing them till they pass out..."

"Oh.... YOU WHAT?"