Chapter 6: Frozen

Cloud Academy

"Sheesh. Man... it's freezing out here." I complained. I reached out for my blanket but it was gone. I was to lazy to open my eyes and check what was happening. IU is there anyway. I sounded like an immature, dependant girl. 

"IU? Would you mind turning the air-conditioner off?" I requested. IU must be on her headphone again. Even though it felt like a bother to me. I rose up from where I was lying and was suddenly greeted by a penguin staring at me.

"Ahh!" I shrieked. The penguin was turned aback by my sudden reaction. "What the hell? Where am I?"

I rubbed my eyes and checked if I was just imagining things. But the sight just became clearer. I scanned my surrounding and saw ice everywhere. I felt like I'm at Antarctica or somewhere else.

"Oh come on! Was I teleported here while I was asleep?" I slammed the ice below me. The ice was usually rough, spiky, and super cold. That's why I just happened to hurt myself again. Wish Minhyuk was here.

"Hey!" a voice from behind frighthened me. "What are you doing here?"

"Ugh. I don't even have any idea where am I and you dare ask me what I was doing he—" upon shifting my gaze to the owner of the voice, I realized he was someone familiar.

"Its you!" I pointed out "Huh? Do I know you?" he blinked his eyes innocently

"The guy from the other day! My mother and I almost got buried alive because if you! Don't you remember?"

His eyes became wide after hearing that epic incident. It's just humilliating for him, he never lost control of his snow balls before, I say, GIGANTIC snow balls.

"Oh, yeah. I remember. Sorry about that." he sheepishly rubbed the back of his head. "Nah. Its okay. Everybody makes mistakes." 

 

"Alright. Before I get crazy or die caused by this deadly freezing temperature, could you tell me how to get back to the academy?"

He looked at me and asked "Cloud Academy?"

"Yeah. Where else? The Candy Academy" I answered. With a bit of sarcasm on top.

"Lol. Sorry. By going through there." he pointed to a thin metal pole.

"How?" 

"It's a jumper. Like a portkey." he explained. 

I nodded my head in reponse and headed to the thin metal pole while shivering. Aish. I'm freezing. How did I even get here?

Xiumin probably saw me shaking so he lent me his jacket. "Don't worry. I still have another one inside." he then flashed a smile.

The jumper teleported us back to the academy and I went back to the dorm and saw IU sleeping soundly.

I crawled to my bed and read the clock. ITS JUST FREAKING 2 AM IN THE MORNING! 

I wonder how I got teleported there. Is it connected to my dream earlier? I just dreamed about a... FREAKING TELEPORTER THAT I TOLD HIM TO TELEPORT ME IN SOMEWHERE NOT HOT? Oh yeah, I remember. -_-

I went back to bed and continued my sleep.

"...you felt crazy then?"

"Like hell, yeah." who wouldn't be? You were just teleported to somewhere else while sleeping!

"Lol. I wonder what happened last night." IU said while stretching.

Our third class just ended and it's a good thing I have the same class as IU till the 5th one. And I felt sad upon not seeing Minhyuk today, I think we only have the same class, which is Math. Curses.

"Power Class is next right?" I asked.

"Yeah..." IU answered. She answered blankly. She's probably like that because she's not wearing her headphones today.

 

"Our test today is about strength. You will show your power to the fullest, but not here okay? I know some of you belongs to the DPG. We will go to the Training Dome later. Do you get it?" Mr.Choi practically yelled upon seeing his students doing something else other than listening to him

"Yes..." all of us answered.

 

We proceeded to the Training Dome which is made of a special material that keeps the power of the DPG members inside.

"Alright! Let's start with Jung Eunji!" Mr.Choi called out.

A pretty girl went to the center and showed her power. She transformed to a black shadow demon and wrecked havoc inside, but she's not trying to kill someone so it's allowed.

"Stop." Mr. Choi commanded. "That's 9 out of 10. Next is Hwang Miyoung."

She stood at the middle and screamed so loud. So loud that our ears almost bled.

"That was ear piercing Miyoung, but very good. A perfect score for you."

The test continued and so on until it reached the last, which is me.

 

"Okay. The new kid, show your powers."

I raised my hands and a big blue forcefield came in sight.

"Lame!" a guy from the side shouted. I eyed him and gave him a cold and icy stare. A stare that was so icy that made him freeze in his place.

Is this my new power? Paralyzing stare? I mentally laughed. I laughed until I got carried away.

"Ms.Kim? You may stop now." Mr.Choi demanded with disappointment seen in his eyes. It made me snap back to reality and stopped laughing.

"Ms.Kim, I said stop!"

"I already stopped laughing! Can't you see?"

"I didn't mean that, I mean your power! You're killing Chen!" he pointed the guy that annoyed me earlier. He was freezing and ice was starting to form around him.

"That wasn't me!"

"Jinhee! It's you! Look at the ground!" IU spoke.

There was a trail of ice from my foot to him. Holy bananas. Is this a new power?

 

"Yes it is Ms. Kim." a familiar voice said. I turned around and saw Ms. Jihye. "It's your new power you just discovered. That's very impressive. But you may stop now."

"I don't know how!" I yelped. I just didn't know what to do

"Then let me handle it." Ms.Choi walked towards and gave me a light tap at the back.

I felt something like electricity pass through my body.

The ice around Chen disappeared quickly. He then fell to ground while sheepishly rubbing his head. "I'm okay!" 

 

That's what you get! Haha. I thought.

But the most amazing part was, me discovering another power, which is Frost.

 

 

 

Mr. Choi, or Choi Siwon's power is Persuasion.