Chapter 10: Failure

Cloud Academy

"I can't move!" I said as I tried to move my feet and my arms. My mouth is the only thing that is working! Even my eyes. It's only focused on the wall where I was looking at.

"He cursed you. He used somekind of a paralyzing spell that only their kinds can undo it. And some Lightning wielders too.." 

"Oh come on! Oppa! Help me!" I whined to Woobin-oppa who is busy checking the guy on the ground

"He's injured babycakes." he pointed out. With those bruises on his body and a cut on his head. Its really difficult to determine his face with him lying unconcious. But he looks awfully familiar.

"Minhyuk oppa can help. BUT HELP ME FIRST WILL YA?"

"Okay okay."

But before oppa could reach me. The shock in my spines gave another blow and chilled me up to head. And that's where I passed out.

"Call me oppa. You're my babycake's bestfriend right? Then you're no different from as my little sister." I heard someone say. My back was lying flatly. With my eyelids paralyzed, and the same thing with my mouth. Now I'm completely helpless. 

"W-well.. okay.. o-oppa." a girl's voice answered

"Say it again." the other commanded

"O-oppa..oppa..."

What the- are you serious right now?

I heard the door creak open and footsteps came running. Another voice came in sense and started speaking.

"Are you okay now?" the girl's voice asked. Same with the man's voice.

"Uhmm, somehow yeah, Minhyuk was a big help," the other replied.

"Then you may help her now. I'm getting impatient." 

Her? You mean, me?

"Alright. I will."

 

I heard sparks of electricity echoing the room where I was in. Like lightnings bouncing gracefully on metal rods.

After for like 30 seconds, the footsteps heard like they were coming for me. 

Zap.

I felt something that what I felt before I became paralyzed. But more electrifying.

"There. Just wait her to move. I removed the spell the warlock casted. Let's leave her now so she can have her rest."

Warlock? Casted? Spell? 

The energy that I am feeling around my body is getting stronger and stronger. Like my heartbeat getting faster and faster. I can feel the pressure of my blood rummaging through my veins. That's it. I think I'm going to die.

I can't remember anything else other than blacking out and being paralyzed. I tried to move my fingers... I tried.. and tried... and successfully it did. Slowly... I moved my feet... toes... hands... arms... eyes.

I wonder what my mom would think for my first week in this academy. I swear this is so stressful and aggravating. Now I am lying on this bed trying to move my paralyzed body parts, which is completely annoying. I could have finished a book on my shelf right now. 

I heard the door open and footseps, then I felt a part of the bed weigh down, knowing that person is sitting next to me.

"Ya, Jinhee-ah, please wake up. The incoming event needs us to have a date and I want to go with you," he touched my hand and carressed it. 

"Is that for real?"