Chapter 12: Awake

Cloud Academy

"Another day, another suffering." I sighed, blocking the sunlight off my face.

It has been days— or even weeks, ever since 'that' incident happened. I never believed that I could do something like that, something unimaginable. Another power has appeared, Electricity to be exact. And yet, another mystery.

Today is the day everyone, except me, has been looking forward to. They have been wandering around preparing on what they'll wear, what to bring as gift, what to do, looking for.... dates.

Sadly, I won't be attending today. I have to take care of my sick lying brother beside me. Being unconscious for more than 7 days is just... I don't know, I wish I do. 

Minhyuk's daily visit helps me to take care of Woobin-oppa. Despite of what happened on that day, he knew that my brother is just too over-protective of me since I'm his only sister and sibling. He managed to heal himself in less than an hour and recovered quickly to help oppa, but then, his healing ability was only level 2 and only for open wounds and diseases, not with curses and spells. 

I, my brother particularly, have been receiving a lot of visits since that day. IU, Ms. Jihye, Peniel and the rest of BTOB, and the guy that me and my brother saved, which his name was actually Chen and a part of another group that IU gets crazy for, EXO.

The door creaked open and two heads popped out. "Good morning, Jinhee."

It was Minhyuk and Peniel. Bringing bags of cheesecake and coffee for the morning, Peniel came by my side and placed it on top of the center table in front of me.

"Eat. You must be hungry." He sweetly said and flashed a smile. I smiled back and brushed strands of my hair to the back of my ears and said "Thank you."

 Minhyuk, then glared at him and shoved Peniel by the side and stole his place. I was taken aback by his weird behavior and game him a peculiar look, arching an eyebrow. I let out a small chuckle and smiled lightly

"Pardon my weird behavior, but now, eat. Your brother would be mad at me again if he sees you thin and blame me." he spoke.

I laughed at him and started to eat. "Okay, I will." I looked at him and started eating

After I finished, Minhyuk took the box and the plastic away and went straight to the trash. Peniel just stared at me wiping the cream off my lips.

Minhyuk suddenly cleared his throat that startled Peniel. He accidentally nudged the dextrose connected to Woobin-oppa and made it fall.

"Omo! I'm sorry!" Peniel panicked and quickly reached for the stand and placed it back to place. But to his sudden action, the needle connecting the dextrose to Woobin-oppa was removed

"WHAT THE HELL PENIEL!"

I could clearly hear Minhyuk's shouting from outside the room where Woobin-oppa and I was. He's probably scolding and nagging Peniel for being too clumsy earlier.

"AISH YOU EMBARRASSED ME IN FRONT OF HER!" he continued

I was keeping my laughing in but I ended up bursting, he still continued his nagging. I could imagine how Peniel looked like while being nagged by his hyung.

 

I stood up and went to the mini-kitchen inside the room and grabbed a glass of water. Then I heard something...

"......." I heard a groan coming from the room where he was lying. 

My hands— arms— my whole body was shaking. Please tell me he's awake! PLEASE! I shouted in my thoughts. And if I can, I could scream my lungs out. Oh God, please tell me he is.

I slowly walked out of the mini-kitchen and took a peek of my brother on bed.

The glass slipped off my hands and went straight to the floor, breaking itself to pieces.

And I took another glance at Woobin-oppa....

 

he's awake


I wonder why. But my storyline seemed to be shifted and the chapter seemed to be so short, oh well. That's how it is. xD

Comment and Subscribe~ Upvote is very much appreciated