Chapter 14: Kim Jongin

Cloud Academy

I blushed and turned around, "W-why'd you think of them? There are a lot of guys as dates other than them you know!" I slid the loose hair on the back of my reddening ears.

I could feel their stares at me but I held back the urge to turn my head.

"You feel giddy?" Woobin-oppa questioned me, "Minhyuk would be fit for you, plus, he's the closest guy here to you right? Or Peniel, I think he really likes you."

Me? Peniel? Hell no, he wouldn't.

I looked back at him and scoffed, "Why do you care anyway?"

I stomped the ground and stormed away.

 

"Jinhee! Wait!" 

IU called out. I heard her but I increased my speed and hurried down the stairs. Few moments later, I looked back and didn't see her anywhere, I grabbed the opportunity to ran away, and so I did. 

I was walking happily on the hallway thinking of what I should wear on the event,then suddenly, some guy around my year bumped me so hard that I flew a meter away from where I was standing a while ago.

"Aww." I rubbed my forehead while whimpering and cursing. This guy is so stupid. And as before I could rant over him, he pulled me by my wrists and dragged me somewhere I don't know.

 

After nearly 30 minutes of running, we stopped by a huge tree and laid down the fresh green grass catching our breath.

"I'm sorry..." he spoke, I turned my gaze his way "you know, for bumping into you, and dragging you here," he smiled like an angel.  

"I-it's okay," I turned away to hide my face in shades of scarlet.

Silence filled the place as we stared upon the horizon. I felt the fresh air against my face, I closed my eyes to feel it better, but I felt something else. Like something's above me, I felt the shadow of another person on my skin. As I opened my eyes, I saw him above me, staring straight into my eyes.

My eyes widened and as my reflex, I pushed him off me. I slowly opened my eyes and he wasn't to be seen anywhere.

"Woah lady, that was so close I almost died! Good thing my ability came fast. Didn't know you have electricity with you," he said. He appeared by my side looking bewildered. "You looked so cute so I decided to stare at you, sorry if I frightened you," he smiled again.

Can somebody take away this guy? He's killing me!

"What's your name? I'm Kim Jongin, but my friends call me Kai."

 

"Kai?"

"Yeah?"

He just stared at me while smiling.

"I-I'm Jinhee. Kim Jinhee." I said, stuttering.

He smirked at me, "Jinhee? That's a pretty good name."

I gave him a small awkward smile and nodded.

 

"By the way, why were you running earlier? That bump was pretty hard though," I managed to talk to him.

He looked at the sky and said, "They were chasing me, again."

Who?

"They?"

"Fangirls."

Fangirls? Wait a minute... I looked at him with wide eyes

"Are you....?"

And before I could finish my question, he cut through me.

"Yeah, I'm an EXO member, along with Chen, the guy you saved."

"How'd you know?"

"Well, we're close friends, and you just saved a part of our group so the news will spread like a wildfire around the academy." he explained.

So that's how it is huh?

"How about you? What happened to you before we bumped into each other?"

 

I explained everything to him, about that 'date' thingy. 

"For sure you're thinking that I'm overreacting right?" I asked him; laughing a little.

"Nah, not really. Those fangirls chased me because they wanted to be my date, but none of them was my type."

I heaved out a heavy sigh and plopped down and enjoyed the view. "Poor us, we don't have any dates."

 

"Hmmmm..."

I shifted my gaze to his way and met his eyes.

He gave me a smile, that probably meant something.

Wait.

Did he just....?

 

"A-are you serious? Your fangirls could kill me!"

"No, It's okay! They won't touch you if you're with me, I promise!"

 

"I think you won't be able to make up your mind for now, but here," he gave me a piece of paper "Call me if you do, okay?"

I accepted the paper and placed it inside my pocket. "Sure," I gave him a sweet smile.

"That's it. Just smile, you're so cute when you smile. So okay? Bye. I'll teleport back to my dorm, I'll expect you!"

He waved his hand and disappeared in thin air.

 


Why didn't he teleport when they were running earlier? :3 Guess why.