13.0

Sweet and Savoury

http://www.listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=CoObTyYr814

Narrator's POV

Within those hours of karaoking and drinking, everyone was completely wasted as it was up to Lay, Luhan and Suho take everyone back to the resort.

"Yah Sehun! Don't bite my arm!" Luhan scolded as Sehun giggled and let out a hiccup.

"Oppa oppa look!~" Subin said it a cute voice as she cuddled Suhos arm. Lay struggled to carry Juna as the whole time she was hugging his chest and breathing against his neck. Finally, after a while, he became tired and told Juna to get on his back. Thankfully, everyone made it back unharmed and tired. It was a long day for everyone, especially Subin. She was one of the first ones to become sober as for the rest of them, they all went back to their rooms and rested for the night. She thanked Suho for taking her back to her room as he patted her head, smiled and went back to his room. Subin let out a long sigh as she took off her heels and went over to the fridge to get some water. Afterwards, she decided to get changed into a white v-neck, harem pants and a black cardigan. 

Subin's POV

It was breezy outside. You'd think that the wind would blow your hair in a direction that makes you hair fabulous; it only happens in the movies and dramas. While my hair had a mind of its own, I pushed it back and walked along the beach as I heard the waves crashing against the shore. What to do.. I closed my eyes as one person came to my mind.

Argh.. Get yourself together Subin. Stop thinking about him. I took a deep breath and decided to lie down amongst the sand. The cold breeze blew once more, making me shiver. Within the time period I laid on the sand and tried to thing of other things, my mind kept going back to him. Why did he stick up for her? Does he not like me?! Ugh hes so precious!

"Who's so precious?" A voice behind me spoke which made me jump.

"Aigoo! That scared me!" I sighed and held my chest as it was beating fast and heavly.

"Oh.. Lay, it's you," I replied plainly. I don't know exactly why I replied like that; it just came out that way. As I sat up, I used my hand and pushed my fringe away from my face as I watched him sit down beside me. It was quiet at first, as the both of us watched the waves and the bright moon.

"So--" I started.

"About--" He spoke.

The both of us looked at eachother awkwardly.. "Oh, go ahead," I replied with an awkward yet nervous laugh.

"About earlier this evening...I didn't mean to make you upset or anything. I don't want you to think I'm bias or anything--"

"I'm not upset." It went quiet again...The wind blew once again pushing my hair onto my back. I hugged my legs tighter and looked at my toes.

"You and Juna look cute together." Another dagger flew directly into my heart. I looked at him and gave him a convincing smile, atleast I think it was. I began to dug my feet into the sand and closed my eyes as I laid back down onto the sand again.

"It's cold, you shouldn't be out here in the first place anyway.." He said quietly.

With my eyes still closed, I replied to him. "I couldn't sleep anyway, so I wanted to go get some air...Why are you up? You had a long night having to take care of everyone including myself..." I let out another awkward laugh. I glanced over at him and noticed him looking at his feet.

"I couldn't sleep either..." He replied. I slowly nodded and turned away. I looked up at the stars and smiled at myself.

"Do you want to know what really amazes me?" I asked as I continued admiring the stars as Lay stayed quiet.

"The universe is actually so big, yet we find ourselves thinking that Earth is big. One star in the sky compared to earth makes it look like nothing, where as from our perspective they're so small.. LOL TO BE HONEST IDK WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT," I burst into laughter. "I think I'm still tipsy." 

I looked over at Lay and saw his poker face once again. Aishh.. I awkwardly cleared my throat.

"You are your brother seem to be really close," Lay started. I looked up at him and smiled. 

"Yeah, we are," I replied, grinning to myself. "Myungsoo hyung and I don't have anyone else but eachother."

"Oh..did your parents pass away or..Actually, nevermind, sorry for asking." Lay's head drooped down as he bit his lip. Cute. 

"Hahaha, Anni Anni, they didn't die or anything. Our family has a pretty big past." I took a deep breathe and continued speaking.

"See, my parents didn't exactly support me in my dream of baking or any of my other dreams and goals I wanted to achieve...When I was younger, I came home from school and found my Father, drunk. Of course, I tried my best to avoid him while he was in this condition but he eventually came to me; yelling and screaming..calling me a nuisance towards my family because I told them I wanted to have my own path in life to follow. From the yelling and screaming, went to kicking and beating..."

"Subin-ah..."

"And all I saw was blood..and I felt weak.." I sniffed.

"Subin!" 

"And then I saw Myungsoo-hyung.." Lay suddenly wrapped his armd tightly around me as tears quietly slid down my face. I didn't realise that I was crying. He began to my back and hugged me tighter. I felt safe..secure in his arms. His scent lingered in my nose as I whiped the tears off my face.

"I..I'm okay.." I insisted. I pulled away from his hug and gave him a smile. 

"It's okay, I'm used to it," I ensured him. He gave me this odd look. A look of pity and sympathy. To break the sad mood, I pinched his cheeks and tried to make him smile again. He eventually broke into a smile, showing his heaven-like dimple which made my heart waver a little. We decided to go back to our seperate rooms and rest. Lay walked me to my cabin. 

"Thank you..Yixing." His face expression changed immediately as it looked surprised yet relieved. I turned around and as I was about to open my door, I turned around and gave him a nice warm hug. 

"It means a lot..just for someone to listen to me." 

I spent the rest of the night thinking about him, without realising falling asleep and dreaming about that perfect-like human.

Yixing...