Chapter 7: Women's Tendencies

The Exception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Since it was my day off today, I decided to get up early with only the thought of Joon in mind. It was well deserved after working with such a busy schedule this week. So, with my precious available time, I naturally used it to make his favorite breakfast before waking him up. 

“Sir, I’ll get the papers done tomorrow.”

Mr. Bang had called to let me know about my tasks that were waiting for me once I get back.

“Yes, I’m spending time with my son right now.” I nodded, hearing his next orders. “Yes, I’ll also put together your schedule.” He thanked me. “No problem, sir. See you tomorrow.”

Ending the call, my hand reached out to place the phone onto the counter when I completely miss it. I watched it clatter against the hardwood floor but something felt off. Shaking my head, the dizziness disappears. Well, that was strange. Snapping back, I heard utensils clanking against the bowl from behind me. 

“Joonie, why did you stay up so late last night?” I leaned against the counter and watched him eat his breakfast. When I got home last night from the event, Mrs. Woo told me that Joonie refused to sleep but finally crashed when his little body couldn’t take it anymore.

“I was waiting for you.” He answered softly and picked at his food. Which was weird since he usually asked for seconds by this time.

“Did you want ramyun that bad?” I chuckled. Joonie usually fell asleep around 8 or 9, but Mrs. Woo said he completely passed out at 10 and I didn’t get back to a little after. He simply refused her every attempt to get him to lie down. 

“I wanted to see you. If I went to sleep, I can’t.”

But, it ended up that way. I came home and carried him straight to bed, he didn’t even stir in his sleep, indicating how tired he was.

The smile on my face falters after hearing him say that so pitifully. “So, it wasn’t because you really wanted to see a movie?”

He shook his head and moved his spoon around in the bowl. He didn’t say anything else. Instead, he hung his head and the little movements from his hand stopped. Seeing that something was wrong, I walked over and kneeled beside his chair.

“Joonie?” I heard sniffles and I held his face up so I could see him. Tears were streaming down his face and it pulled at my heart. “Honey, why are you crying?” Joonie never cried much, he was a happy kid.

“You don’t have time for me.” His voice croaked and I knew it wasn’t one of his usual tricks. He simply wanted to stay up to see me. He was trying this hard and all I have been focused on was my job. But, everything I do is for him. Every late night I spend up late with paperwork is for him. But, he was too young to understand that. He was at the age where he wanted the attention and believe me, Joonie deserved it. And, it was hurting me that I’m not able to give him everything.

“I’m sorry, Joonie. I’m sorry I’m busy all the time.” I picked him up from the chair and hugged him. “I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter