Identity, Diary, Life

Silent Angel II

8.

When Hyesu walked out of the ward, she slowly walked towards the garden. Then, her memories washed through her. She remembered the days when she was young, being with the person she only love. The love of her life. Her first love. But she slowly realized, first love doesn't mean anything.

First love, can be all just a smokescreen.

But that was already gone. Memories are memories. They will never be relived. That is what Hyesu believes.

She glanced at her watch and softly smiled, which then slowly turned into a frown. “It’s almost dusk, Suho should have returned home, right?” she asked herself. Then she hopped onto a taxi and drove to EXO-K’s dormitory.

“Hyesu, it’s time to put personal things aside. I can’t just keep thinking about helping Suho, I have to plan for unnie too,” she whispered. “Enough of playing, it’s time to get things done.”

--

Hyesu knocked on EXO-K's dormitory. “Hey!” she chirped and walked into the dormitory once the door was opened. D.O. blinked in surprise as he closed the door and followed her.

“Who’s here-Ah!” Sehun screamed once he stopped yawning, as he rearranged his hair and smiled meekly at Hyesu. She laughed and ruffled the maknae’s hair, then sat on the sofa, smiling at the members.

“Hyesu, why are you here?” Baekhyun asked as he sat next to her, while she made a face. “Aren’t I welcome?” she asked. Baekhyun shook his head vigourously as he waved his hands. “I don’t mean that!”

Hyesu burst into laughter and nodded her head at Baekhyun. “Chill, I’m just joking. I'm here because of ..- Ah yes, did you see Kai?” she asked, looking around.

“Who called me?” Kai asked, walking out of the room. His eyes widened and he blinked in surprise, before cracking a smile. “Hey,” he greeted. Hyesu jumped up and waved enthusiastically at him. “Hey! So you’re here. I thought you went out,” she said, chuckling then dragged him into his room. While they walked into his room, Hyesu whispered something into his ear then quickly shut the door.

The EXO-K members gathered round, exchanging confusing looks as they stared at Kai’s door. “Something’s wrong,” Chanyeol whispered, and they nodded their heads. “Very wrong.”

"Don't you think, something's wrong with Hyesu and Kai?" the maknae pointed out and everybody nodded. "It's like.. both of them are having an underground relationship.." Chanyeol murmured.

"What if, they're dating?!" Baekhyun shrieked and everybody whacked his head. "Not so loud!" they hissed lowly and bit their lips. "If they are really dating, I wonder how the company is going to handle it," D.O. murmured and sighed, placing his chin on his palm while the rest nodded.

"And Hyesu's personal life will be gone if the media knows about this," he added and Sehun pondered for a second. "But if they really date, I wonder how Suho will take the blow. It's like seeing his own girlfriend with another guy, which is his best friend. It's backstabbing!"

"Touchwood! Maybe we're just speculating too much. They maybe are just too warm with each other. Let's just wait until they date," Baekhyun said and everybody whacked his head again. "Touchwood! What do you mean by you'll wait until they date? I hope they will never date and the problem will never happen, you idiot," D.O. chided.

 

 

Hyesu closed the door and sat on his bed, smiling while Kai rummaged through his drawers. “I know it’s kind of late to collect the books from you, but I’m kind of urgent so I really need your textbooks for reference,” Hyesu said.

“It’s alright. I’m fine with it, just that I was wondering why you didn’t ask Sehun about it,” Kai rummaged through his drawers while he said. “Well I don’t mind lending it to you, I’m just asking,” he added.

She smiled and shrugged. “Well, Sehun is still in university, I can’t possibly borrow textbooks that he will need, right?” she said and chuckled, while Kai nodded his head, and chuckled in amusement.

Kai then pulled out a box and tossed everything out. He collected the textbooks then dusted it. “Here.” He handed it to her and she held it with both hands. “Woah. Heavy.”

She placed it on the desk, and accidentally spilling a cup of water. “Sorry,” she immediately apologized and took tissue paper to dry it. “It’s alright, I’ll get a cloth,” Kai said and before he went out, Hyesu called out. “If you don’t mind please help me get a cloth to wipe away the dust. The books are kind of dusty,” Hyesu said and scratched her neck.

When Kai went out, Hyesu immediately closed the door shut and held her breath as she leaned on the door and took in a deep breath before rummaging through his drawers.

She scanned and took out almost everything from his drawers. Some items were D.O.’s, while some are Kai’s. She couldn’t find anything and her eyes slowly travelled up to the box that was on top of the closet. TEENS it was written.

She immediately took a chair and stood on it shakily. She tip on her toes and grabbed hold of the box, then steadily lowered it onto the ground. She quickly unsealed the box and opened the flap, taking out everything she sees. Toys, toys, more toys, baby clothes, and in the middle of the pile of baby clothes, she found a diary. She dusted the dust of it and squinted her eyes to form the words. LOVE LIFE

She frowned and quickly flipped to the first page. “This book belongs to Kai” “What rubbish,” she murmured and randomly flipped to a page. “Third year in SM Academy, boy I love this year. Met quite a few people. Met ten girls so far for this week.. I think I’m gonna love this day in-“

She stopped reading and closed the diary. Nodding her head, she placed it in her bag an continued rummaging. Then, she saw another diary and she rolled her eyes. My Life “Why does he have so many diaries and I had no idea about it,” she muttered under her breath and kept it in her bag.

Then, she stuffed everything back into the box and carried it, shakily placed it on top of the closet.

She quickly scrambled and placed everything back. When Kai came back, Hyesu immediately packed her bag and stuffed all of the books in her bag. “Sorry Kai but I need to go now, I’ll see you next time, bye,” she said and quickly ran out of the dormitory before Kai could even bid farewell.

Once she stepped out of the dormitory, she almost couldn’t take it. She felt like puking. She wanted to faint. She clenched her fists tightly and took in a deep breath shakily before entering the lift.

“One more step, left,” she said to herself, shaking her head as she leaned against the lift door. It was too much to handle for her, and too much hatred in her that could be explained.

 

 

Suho gazed out of the window, resting his chin in his palm, and his elbows supporting the weight of his chin. He softly smiled at what he did today with Hyesu.

For once, he didn’t treat Hyesu as Hyemin. He really didn’t. And when he saw her facial features, he was totally mesmerized. But it wasn’t that that made him like her, it really wasn’t because of her outer beauty. It was because of her inner beauty. It was a long time since he really met such a bubbly person who is really straightforward. And he had no idea was that fate, because the watch she designed, was the one that he bought. Coincidence, he must say. Or fate.

He sighed softly to himself, and his mind slowly wandered. What was Hyesu doing?

 

 

Hyesu was busy. Not busy with homework or whatever, but busy with Kai’s diaries.

She browsed through the pages. She didn’t read the diary entries entirely, but just reading the first few lines of it.

To be honest, just reading the first few lines, she already knew what that entry was about. Romance, and a new girl he was dating. Wow. What a colourful life he has when he was young, Hyesu must say.

She rolled her eyes and read the next page. To her surprise, that entry totally caught her attention.

Today, I met a new girl. Well, not really new. I met her a few times, and today was the day when I talked to her because we were in the same room for dancing. Kind of surprised when she smiled at me. I may consider dating her. She seems nice, but somehow, I find her too nice, that I don’t dare breaking her heart. Up till today, I still have no idea what her name is. Oh wells.

 

New discovery! Just found out her name is called Hani. Nice name she got there. Too nice. Still in consideration to pay more attention to her. She somehow reminds me of someone, that I don’t dare to break her heart. For her case, I shall need some time to really consider.

She closed the diary and rubbed her eyes. She rolled her neck and sighed, shaking her head.

-----