Truth

Silent Angel II

12

The day just passed like this for Kai as he laughed and slapped his thigh, catching the attention of some customers in the cafe. This book really brought tears to him, and also laughter which made customers giving him weird looks, or suspicious looks. They were either glaring at him for making too much noise, or finding him familiar, like a celebrity.

He closed the book and sighed softly to himself, grinning. Then, he immediately shot up from his seat and looked out of the window, his eyes widening in surprise as he realised it was almost dusk.

 

Then, he ran out of the cafe, running towards the university. He stopped in his tracks, slinging his bag over his shoulders and quickly hid behind the pillar as he saw Hyesu strolling out of the university. He heaved a sigh of relief, and was about to follow, when Hyesu stopped.

She whipped her phone out and answered the call. Then, her face darkened and she immediately frowned.

She gulped and took in a deep breath, nodding her head while she weakly placed her phone back into her pocket, trembling.

She flagged for a taxi, entering it and it immediately drove off. Kai immediately frowned and flagged for a taxi too, then hopping on. “Follow that taxi in front,” he instructed.

 

Hyesu alighted and ran into the hospital, followed by Kai who stood outside of the entrance of the hospital, frowning while he walked in. “When did Hyesu have any family members in the hospital..” he murmured, following her sneakily.

Hyesu ran straight for the counter and took out her identification card, registering her name and dashed off.

Then, Kai went to the spot she was a few moments ago, and picked up the identification card that was on the floor.

Kim Eunhye.

“It’s you, it’s really you..” he whispered, letting his fingers trace the card. He had mixed feelings. He was happy, really happy and elated that he finally found her after so many years, finally meeting her, but somehow, he was confused. If she came back, why didn’t she recognise him, which actually made him mad for worrying for her so long.

“Excuse me, where is this girl heading to?”

 

 

Hyesu ran out of the lift and dashed into the ward but was held back by the nurses.

“Doctor!” she shouted. “What’s wrong?” she asked worriedly.

Through the glass window, she could only see the doctor shaking his head and whispered to the nurse, then went out.

“What’s wrong doctor? What’s wrong with the patient inside?” she asked anxiously, tugging onto the doctor’s coat, tears trickling down.

“The patient’s condition suddenly worsened, we have already stabilized it, but we need to find a transplant as soon as possible.”

She sank in the seat, in despair as she looked at her. “But how.. my liver isn’t suitable..” she whispered.

She slowly wiped her tears before she entered the ward.

Kai immediately rushed out of the lift and ran into the ward, seeing Hyesu crying silently as she held onto the patient’s hand.

He slowly walked towards her, taking in a deep breath. “Hyesu.. I mean, Eunhye, is that.. Hani?”

Hyesu stood up and forced out a smile. “Hey Kai. Why are you here? What are you talking about anyway, I’m not Eunhye, and this isn’t .. Hani.”

Kai looked at her, shaking his head and held onto her shoulders firmly. “No. You are Eunhye, you’re my Eunhye!” he said and engulfed her into a hug, while she pulled away and looked away. “What are you doing Kai! I’m not Eunhye and I don’t know who’s Eunhye,” she said coldly.

“You are! Stop denying! Your identification card is here. Born on 22 March. Kim Eunhye, stop denying.”

Hyesu’s eyes widened in surprise as she snatched the card away from him. “The person Kim Eunhye doesn’t exist. The name lives, but the person doesn’t. It’s now Kim Hyesu.”

“You finally admit you are Eunhye..” he said and smiled, hugging her again while she break the hug.

“Don’t touch me,” she hissed, which made Kai's eyes widened in shock. “Eunhye.. what’s wrong? You know I’m Kai. Kim JongIn. Why did you say such things? Wh-what happened? Where did you go? Why did you suddenly leave me with just a letter?” he asked, attempting to hold her hands while she shook it away.

“Nothing happened. You were the one who left me in the first place,” she said, glaring at him, while he shook his head.

“Eunhye. What happened to you? Tell me,” he said hugging her once more while she yanked his hand away but he held her body close to him, having Hyesu to struggle helplessly. “Let go of me!” she shouted.

Kai didn’t, and he held onto her tightly, cupping her face and having the other hand to travel down her waist as he leaned forward and pressed his lips against hers forcefully, with his hand pushing her forward and she squeezed her eyes shut, struggling and frowning.

Kai didn't know why he did that, he just felt so confused and impulsive all of a sudden.

He kissed her even more, closing his eyes and wrapping his arm around her waist, pulling her closer till there was no gap between their bodies.

Hyesu's muffled screams could be heard and tears trickled down her cheeks. She clenched her fists tightly and used all her might to push him away, frowning and glaring at him while she wiped with the back of her hand.

“What is wrong with you!” she shouted, glaring, with tears in her eyes. But Kai was hurt even more. “You know I’m Kim Jongin, and yet you pretend to be another person-“

“I didn’t pretend! I changed! I changed myself for the better, unlike someone who still is ever the playboy, and does despicable means just to get what he wants. Despicable,” she said, wiping the tears off her face.

“What’s wrong with you Eunhye. Where did you go seven years ago? It seems like you disappeared from the surface of the earth-“

“And yet you have the nerve to ask me where I went. It’s because of you and your family! My father named me Eunhye, which stands for grace and gratitude, and I did. I repaid the people who saved me, and then I change my name to Hyesu, that stands for hatred, revenge, and grudge. And the grudge I’m holding against, is you. Kim Jongin,” she said with gritted teeth as she sat down.

“Can you explain what is happening!” he shouted, running a hand through his hair. She shot up and glared at him.“The fault lies with you! If you didn’t have the courage to break up, and asked your father to help you, this wouldn’t have happened! Or maybe we shouldn’t even start in the first place.”

“I-“

She took in a deep breath and shook her head. “Forget it I don’t want anyone to disturb Hani. Get out, now,” she said harshly, pointing a finger towards the exit.

“Eunhye-“

“Out!” she screamed.

“I’ll find you and I will have an explanation from you, somehow. Goodbye, Eunhye,” he said and closed the door.

Once he left, Hyesu burst into tears as she buried her face into the bedsheet, staining it with her tears.

----