Blames

Silent Angel II

17

Weeks passed. Hyesu stopped looking for Baekwon, and somehow, Hani’s condition was better, but still, can be critical at any point of time.

“Bye Hyesu!” Her friends waved as they parted their ways. Hyesu walked out of the gates, walking to her left, her grip on the strap of her sling bag tightened while she walked.

Suho watches Hyesu exit her house and walked to school. He really wanted to show his face to her, declare how much he felt for her, but he knew he couldn't.

Suho smiled softly, and heaved a sigh of relief. Everyday, he would just hide behind the pillar and watch her walk away. Then, he would always be relieved, contented. Because he knew heaven let her spend for one more day safely from the dangerous life she is now.

He was doing similar things just like Hye Min five years ago, but somewhat different.

 

An angel need not always be there openly to protect. Sometimes, angels can be secretively like Suho, and sometimes angels are always around you to guide and guard you, but sometimes people fail to see that the person always beside you is the person that is the angel of her.

A secret protecting angel.

 

He watched Hyesu like a guardian angel, an angel that quietly protects and watch over Hyesu silently, praying for her and relieved when she was fine.

He walked away, even his footsteps were light and quiet, walking the opposite direction of Hyesu’s direction.

When he glanced at his watch, he blinked in surprise. He stared at the watch for a few seconds and lowered his head down. The watch stopped working. The watch stopped ticking.

He let his fingers trace the outline of the glass, softening. “Maybe, God is telling me that the time is over for Hye Min and I..” he whispered softly, walking away as he placed his hands in his pockets.

 

Suddenly, his eye twitched and his frowned. He stopped in his tracks. He felt an object that was very heavy, weighing on his chest. It felt, bad. He just somehow felt uneasy, like something bad is going to happen.

He turned around and ran after Hyesu, pillar after pillar passed him as when he chased after Hyesu, he found her trembling as she boarded the taxi.

He immediately chased after her in the other taxi, looking out of the window, trying to figure out what is with Hyesu.

Hyesu fidgeted in her seat, fiddling with her fingers and she clenched her fists nervously. “Please don’t, please don’t. Nothing must happen to you unnie,” she murmured softly, and also comforting herself.

She looked into the window. She could almost see the hospital, then she glanced in front. “Excuse me but can you go faster?” she asked, biting her lip nervously. She felt so weak and her stomach was having butterflies. She was already actually used to these type of situations, but maybe because there were too many situations, that’s why she felt nervous even more.

“There’s a traffic jam. You either wait, or we take a detour, take your pick,” he said. Hyesu sighed and nodded her head. She paid him and immediately slammed the door shut after alighting. The hospital was just a less than a kilometre away, and she dashed for it. Without looking for oncoming traffic, she made a dash to the opposite side of the road.

Just then, an oncoming car came and Hyesu was pulled back just few centimetres away from being knocked down. She looked at the arm that held firmly on her wrist, then looked up. “Suho? What are you doing here?” she asked, recognizing him.

He frowned. “I should be asking you why did you just dash across the road?” he asked, while Hyesu bit her lip. “I’m in a hurry I need to go,” she said and quickly shook his grip off her and ran.

Suho followed her into the hospital where she was kept outside of the ward while the doctor were in the ward.

 

The doctor walked out of the ward and took off his mask. “Her condition is worsening because her liver is failing. I will put her name first on the waiting list, and if there’s a donor I’ll arrange for an operation as soon as possible,” he said then glanced at the patient through the glass window. “While for now, we can only wait and put her on IV drip. I’ll try controlling her condition and keep it stable by some medicine,” he said and walked away.

Once Hyesu stepped into the ward, she broke down in tears. Seeing how haggard Hani is, she really can’t help but blame herself. If she didn’t date Kai, if Hani didn’t know, if she didn’t enter SM Academy, this wouldn’t have happen before. Hyesu feels that she indirectly caused the state of Hani, and now, maybe even the death of Hani.

But no, Hani won’t die, she thought.

Hyesu could only helplessly cry, waiting for a donor while she prayed for Hani. She really felt hopeless and worthless at this moment, and it was painful.

 

Suho’s heart cringed and he pulled her out of the ward. “Hyesu, snap out of it,” he said while she shook her head. “I caused the state of unnie, I was the one who caused everything. Everything is my fault,” she croaked.

“Hyesu, snap out of it.” Suho shook her shoulders while she shook her head, sobbing. “You can’t blame yourself. It’s already predestined. You can’t turn back the clock because it has already happened. Blaming yourself is not the solution,” he said tilting her chin up while she looked away. “It’s my fault. It’s all my fault. You don’t understand Suho. I can’t help but blame myself because I feel helpless. I feel so worthless. The worst pain isn’t having to experience the pain yourself, but to see your loved ones experiencing the pain, and you could only watch your loved ones suffering while you can’t do a single thing to help. I can’t even share the pain with her. It’s torture. You don’t understand,” she sobbed.

Suho’s grip on her loosened and he sadly shook his head. “I understand. I understand. Because Hye Min died right in front of me, and yet I couldn’t do a single thing to help. It was already too late,” he said, holding back the tears.

She looked up at him and already saw his eyes filled with tears, sorrow. “I blamed myself. I blamed myself for listening to her and didn’t get a chance to meet her at her last breath because she hid it from me. I even blamed God for not giving us time to be together. When I started seeing her, she already left me. I blamed God for taking away her too soon, and failed to see that Hye Min actually came into my life and changed it,” he croaked, a lump forming in his throat.

 

He choked back those tears and took in a deep breath. “Hani’s not dead. You can’t just blame yourself and give up. Just do your best and come up with any ideas to save her, she will pull through. Hye Min didn’t get a chance to live for a longer period of time, but Hani stands a chance. Hani have not given up, you can’t,” he said. Hyesu looked at his eyes that were filled with regret and yet sincerity. Those things that were bottled up in him were slowly let out, and what he said, was so sincere.

Suho slowly wrapped his arms around Hyesu and let her rest her head on his shoulder, embracing her into a hug where she felt never so warm or secure.

It was a long time since she felt that type of feeling. The last hug she had that warmed her heart, was seven years ago, hugging Kai. But that was already in the past.

Hyesu closed her eyes and nodded her head, slowly putting her arms around him, those tears slowly drying up.

“I’ll help think of a way. I won’t let you suffer again alone. Even though I don’t know Hani well, but I’ll save her. I’ll try,” he said encouragingly, and Hyesu never felt something so sincere as this. She nodded her head.

-----