SIX

Can't Stop, Won't Stop

SIX         

 

Onew woke up still feeling a bit tired. Luna is now on the 13th week of her pregnancy yet she’s still experiencing HG and last night wasn’t excused since Luna almost lost consciousness of too much vomiting. Onew even wanted to bring her to the hospital but Luna declined saying that she’ll be okay.

As he opened his eyes he was surprised to see an empty side. He immediately stood up and headed to the bathroom thinking that his wife is there but found an empty bathroom instead.

“Where is she?”

He hurried went out of his room and ran downstairs and almost breathed a sigh of relief after actually finding his wife setting the table.

A smile formed in his lips as he realized that he worried too much, he first settled standing by the door, observing what she’s doing and she seemed not to notice his presence. He enjoyed watching her even thinking about what to put on the dining table.

As he saw her enter the kitchen he immediately followed her. As she was standing infront of the table to get her dish with her back still facing him. He immediately got the opportunity to walk towards her and enveloped her in his arms which obviously surprised her.

“Oh!”

“Good morning honey.” He greeted as he kissed her cheeks and caressed her bump.

“Good morning baby.” He then stooped down a little to kiss her belly and returned in hugging her from the back. This must be his favorite position, to hug his wife from the back as he could feel his seed growing inside her through her bump.

“Good morning honey.” Luna replied as he was surprised to hear her voice crack which made him let her turn to face him as he was surprised to see tears dwelling inside her eyes.

Blame it to the hormones, Luna always get touched and feels warmth when Onew is doing such thing. His sweet acts always reminds her the reason on why did she decided to actually marry this man.

“Hey, why? Does anything hurt?” Onew asked as he cupped her face.

“Nothing, I’ll just get this ready so we can eat breakfast.” Luna replied as she shrugged it off as she was about to remove Onew’s hands from her face when Onew stopped her and made her stay still.

“I love you.” He said as he kissed her in the lips.

“I love you too.” Luna replied as they parted which just made Onew smile. These were the deeds that he haven’t done for almost three months since their honeymoon since they both got busy. That’s why he really consider their baby as a blessing since it brought them closer again since this was his usual deeds to her when they weren’t married yet. Those times when he would visit her in their house and would find her cooking breakfast for her parents and he would end up helping her.

As he let go of Luna, she proceeded to the table to get the food to bring it to the dining when Onew stopped her.

“I’ll carry this.” Onew said as he got it from her.

“But it’s not heavy, I can-“

“Let’s go.” Onew replied in a serious tone but smiled upon turning his back at her. Luna just pouted and followed him.

 

“I’ll wake Minho up.” Luna offered as Onew prepared the table.

“I’ll wake him up, just sit here.” Onew replied still busy.

“No, I’ll go up since I’ll get my vitamins.” Luna didn’t bother to wait for Onew’s response and headed upstairs.

 

Onew smiled as he was satisfied with how he arranged the food on Luna’s plate when he suddenly hears a scream.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Duuuubbuuu! Honneeeey! Oneeew!!” It suddenly made him ran towards where he hears her voice.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Inside Minho’s room.

 

“Why honey what happened?” he immediately asked her as she approached him infront of the door.

 

“Get the thermometer, and my first aid kit, get some food also, Minho has fever.” Luna commanded which obviously shocked Onew. He felt like he was almost getting heart attack after Luna’s scream… but his brother is sick after all.

“What’s wrong?”

“I entered the room since its open, I saw him burning.” Luna replied with concern and worry in her voice. Onew immediately pulled her gently out of the room.

“Stay downstairs, I’ll take care of him, you might get infected by fever.” Onew said as he held Luna’s hand to the stairs.

“But I’m okay, my immune system is good, I’m a doctor after all-“

“And I’m your husband who’s saying that you should follow me at this point.”

“But-“

“No more buts honey.” Onew didn’t let her finish what she was saying nor hear her reply for he just swiftly carried her and brought her downstairs to the living room. He then settled her gently in the sofa and signaled her to stay. Luna just pouted.

 

Onew then hurriedly went to their room and got their first aid kit and returned to Minho’s room. He was covered with blanket and was almost shivering. Onew touched his forehead and could clearly say that he’s burning. He immediately got his temperature as he looked for some medicine in their kit.

“38.9, what have you done to catch fever?” Onew muttered after getting the thermometer from his brother.

“Minho… Minho wake up.” He tried to tap his shoulder as he could feel his brother move.

“It’s cold… kuya(elder brother)…” Onew’s eyes grew wide after hearing his last word… ‘kuya’. It’s a Filipino word they learned from their nanny when they were young. They were both attached to her that they even considered her as their mom. Too bad their nanny got married and left them when Onew was in university while Minho was in junior high.

“Shhhh…. Kuya(elder brother) is here… Minho I need you to wake up and wait for me, I’ll get some food and feed you then you’ll drink your medicine.” Onew whispered to him in a calm voice. Though Minho was already losing his consciousness, he managed to nod.

Onew hurriedly went downstairs to see Luna already at the last step with a food tray.

“I know you won’t let me go upstairs nor just bring this up so I waited for you here. Have him eat, atleast put something in his stomach before having him drink his meds. Then maybe you can get a basin and towel to wipe on him. Also have him changed then monitor his temperature.” Luna said before handling the food tray to Onew.

Onew on the other hand didn’t say anything and just nodded. He then headed upstairs.

He then followed what Luna said. He fed Minho who have atleast ate half of what Luna placed on the plate. Onew then let him drink medicine and started to use the towel on him. He then let him change his clothes before he let him go into slumber.

 

 

 

 

 

-

 

Minho could feel something cold on his forehead. He’s having a headache and a heavy feeling but he could feel that he’s hungry. He slowly opened his eyes as he got the towel from his forehead.

“Baby.” He was surprised by the voice who called him, Sulli was actually sitting at a chair beside his bed with a warm smile on her face.

“How are you feeling?” she asked as she held his hand.

“Why are you here? You might get sick.” Minho didn’t give her a respond to her question.

“You’re acting as if you don’t know me baby, you know I don’t get sick.” Sulli replied with a giggle. But it’s true; Sulli has a high immune system that she doesn’t really get sick. She might catch colds but it would only last for a day or two.

Minho just then smiled. Sulli got the towel from him.

“I cooked something downstairs, I’ll just get it so you can eat something. Onew said your last meal was this morning, it’s past six in the evening, you slept too long baby.” Sulli said as she stood up. Minho wasn’t able to respond since Sulli went out of the room.

Few minutes later she was back with a food tray. She then helped him take a seat before starting to spoon feed him.

“I can eat baby.” Minho replied as he tried to get the spoon from Sulli. It’s not that he didn’t want her to do it, but he just didn’t like the idea of being treated like a baby when he’s sick.

“No, I’ll feed my baby.” Sulli said as she lifted the spoon away from him. Minho didn’t have a choice but to let her, he knows he won’t win o her since he’s sick.

After feeding him, Sulli then let him drink his medicine and check his temperature to make sure.

“Atleast it’s subsiding, you rest well baby.” Sulli said as she was about to stand up when Minho stopped her by holding her hand.

“Stay for a while baby, I just woke up, I won’t be able to sleep immediately.” Minho said. Sulli obediently followed.

“Why are you here?” Minho asked.

“Because my baby is sick.” Sulli replied innocently but Minho just made a face which made her chuckle.

“Okay-okay, Luna called me this morning while I was on the shop. She said that you’re having a high fever so I left after settling things there and headed here.” Sulli told him.

“But how about the shop-“

“I’ve taken care of it, now is the time for me to attend my duties as a girlfriend to my sick baby.” Sulli replied as she held Minho’s hand.

Minho couldn’t help but smile as he could remember that it was his same line when he followed her to Busan after she slipped three days ago.

A knock was heard by the door as it opened revealing Onew and Luna.

“How are you feeling?” Onew asked.

“Much better… thank you for earlier.” Minho replied.

“No problem, my brother is sick so I have to attend on him.” Onew said with a smile.

“And it’s sister-in-law’s duty to check on her brother-in-law.” Luna suddenly butted in as she got her bag from Onew.

“But Luna I’m sick, I might-“

“Minho we’ve talked about this and I lost, she insisted that she’ll give you a check-up.” Onew suddenly said which made Minho shut his mouth. Sulli just smiled as she can imagine how Luna has won over Onew so easily.

Onew was against Luna’s request on giving Minho a check-up since she was worried about him. Onew kept on saying that she’s pregnant and it may affect her immune system… but of course, she wouldn’t be Luna if she’ll continue to be won over by Onew so she used her last straw…. And that is to show tantrums. She didn’t talk to him after breakfast and even sat far across him when they ate lunch. She couldn’t pin point if it was because of the hormones or just because of her plan… but it worked since Onew allowed her to give Minho a check-up but for then minutes only.

 

While Luna was checking on Minho, Sulli and Onew just stood at the side observing.

 

“I think you should slow down a bit Minho… this is the result of too much work, your body is not responding to how you wanted it to do, just to remind you you’re a human too. Though you have to take care of your artists but you have to take good care of yourself too. Have enough rest… good thing this haven’t led to over fatigue yet.” Luna said as she stood up. Onew immediately gathered her things, not letting her touch an object which made Sulli and Minho smile.

“thank you sister-in-law.” Minho said which just made Luna chuckle. Onew then told Luna to go out since she’s done already. Luna just rolled her eyes and headed out which made Onew scratch his nape and trailed after her.

 

“They’re just so cute.” Sulli said as she again sat on her chair.

“I can imagine how Luna won over Onew just to enter here.” Minho said with a laugh.

“And I can too.” Sulli agreed.

They have talked for a several minutes when Sulli told Minho that he should rest.

“You said you have a lot more work to do right? So take some rest so you’ll get better.” Sulli said which just made Minho pout and nodded. He didn’t want to sleep before she leaves but he knows that she’ll continue to push on what she wants…. She’s Luna’s best friend after all.

Sulli then helped him lie down and adjusted the comforter.

“Sleep now baby.” Sulli said as she kissed his forehead. He obediently closed his eyes. Sulli was about to stand straight after leaning over his forehead when Minho grabbed her hand.

“Stay until I sleep.” Minho said with his eyes closed. Sulli just smiled and settled back on the chair.

 

 

 

 

“Baby.” Sulli chuckled upon hearing Minho, she knows that he can’t really sleep immediately.

“Um?”

“I dreamt about her.” Minho said which made Sulli’s brows crease.

“Who?”

“Nanny.” Sulli then remembered that nanny that Minho has been telling her since they started to get to know each other. Minho and Onew are pretty close to this nanny to the point that they both stuck themselves in their room and didn’t bother to eat after their nanny left them. Onew was actually in university while Minho was in junior high but both acted like a kid just because their nanny left them to get a life of her own.

“Do you know if where she is now?” Sulli asked.

“I don’t know if she’s back to her country or she stayed here in Korea.” Minho replied as Sulli could feel a sudden grip on her hand. Minho surely misses her since he and Onew grew up with her. Their mother died when Onew was in middle school while Minho was in primary school because of tumor. Having a pharmaceutical company, they tried their best to create medicine that can at least extend her life… but maybe it’s God’s plan to get her from them.

“Do you want to meet her again?” Sulli asked but few moments have passed and she didn’t receive a respond. She then checked on him and realized that he have fallen into slumber. She then got her hand from his and kissed his forehead for the second time.

“Sleep and rest well baby, I love you.” She whispered before going out.

 

“Nanny look I got a star!” little Minho shouted with joy as he approached his nanny, trailing behind him is his elder brother who got the same smile as him as he handed his test paper to his nanny with a perfect mark.

“Wow, our boys are surely bright, nanny is so proud of you.” Their nanny said as she even kissed the forehead of the two.

“Ofcourse, I got the best tutor in the world.” Onew replied as he got hold of his nanny’s hand.

“Me too! Me too!” Minho butted in as he got the test paper of Onew from his nanny’s hand and held it.

“Oh this cute little boys…. How about an ice cream before going home?” their nanny asked them for reward which made them both squeal.

That was five years old Minho and eight years old Onew.

 

 

 

“Minho surely misses her, it’s been years since we’ve last saw her.” Onew said after hearing Sulli’s story regarding what Minho told her.

“Have you heard about her whereabouts?” Sulli asked, she knew how important their nanny is to them, and Minho dreaming about her simply means that she thinks about him since Sulli believes that a person appears in your dream because they think about you.

“I actually had someone look for her since last year but it seemed like the men I asked to look for her haven’t found her yet. We’re not sure if she’s still here in Korea, or back in the Philippines or out in other country.” Onew replied which just made Sulli nodded.

“You and Minho are surely close to her isn’t it?” Luna asked as she hugged Onew from the side since the two of them were sitting on the couch with Sulli sitting across them.

“Yes she is, she was like our mom since both mom and dad were busy with business and work. She wasn’t just a simple nanny, she was our second mom, tutor, problem solver, diary… name it and she can be like that to us…” Onew replied as both girls noticed sadness in his voice. It was no doubt that these two surely has a special spot for their nanny in their heart.

 

 

 

 

=======================

end of chapter six. How was it? :) Hello to the Filipinos out there! :) I just had to make a special shoutout since I used a Filipino term in this chapter. ehehehe :)

 

Comments? :)

Thank you so much!