SIXTEEN

Can't Stop, Won't Stop

SIXTEEN

 

“Hello baby? I’m so sorry… I know we promised to eat dinner together but I really have to finish something to finish something tonight.” Sulli said over the phone as her other hand is busy sewing sequins for the gown to be picked up the next day. It was delayed because the cloth that was supposed to be use was out of stock which made her look for other supplier just to meet the deadline of the gown.

 

“It’s okay baby… just do whatever you have to do…. Just don’t tire yourself too much.” Minho replied as he completely understand that Sulli is busy for the next few weeks as she’s balancing work and wedding preparations. From time to time he also coordinates with her and their wedding organizer so he could be updated by stuffs as he didn’t want to burden Sulli with too much work.

 

“But really baby… I feel guilty about this… I know you’ve cleared your schedule for tonight but-“

 

“You don’t have to worry about anything baby… as what I’ve said, it’s okay…. I complete understand.” Since the time that they ‘fought’ over Minho’s no-show during the dinner for his and Sulli’s family they’ve promised each other that once there is stuffs like this, they have to clear out their schedule. It so happened that this situation is unexpected for Sulli’s final gowns.

 

 

 

-

 

“Miss Sulli?”

 

“Yes Li-Sun?” Sulli asked as she faced her employee, she then checked her clock which surprised her. It’s almost nine in the evening and she haven’t ate her dinner yet… to add on that are her employees who are still in the shop, finishing the other ordered gowns.

 

“Oh I’m sorry I got lost track of the time… you can go now.” Sulli said as she gave her employee an apologetic look. It’s been a couple of days since they were having over-time to finish the final touches of the gowns since Sulli can’t also give her one hundred percent over work as her concentration is divided between the wedding and the shop. Even with the presence of her wedding organizer, she still wants to be hands-on over the preparation.

 

“No, we’re going to finish the remaining touches of the five gowns left…. I came here to tell you that there’s a delivered dinner for us.” Li-Sun said which made Sulli’s brow crease. It actually slipped her mind to have some food deliver for her and her staffs.

 

“Ugh… who ordered it?” Sulli asked but Li-Sun just shrugged her shoulder.

 

“Okay then… let me check.” Sulli said as she let go of the needle and thread and went out of her office.

 

She was surprised to see her staffs already having a feast over the dishes… she then looked around and was surprised to see who brought the food.

 

“Food delivery from CMH Cafeteria.” He said with a chuckle as he handed the dinner to her which made her blush. She then glanced at Li-Sun who was standing beside her, obviously giggling over her reaction.

 

“Ah really Choi…” Sulli said as she got the dinner and pressed her head over his chest in crimson.

 

“Why are you being shy over this? If I didn’t come you could have not eaten your dinner…” Minho said as he pulled her away from his body.

 

“Thank you baby.” She finally said as she looked up into his eyes as he just replied with a smile.

 

“Thank you Mr. Minho.” Her employees chorused as Minho just nodded.

 

“Ms. Sulli, come eat with us.” Her staffs invited her as she nodded and sat beside them to have her own feast. Seeing the sight of food made her feel hungry as she completely forgot about hunger earlier.

 

As for Minho, he didn’t settle down, instead he look over the gowns that Sulli’s staffs are doing. He then checked if what are the touches needed.

 

“Is this the pattern of the sequins?” Minho asked as he pointed over the drawn lines.

 

“Yes Mr. Minho.” Replied the staff that was doing the work earlier.

 

“Okay then.” Minho replied as he got the needle and thread… the staffs were surprised to see that he actually started sewing.

 

“Oh Mr. Minho let me do that… I’ll just finish this.” Said the staff as she was about to stop him but Minho signaled her to sit.

 

“Finish your food and I’ll do this.” Minho instructed as he continued what he was doing.

 

The staffs then turned to look at Sulli, asking her to stop him but she just smiled… and secretly giggled. This is for her, one of the best thing about her future husband.

 

Sulli stood up as she brought her food with her. She then sat beside him who was busily sewing. Sulli didn’t have to check his work as she knows that he can perfectly do it.

 

Minho noticed her presence as he faced her, he was about to speak when Sulli suddenly fed her which just made him chew it as he returned back to his work with a smile.

 

Sulli can’t help but get touched over his actions. Indeed, this man is her destiny.

 

-

 

“Sulli, thank you so much for this!” Na Eun squealed as she turns around infront of the mirror, feeling the gown she’s wearing.

 

“You are so welcome Na Eun… I’m happy that it fits you.” Sulli feels fulfilled seeing Na Eun’s reaction.

 

“Sulli I know that it almost caused you a burden making this gown… from my daughter’s 18th birthday and now my youngest, Na Eun’s sweet sixteen, you’ve never fail to amaze us with your works.” Minho’s uncle said as he observes his daughter’s fascinated reaction with her gown.

 

“You are very welcome uncle… I’m giving extra effort since it’s for a family.” Sulli replied with a smile.

 

“Minho is lucky to have you.” Minho’s uncle said which again made Sulli smile, truth is, she really can’t understand if why is Minho and his uncle having this kind of ‘fuss’ in between then when it comes to work.

 

Sulli is busy entertaining them for the gowns and suits that they spend the night to finish is actually for Na Eun’s 16th birthday to be held in two days.

 

As they were talking, Sulli’s phone suddenly rang.

 

“Oh Minho.” She whispered seeing the caller. She also happened to glance at Minho’s uncle who has stopped talking.

 

“Go on, answer his call.” He said as he signaled her to go.

 

“Ugh, excuse me.” Sulli said as she stood up to answer Minho’s call.

 

Minho actually just called to check on her… a usual thing they do. It would either be he calls first or she calls first.

 

“Seemed like your fiancé is checking on you.” Minho’s uncle said upon Sulli’s return which just made her blush, she’s not really used in talking to Minho’s uncle about these things but atleast she has become comfortable in talking talking to him after she was chosen by him to design the gown of his eldest for her debut.

 

-

 

“Are you by any chance the birthday girl?” Minho as they were walking towards the venue of Na Eun’s birthday party.

 

“Stop it Choi.” Sulli replied with a blush as she lightly slapped his arm.

 

“My baby is so pretty…”

 

“That’s why I’m the only one who feats to stand beside you.” she replied as she eventually blush.

 

“That’s why I love your confidence.”

 

“It’s telling the truth.”

 

“I know… that’s why I love you honesty.”

 

“because I’m a good girl.”

 

“That’s why I love you.” Minho turned his face to her as he held her chin and kissed her nose which again, made her blush.

 

“But really… your wedding is like… in three weeks so atleast give this time to me since it’s my birthday.” Their lovey-dovey moment was but by Na Eun who was already standing infront them which made Sulli look down, feeling shy on Na Eun seeing them in that situation.

 

“Happy Birthday Na Eun!” Sulli greeted her with a kiss.

 

“Thank you.”

 

“Happy Birthday cousin!” Minho greeted her with a hug.

 

“You’re growing too fast… don’t bother having a boyfriend first.” Minho added as he eyed Na Eun’s ‘date’ who’s standing beside Na Eun’s dad.

 

“Cousin!” Na Eun said in crimson.

 

“What’s his name again?” Minho teased which made Na Eun blush for more.

 

“I don’t know!”

 

“As far as I can remember, he’s Lee Taemin.” Sulli joined in as she came to know him for she’s the one who made his suit for this event.

 

“Well that Taemin seemed nice… but no boyfriend yet… got me birthday girl?” Minho said as he held Naeun’s chin. She nodded with a pout which made him and Sulli chuckle.

 

“But kidding aside, you look so perfect birthday girl… the gown suits you a lot.” Minho said as he held her hand to twirl her.

 

“All thanks to your future wife.” Naeun replied as she pointed at Sulli who replied with a smile.

 

“And to you for sewing this one.” Naeun added as she pointed at the sequins on her gown which made Minho’s eyes widen.

 

“I thought….” He glanced at Sulli, he told her not to tell Naeun that he was the one who sewed it.

 

“Not me.” Sulli raised both of her hands.

 

“I heard the employees talk about it.” Naeun answered his question which made him look down as he didn’t want to let anyone know that he did it.

 

 

As the party is starting, Sulli has been contemplating whether to do it or not. She has somehow planned to let Minho and his uncle talk now.

 

“Sulli is there a problem?” Minho’s uncle asked her upon recognizing her presence beside him.

 

“Uhm, uncle, I was just thinking if I can talk to you for a while?”

 

“Talk? Okay, where?”

 

“Just follow me.”

 

 

They both then headed to the area near the lobby of the hotel just a few steps away from the venue.

 

“What is it that you want to talk about Sulli?” Minho’s uncle asked as he got curious why would Sulli want to talk outside the venue?

 

“Just a minute, I forgot something.” Sulli said as she entered the venue once again.

 

 

Minho’s uncle was surprise to see Sulli back with Minho beside her.

 

“I guess you need to talk… I believe that what’s happening between you is not that big and serious, you just lack time to talk… I’ll just be inside.” Sulli instructed as she gave the two a look before heading in.

 

 

It’s actually one of Sulli’s goals before their wedding. She wanted the two to talk since she has witnessed how a certain rift happened between the two of them.

 

 

On the other hand, the two kept silent after Sulli left. Minho’s uncle took several deep breathes before initiating the conversation thinking that he’s the older one.

 

“Minho.”

 

It made Minho lift his head to look at him.

 

“I guess your future wife just want peace before your wedding.”

 

Minho was just silent.

 

“You want to know why I’m acting this way to you?”

 

Minho’s brow crease upon his uncle’s question.

 

“How could a twenty-five years old man who has just experienced few things handle an entertainment company that has been on the track for more than ten years?”

 

His uncle’s statement suddenly hit Minho.

 

As he was surprised that he admitted that it’s the reason why he’s acting this way towards him.

 

“Uncle I-“

 

“Maybe I’m still having the anxiety even though it’s been some years since I’ve passed over the entertainment to your care…. But you can’t blame me… for more than ten years of my life, I worked hard with my own sweat and blood just to give the entertainment the spot it has right now…” he continued.

 

Minho actually starts to understand right now…. That everything is narrowed down to the love of his uncle to the company as he has spent most of his life building and making it prosper, making it one of the top-billed entertainment company, not only in Korea but also in other parts of the world.

 

“Uncle I understand now….” Minho blurted out as he finally made an eye contact to him, the usual thing he prevent from doing if they’re together.

 

He has also assessed himself, maybe he’s reacting this way to his uncle because he’s being intimidated by the fact that this man was the one who worked hard for the company and he doesn’t want to be compared to him.

 

 

 

 

 

Sulli takes a peak from the door of the venue just to see how are things going on and she’s happy to see their calm faces from a far. She has a feeling that they’re actually settling things down now.

 

 

 

 

“Minho just always remember, you can ask help from me anytime with anything as long as I can do it…” his uncle said as they’re about to end their conversation for he received a text from Naeun saying that she needs him inside the venue.

 

As his uncle took several steps away from him, a certain idea struck his mind.

 

“Uncle!”

 

“Yes?”

 

“I actually want to ask you something…..”

 

 

 

 

-

 

“Good morning miss Sulli!” greeted her staffs as she entered the shop. She believes that they’re off for another long day today since they need to work on with several clothing for different costumers…. And to add on that is the fact that they’re three weeks away from their wedding.

 

“Good morning!” Sulli greeted back as she notices the huge grin on each of her employee’s face. She then made her way to her office to drop off her bag.

 

 

As she opened the door of her office, she noticed something strange as she smells something.

 

“That smells…”

 

Upon opening the door fully, her eyes widen seeing Minho infront of her table, fixing her breakfast. No doubt she smelled foods earlier.

 

“Good morning baby!” Minho greeted with a full grin as Sulli is still standing on her place, staring at him.

 

“I know you haven’t eaten your breakfast so let’s go before it gets cold.” Minho said after kissing her cheeks. He then pulled her towards her table to have some feast.

 

“What are you doing here?” Sulli asked, confused as she’s aware that this time, he’s supposed to be in the office.

 

Minho is still wearing his grin as he got something from his pocket and placed it on top of the table, an envelope.

Sulli then got it and started reading what’s inside it… which eventually made her eyes widen.

 

“Seriously?!”

 

“I filed a one week leave from the entertainment…. Look it’s signed by dad and uncle…” Minho said as he pointed out the signatures below the letter.

 

Sulli can’t help but smile as she stares at him….

 

How many times does she need to say, that she’s very lucky to have this man?

 

 

“I want to help my baby with the wedding preparations and with her shop…. I missed doing this.” Minho added.

 

Sulli, with her cute eye smile stood up and walked towards his back to give him a backhug. She also planted a kiss on his cheeks.

 

“How am I gonna repay you for this?”

 

“marry me.”

 

“I am… in three weeks.”

 

 

“Now.”

 

 

 

Sulli suddenly let go of the hug and stared at him with her eyes widen in disbelief while he’s grinning mischievously at her.

 

 

Did she hear it right?

 

 

Marry him….

 

 

 

NOW?!

 

 

======================

end of chapter sixteen.

 

how was it?

 

oh my... two more chapters left...

 

comments? :)

 

thank you so much! :)