Rebound...?

Heaven

I just finished my schedule for the day when I read my text; from Byunghee, saying he wanted to meet me regarding his new song. I opened up my calendar, look for the best time for me to spend some time with him. Handling composition, it can’t be done within short period of time. I need several hours at least. So, to be safe I told him I can meet him in another 1 week. By that time we’re having our holiday after 2PM’s Seoul concert.

 

He replied my text saying it is okay with him and we agreed to meet by that time. I walked lifelessly towards our van. We need to get home as soon as possible because each one of us has been very exhausted. We have been working non-stop for 2 days. With only couple hours of sleep in between our schedule, we have become like zombies. I am 100 percent sure, if suddenly there’s apocalypse and our earth overtaken by zombies, those filthy zombies won’t attack us; since they would have thought we’re one of them.

 

I laugh at my silly thoughts and without realizing I grinned like an idiot.

 

Taec whom sit beside me elbowed me a little. I think he saw my foolish grin. Oh, I thought he has fallen asleep.

 

“Wae,” I asked him, as if I couldn’t guess why he nudges me just now.

 

“You grin like neighborhood idiot. May I ask you why? Anything fun to share?” he confirmed my thoughts and asked me back.

 

“Nothing much, it’s just I am thinking if there was an apocalypse like in those western movie, we would have been saved.” I answered him.

 

And as he couldn’t grab what am I trying to convey he made his infamous what-the-hell-you-are-talking-about-right-now face and I smile while saying,

 

“Because they will think us as one of them. We look so much like zombies right now, do you even notice that? Kekekekekeke.” I laughed as I finished explains to him what I mean and I saw him smirking.

 

“And that was enough to make you to smile like an idiot? *Sigh* All this while I thought I am the brainless of the group.” He just shakes his head.

 

“Yah dongsaeng, that was mean!!!!!” I slapped his arm.

 

“What dongsaeng? In US we would have been friends you know. We’re not that far apart though. Merong.” He answered me light heartedly, knowing I am not really offended by those words. And he added that stick-out-tongue just to tease me.

 

I spanked his head, loudly as the answer to his tease. And he just grins knowing that he deserved that because he’s been messing with his hyung. I laugh a little at his reaction as I don’t want to disturbed others’ sleep.

 

As I lay down on my bed, I felt vibration of my phone. I unlocked the main screen and see that I have received a message, and it’s from Ailee.

 

Oppa,  mwo he?

 

Nothing much, I’m just resting after my heavy schedule. Oppaneun pappo saram, neon alji? Kekeke?” I decided to a bit.

 

Oppa, can I call you right now?”

 

She asked me and I sense desperation there. So I just told her to call me after 2 minutes. I’ll go to balcony so that our conversation won’t disturb that teethy giant’s sleep. He would be furious if his precious beauty sleep is disturbed. He wouldn’t care even I am a hyung to him he would just, I don’t know. As if I broken all the hells door and leashed out a scary monster. Hihi, and that is something I don’t want to face. Ever! So I slowly climb down our bed stair and tiptoed out of our room, heading toward our house balcony.

 

As I reached there, cold night breeze brushed my pale skin. Ahh, stupid me. I forget to grab my sweater just now. With my lack of cloth I have been impatient waiting for Ailee’s call. Why am I so stupid to forget that I am wearing this tank top. It’s cold outside although it’s spring now. I shivered for a while, and I smiled as I saw my phone light blinked; call-in from Ailee.

 

I touch receive call icon and we talked, about everything. Each and every thing that happened upon her last year. How she made up her mind to get back to Byunghee when he proves that she was making a hell wrong decision. And she ran. She ran far, far away from all of us; to sort her mind, sort her heart, sort her feelings.

 

She also asked me is it right. Is her decision is right. And I as neutral as I am, cant answer to those question easily.

 

Seriously and honestly, I would have said that it is best if she forget about him already and come to me. Run into my embrace dear. I would have make sure to make you happy. I’ll cherish you. I love you till death do us apart.

 

If and only if I can said those words without hesitation. But I know well that rebound don’t last forever. So, I told my heart to be patient, I assure myself that its better late than never. So, I calm myself down and just say,

 

Anything you think is best for you, and for everybody, just know that I am always here. I’ll support your decision no matter what, my little girl.”

 

Oppa, don’t you ever see me as a grown up woman? A lady? Little girl, is that I’ll ever be in your life?

Suddenly she asked me those question. I was taken aback. I don’t really know what she means, I asked myself, did she really realized what she has done just now.

 

Ailee, are you okay? Did you drink?” I asked her back, trying to avoid those questions she asks me.

 

Yeorobun, if she asked me those question in other time setting iwould have gladly answers that she always been that special person in my heart. Not just some little girl an oppa love.

 

However, unfortunately she asked me that while she was still mourning over her dead relationship. And being a rebound is definitely not how we will end up in my imagination.

 

Ani, oppa, I am completely sober right now.” She answer me, not really grasping why am I avoiding her questions.

 

So, maybe you just too tired. Go sleep and rest early. I know you are as busy as me with you album recording and launching preparation. Have sweet dreams, and dream of me okay.” I dismissed her and cut off our conversation, because I can sense she wanted to talk more about that.

 

I tiptoed back into my room. Climb up the stair slowly and shuffle under my blanket. Ah, those breezing wind are killing me. I almost froze out there. One of the reason why I cut our conversation short. I don’t want to be headline tomorrow…

 

Our Beloved 2PM Lead Vocal Tragic Death, Frozen at the Dorm Balcony”.

 

And those accusation on how I was found dead at the balcony and why am I at the balcony at such a late night. Urghh, everything were so suffocating. This is what we, idol, have to pay to live our lives. Celebrities, famous, idols, someone public looked up to.

 

Do I regret to be in this industry? Do I? That everyone, is another topic I should have given a serious thought. Of course I will when I have the free time to myself. Right now? I would rather sleep than burdened my big head with unnecessary worries.

 

It didn’t take a long time for me to fall asleep. The next thing I know, there is Khun beside my bed, shake me like there was an 8.5 earthquake on scala ritcher. I swear I can feel my bed shaken too with his action. I wonder how that silly giant can still be sleeping with this type of movement.

 

Speaking of that giant, would he even wake up if there is a bomb exploded next to him? Well I doubt that, because he will surely be dead meat if that ever happened. Once again I grin foolishly at my not so brilliant thoughts.

 

“Hyung, wake up. Help me wake those sleepyhead dongsaeng. Our breakfast ready and our manager is on the way to pick us up.” He said and ruffles my hair.

 

“Aigoo, Khun-ah. Why don’t you wake them yourselves? I need to wash up.” I said to him, sleepily.

 

“Hyung, you know them well don’t you? Those log won’t be awake without your special method.” He answers me while walking to the kitchen.

 

I climbed down the stairs and smashed Ok Taec’s face with pillow beside his head.

 

“Yah, ireona!!! Palli, palli. Ireona, Yoona is here to meet you.” I yell at him.

 

Like magic, with yoona’s name he woke up, tidy up his hair and with his big round eyes, “Mwoh? Where? Where is she?” he asked with his eyes scanning around the room.

 

“Hahahahahaha. Yah, Pabo-ya. Why would she be here first thing in the morning? I just said that to wake you up. And magically, it works everytime.” I smile at him and leisurely said

 

“Make sure you wake up our dongsaeng. Khun has set our breakfast and Minjae hyung is on the way. Palli if you want to washed up, eat you breakfast and don’t want to be late for our schedule.”

 

With that I entered the bathroom and have my quick bath. Went to the kitchen and smile because my dongsaeng all there. I leisurely have my breakfast but Channie and woodong is in rush because they don’t wash up yet. They wash up after breakfast, I and nunoe doing the dishes and Taec and Khun preparing other thing to be taken to our schedule.

 

Fortunately, we manage to finish up just by the time Minjae hyung arrived or else, we’ll have earful nagging from him. He looks like a tough man, but seriously when he starts to nag? He’s worse than my grandmom.

 

We’re on our way to our next schedule when Byunghee message me saying that he needs me to listen to his song right now because they were going to record for variety show the next day after tomorrow. And he would like to show this song first time in that show. So he kind of need my approval on his song.

 

So, I agreed to it and he mail me his song.

 

I listen to the song, shut my eyes, trying to absorb into the music.

 

Just like my prediction, this guy has talent in composing. He has nice melody and beautiful lyric on top of that. This is completely will become a huge success.

 

I smile widely knowing I had eye in recognizing talents. Maybe I can be like Jin Hyun hyung later. In my dreams. Hahahaa.