My Happy Ending?

Heaven

Ailee’s POV

It’s late at night, but still I can’t fall asleep. Why? Because I’ve been thinking what possible reasons to cause Junnie Oppa behave that way toward me; he seems distance, ever since our late night conversation several months ago.

 

Did he think I am burdening him with my problems? But if he really thinks so, he wouldn’t treat me nicely. He always there with me: in thick and thin. He always been the pillar that supports me in any condition I have to face. So, what exactly happen to him that makes him so distance from me?

 

Well, it might be because of his busy schedule. But he’s busy in the past as well, he never been this distance before though. My heart ache thinking about him. I feel like I’m missing something. I never know when all of this started. But he has become a part of me. I can’t live without him; that is a fact I have known all along. But he being distance make me realize living my life without him is never an option!

 

And right now, how should I tell him this when I can’t reach him?

 

Aughhhh.. I hate this.

 

***********************************************************************************

 

The next few days in Ailee’s agency..

 

“Ailee, you know that Immortal Songs Tv program right?” my manager asked me.

 

“Ne, I know about that program. I have watched it before. It is a fun and exciting program. I really hope I can feature in that program at least one in my lifetime. Only talented singers can be on that program. I wish I’m good enough.”

 

I sigh, thinking I won’t be on that program in this period of time. I just debuted. How can I be on that program when there are so many other talented singers out there.

 

“Yah, silly girl! Listen to me. That program just called us yesterday asking if you interested to be featured on that program.” My manager told me, but he seems like he has more to say so I keep silence waiting for him to finish his sentence.

 

“So, I have checked your schedule and turns out that you are free on the day of Immortal Song’s filming. Thus, you completely can join that program!”

 

“Yeah!!!! I love you manager-nim!” I scream in my ecstatic state as he finished his sentence.

 

I hopped in circles because of the excitation. I become so happy because I have been recognized as a singer.

 

****************************************************************************************

 

On the day of filming...

 

 “Anyeonghae seyo sunbae-nim,” I greeted staff and production crew.

 

I did my make up while waiting others to arrive and start shooting.

 

Suddenly my heart beat faster when I heard familiar voice; husky, sweet, and melodious sound. God, how he manage to do that? He just talks, but it seems like a song to my ear. And most importantly, that was the voice that I really miss.

 

I turn my head and I saw him entering waiting room. His eyes widen for a little while when he saw me, but then he regain his composure and acts normal. He walks towards me and say hi.

 

“When did you get here girl? Why didn’t I know that you also cast in this episode?” he asked me.

 

I just stare at him. Seriously, he asks me that, now? Didn’t he realize he’s the one who avoid me? And he actually has the gut to ask me why he didn’t know that I’ll be here? This guy is seriously trying to kill me with his annoying personality.

 

“Do I really need to answer you? I think you well aware of the reason why.” I rolled my eyes.

 

He just sit down, two chairs across mine. See? What he’s done? And he asks me! Me! Aishh.. I’ll be glad to kill him if I don’t think on how big my love I bear for him. Love? Did I just admit that I, Lee Ye Jin, love this big idiot, Kim MinJun? Yeah, I guess I just did.    

 

Aigoo, pity me. Why would I fall in love with an idiot? I guess I am a bigger pabo for falling in love with these idiots. I just shake my head to discards those stupid thoughts. Well, I practice hard for today performance and I really do hope everything will flow smoothly.

 

Not long after that every singer that has been casted arrived at the set and the filming starts.

 

Byunghee oppa also got casted. Well, to think about it again it not really worse actually. Having to face him make me reconfirms where my heart is right now.

 

The pain that I felt years ago was gone. I don’t feel them anymore. In fact I can hold a decent conversation with him, without any regret over the fact that I have to let him go, the fact that he has inflicted thousands of pains and scars in my heart.

 

Well, I guess it is safe now that what I feel toward MinJun oppa not just rebound.

 

Jakkaman.. jakkamann…

 

Rebound? Is it what he afraid of when I tried to talk to him about us?

 

Yes!!! It must be the case. “Oh yeah!!!” I shouted out loud suddenly, making every person in the set look at me like I am an alien that just landed on Earth.

 

“Oh, mianhaeyo.” I asks for forgiveness with a big grin plastered at my face.

 

Aishh, I am stupid. This is a live programme.

 

“Wae Ailee-ssi? Have you thought something brilliant to be added to your performance later?” one of the MC there asks me.

 

“Hehe, aniya. I just drowned in my own world just now. I am realy, truly sorry.”

 

“Wae, am I that boring Ailee-ssi, that you drowned in your world while I am talking” the MC asks me again and make a little pout. It makes him look cute.

 

While Minjun oppa who sits across me just stares at me with a confused look. He made his what-are-you-thinking-pabo look. I just give him a reassuring smile indicating I am not thinking something stupid, in fact I just get a brilliant answer to my never answered questions since he decide to avoid me.

 

He nodded his head.

 

“Aniya oppa. You’re not boring. It’s my fault. Well, where were we just now?” I tried to divert his attention.

 

“Ah, cham. Just now we were talking about Jun.K upcoming performance. What did you plan MinJun-ssi? Weren’t you just back from your Japan concert?”

 

Ah, thank God they have forgotten about me being weird just now since all of pairs of eyes in the room are directed toward Minjun’s handsome face.

 

And, he flash his incapacitating smile before he answers,

 

“Ne, I just came back yesterday. In fact I think I am in deep trouble since my throat is not in its best condition. I just hope I can complete the performance without any major mistakes”

 

And his humble side is something that makes me always love him. He is a wonderful singer, yet he never acts like he owns the world.

 

“And I seriously think that I need luck this time. Please, everybody pray hard for me.” He finished his sentences, get up from where he sat, and smile before he walks out of the room. Just before he out of the door, he turns to us and..

 

“Pray for me, ne?” He smiles and winks before he continues his way.

 

Everybody in the room just laugh at his behavior. They started to compliment him as he walks to the stage. They also try to predict outcome of our performances today. Would Minjun oppa manage to surpass the score, and so on so forth.

 

I try to immerse in the conversation and my heart starts to swell as I listen to their endless compliments.

 

Keu saram you’re talking about is indeed my oppa. I feel so proud!” I keep thinking to myself and smile.

 

They stop talking when Minjun oppa starts talking on the stage. We’re concentrating on his words when he suddenly starts to sing; Goodbye Formula.

 

Woahh.. Everybody shock at his different approach to start singing, something new and refreshing. Well, he’s an experienced performer. This is expected to come from him, make me proud further with his performance.

 

I stretched my arms out as a reflex to touch him. He’s so cute on stage. The MCs’ teasing me saying I fallen in love again. Well, it’s not just a tease. I really do fall in love with him. It just I don’t have the opportunity to tell him that, yet. But I certain that I will, in this coming time.

 

I close my eyes to immerse in his performance. His more husky voice due to his throat condition in fact made the song much more sad, and it really make us, listeners sad. It is originally a fun summer song, but his voice and the arrangement make the song into something new and should I say original on its own?

 

And at the end of the song, his voice become a little shaky and his eyes start to become teary. Ouch, did he think about his late father again?

 

Well, it not really long after his father passed away. He is so close with his father. I start to worry.

 

Oppa, don’t cry, please.” I pray hard in my heart. Audience may think he’s faking it. But seeing how much he immersed in the song just now, those tears are real.

 

It turns out he fails to beat the singer before him. So he came back to waiting room not long after that.

 

Soon, it was my turn. They show my grandparents on audience seats. I laughs and said that my grandparents are here to watch me performs. So, I really hope I can have at least one win tonight, for the sake of my grandparents. They actually fly here to watch me. I certainly can’t let them down.

 

I get on the stage, introduce myself a little, the song I’m going to sing and not forgetting to introduce my beloved grandparents.

 

****************************************************************************************

 

Recording went smoothly and we bid farewell. I took some time to pick up my things and clean up. I grab his wrist before he manages to leave without saying any words. I looked at him and give him eye signals to not leave yet. Fortunately he gets it well and waits for others to leave.

 

Byunghee oppa stares at us before he leaves. He may sense the tense between us, thus he decided to leave first. I guess he do have something to say to me.

 

But I have a feeling that my business with Minjun oppa cannot be held longer, so I insisted to settle this first.

 

“Oppa, did you afraid that I’d be using you as a rebound?” I ask him, calmly after everyone has left.

 

His eyes widen, maybe shocked at my sudden question.

 

“Ailee-yah, let’s go to more private place to discuss about this.” He said after he regains his composure; well, it looks like it to me.

 

I follow him outside and we go to a nearby coffeehouse. We both love coffee, and it seems it is a nice place to settle things down.

 

“Are you okay oppa? Can we talk about this right now?” I ask, just for confirmation. I don’t want to disturb his schedule.

 

“Ne, fortunately I have nothing to do after this. And I am completely ready to talk about this.”

 

We choose to sit at a secluded table, near the window.

 

“…..”

“…..”

 

“It’s awkward,” he sighed.

 

“No, it’s not. Give me a minute. I need to organize my mind. Jakkamanyo.” I said.

 

He let me calms down and when I definitely confident that I am ready, I start.

 

“Oppa, I don’t know since when I feel like this. But one thing I know for sure is, you have stolen my heart.”

 

He hung his head low. Seeing how he hesitated, I continue.

 

“Honestly, I don’t get it why you avoid me after that night. And I mad at you, a little bit when you abandoned me after you make me like this. You always super kind to me, be there for me, lend me your shoulder so I have something to lean on, but when I am actually leaning on to you, you ran away.  What the hell was I supposed to react to that? But then when I looked back, I saw that look in your eyes and I realize something.”

 

I paused for a while.

 

“And what exactly that you realize Ailee? What? That I am a pathetic oppa? Someone you should’ve not known? You regret knowing me at the first place?”

 

He cuts me off. Seriously, those sentences he utters to me cut me like a blade. Did he think I am that bad? Did he think that I am that person who judges others?

 

I let out my frustration with a deep sigh. I see his trembling hands on the table. I reach out my hands to cover his.

 

“Oppa, let me finish. Will you, listen to me?” I ask him.

 

“Oppa, in case if you’re not realize, you gave me a very, very long time to think and reconsider what I feel right now. Honestly, with this period of time it is safe to say that my feeling toward you is not a rebound, definitely not. At least I can assure you that. I don’t know what future holds for us, but I really want to give this a try.” I said after I saw he nods his head.

 

Maybe he understand, maybe those nods are just symbolic that he’s actually listening to me. My heart beats faster waiting for his reaction. He however, really takes his sweet time to think.

 

And I feel like my heart is broken into tiny, thousand pieces when I heard his answer.

 

“Ailee-yah, you will always be my little girl,”

 

What makes my heart so broken is he sound so determine to let me go, even after my confession. Didn’t he know how much courage do I need to summon in order to confess to him like this? Aishh, I need to give him a good beating after this.

 

“Oppa, wae?” I ask him.

 

 

Minjun’s POV

 

“Oppa, wae?” she asks me.

 

She seems complicated. As if she’s bearing various emotions right now.

 

I can see anger, sadness and confusion in her beautiful, brown eyes.

 

“Wae..wae?” I ask her back, refusing to answer her previous question.

 

“Why are you lying? Don’t forget oppa, I know you as much as you know me.” she said.

 

Ouch, how can I forget? I am open book to her. She just need to read me.

 

I sighed deeply.

 

And I try to reason with her.

 

“Well, since lying is not an option, I might as well tell you the truth.” I said.

 

When I see her keep her silence, I continue,

 

“Byunghee is determined to get you back and makes you the happiest woman on the earth. And judging from your love towards him, I guess you being with him is the best option.”

 

“Oppa, no matter how determined he is, I can’t be happy with him.” She said, confidently.

 

“Why? Why can’t you? He’s your other half. Your happiness is being with him, spend your time getting old together!” I try to convince her.

 

“No oppa. How can I be happy with him when I know my happiness is with you? I don’t love him anymore. After all this while, he hurts me, and as much as I don’t want to admit this I hurt him too.” She said.

 

“I always think I love him but since I can’t put my faith in him totally, I guess that hurts him. As much as he hurts me with his one night stands.”

 

She almost convinces me instead.

 

“How can you be so sure that you don’t love him anymore?” I ask her, hoping this would make her think, then realize that her love for him still strong.

 

“Oppa, you might not know this, but I have settled everything needed to be settled with that guy. I explained to him how I feel toward him and he accepts everything already. I told him that I don’t feel the same anymore. No more hurt, no more pain I felt when I saw him with other person. And, I have thought about the things you said in the waiting room the other day.”

 

I am speechless. She very determined right now. And she sounds completely sure with her feelings whatsoever.

 

“Oppa, you are right. Like every other time, you were right. I don’t have to stoop that low in order for others to see how great I am. And those who see me only after I change are not worth for me. I see that now. I should love those who loves me for who I am.” She paused for a while, taking her breath maybe.

 

“And that person happens to be you. I am sorry I don’t recognize how big your love for me. Being there for me, supporting me, be my friend, be my brother, and sometimes be my punch bag. Well, what more can I ask from you? Nothing. You are the perfect other half for me.”

 

I keep my silence. Thinking, digesting all she said. Well, I have loved her for a long time now, and I still am. I am happy even when her happiness is not me. Why should I let her suffer when we can be happier, together.

 

Maybe my silence has dragged too long when she voices out again, in disappointment.

 

“Oppa, did I read you wrong?” She asks me.

“……”

 

Her teary eyes look right into me. I think I still in dazed condition, I can’t even utter a word.

 

We looked into each other eye, each other soul. Try to look for answers. Try to communicate, telepathically, unfortunately it’s not possible.

 

I think she gives up since all I do is sit there and stare into her beautiful eyes because I see her stands up and turns herself, ready to go. I still dazed, I only look at her going farther away.

 

When I gain my senses, I saw her back walking lifelessly.

 

And I stand up, and shout it out loud; my confession.

 

“Lee YeJin!”

I call her and she froze there. Just rooted there, not even turning back to me. even so, I still continue my confession to her. I don’t want to lose her again.

 

“I am sorry I’m such a pathetic, coward person not able to protect you from being hurt before. I am sorry I have to coat my love for you as a brotherly love, that’s why you can’t see me before. And I am sorry over the fact I dare to love the perfect you while I am only an imperfect person”

 

She turns after I finished my last word. She turns facing me and smile. God, her smile is blinding.

 

We ran toward each other and seal a tight hug. As if our life’s depending on it.

 

We release each other from the hug when it feels like eternity and I smiles to her.

 

She carves her lips into a magnificent curve, the most beautiful smile ever to me. Without hesitation, I cup her face and give her a long, passionate kiss. And she kissed me back, passionately.

 

Our first kiss was so, so sweet I feel like I don’t want anything else other than her lips. However, as a human being we still need oxygen so we both panting after our long kiss.

 

I love her and I glad she loves me back.

 

And at that time I vow with my honest heart, I will do anything that I am capable of to make sure she will be happy.

 

I grab her wrist and drag her to the parking lot of KBS building where my car park at.

 

“Oppa, where are we going?” She asks me.

 

“Well, I think this happy news needs to be shared.” I grin, driving away going to our dorm. Yes, 2PM dorm.

 

When I arrive at our dorm with Ailee behind me I saw those idiots in living room. Watching movie with popcorn in Taec’s hand. They look so happy munching calories away.

 

“Don’t forget our diet. Our comeback promotion not finished yet.” I nag at them.

 

They mumble saying I don’t know. I can’t hear them properly if they mumble like that. Not my fault, but I don’t see Khun, which is weird. Usually he’s the one who will drag everybody into living room and have some time bonding.

 

They greet Ailee and invite her to watch movie together. Since she has no schedule tomorrow, she’s agreed.

 

“Where’s Khun?” I ask them, not wanting to announce this shocking news without him.

 

“Well, you know he’s been acting weird since after our concert in Malaysia. Right now he’s in his room doing God knows what.” Woodong answer my question.

 

So I walk toward his room to drag him out.

 

I knock his door three times.

 

“Khun, it’s me. I got something important to talk to you guys. Come out, please.”

 

I wait a while, but he’s not responding to me.

 

So I turn his doorknob and enter his room. He’s not doing anything but stares at his laptop screen. If there was laser shooting from his eyes, his laptop would have burned.

 

“Yah, what are you doing? Why are not answering me?” I ask, squeeze his shoulder a little bit. I also peek at his screen. He’s google-ing someone. I don’t really know who it was. Never heard of her before.

 

He shocked a little and turns his head, looks at me.

 

“What are you saying?” he asks me back.

 

“Nothing. I said, I have something important to tell you guys. Come at the living room.”

 

“Ne, kem bang kkal ke.” He said.

 

“What’s been bothering you Khunnie? You know I am here for you. Anytime, anywhere right?” I said to him, standing up.

 

“Ne, ara. I will come to you when I am ready. Right now, let me settle this with the way I know how first.” He answers me. So, I go back to living room and wait for Khun there.

 

“Have they been bad to you, Ailee-yah?” I ask her as soon as my landed on the sofa.

 

“Yah, hyung. What do you take us as?” Junho yells at me, offended maybe.

 

I just laugh when I heard Khun’s voice.

 

“Well, you’re not the most decent person Junho-yah. It is natural Minjun will think like that.”

 

Everybody laugh at his witty comment. How come this person with such angelic face has such sharp tongue? I wonder myself. I am not the one to complain since he’s taking my side.  

 

“Since everyone is here, I want to announce something.” I said, pausing a little and smile, brightly.

 

I grab Ailee’s hand, and she blushed.

 

“We’re official now” I said, showing off our locked hands.

 

Everybody in the room cheers for us and congratulates us.

 

“Will this become public?” Khun asks me.

 

“You’re not the only one who can go public with his love Khunnie.” Taec teases Khun.

 

I smile before stating,

 

“Of course I will. I don’t want to lose her again”

 

“Wait hyung. What do you mean lose her again?” Chansung asks me, confused.

 

I smile at him. I think he got what I meant cause he just laugh and clap his hands.

 

“Ara, jikeumeun nan ara!” he said, excitedly.

 

“Mwoh? Mwoh? Mwoh? Why didn’t I know anything?” Junho asks, once again he become furious.

 

Aish this guy really needs to learn to manage his anger.

 

With that everyone attacks Chansung asking what he knows. Since Taec, my roommate also knows nothing, everybody curious what is it.

 

Khun and I laugh. Ailee also confuse so she raised her eyebrow to me. I mouthed I’ll-explain-later to her. She smiles, and nods her head.

 

I give her a peck and all of us, continue watch the movie.

 

 

 

***THE END***

 

 

 

 

*Author's note*

 

i want to insert picture here, but i can't find one where Ailee and Jun.K in it together, so i thought no picture

i am sorry :-)

thank you for reading this story..

and toward the end i kind of leave you all a puzzle..

what happen to khun?

if you want to know what happen to khun, please visit my other story, Two Opposite Pole:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/719054/two-opposite-poles-2pm-hameunjung-nichkhun