CHAPTER SEVEN

Realigning The Lost Stars.
Friend Turned Foe.
 
30 DEC 2010
 
JIYONG'S POV.
 
Do you ever experience such feelings before? The kind where you simply cannot sit still; your entire being humming and buzzing with an odd mix of anticipation, excitement and dread. The sensation of millions of tiny colourful butterflies flying about in your queasy stomach and you can't decide if you're actually looking forward to something or just worried for what's about to come.

 

"Hyungggg, would you stop pacing about for God's sake?! You're making me dizzy just by looking at you." complained Daesung who was sitting on the couch in the waiting room that was specifically reserved for Big Bang.

 


"Daesung's right Jiyong-ah, stop walking to and fro would ya. Relax~" second Taeyang.

 


Oh right, I was so engrossed in being in my own little world that I forgot that I had company, or where I was at the moment for the matter. Where am I you asked? Well, riding the Hallyu wave, SNSD and Big Bang were cordially invited to perform at a prestigious awards ceremony here in Japan...

 


"Hehehe hyung, you're restless because you can't wait to meet that particular someone right~ Kekeke, but it's no use pacing about like that, they aren't arriving anytime soon. I overheard some of the staff members just now, Soshi's flight was delayed by some storm in Korea... So you can just sit patiently here while waiting for her~" quipped Seungri, patting the empty spot on the couch with a teasing grin.

 


Upon listening to the maknae's words, Daesung and Taeyang couldn't help but to snicker, adding comments along the line of "Lovesick puppy." and "He's so whipped."

 


I frowned at the antics of my group members, giving the door of the waiting room one last glance before plopping down onto the couch with a loud "Aishhh."

 


My members were fully aware of so-called 'interest' in the girl whom is dubbed as the ideal girl of most of the current male idols. Since that night on the balcony, I started paying more attention to the said idol, either watching video cuts of her in variety shows or constantly surfing the net to read up articles of her, be it old news or the recent ones. Needless to say, my new found interest did not go unnoticed by my fellow members and after an interrogation session, I confessed to speaking to her that night, omitting the things that she did not want to make known. Instead, I told them of how nice of a person she really is; full of wit and humor, contrary to the rumors of her being merely a pretty face. As much as I hate to admit, I was indeed excited at the prospect of meeting her again. Would we still be able to be as comfortable as we were then despite a change in environment? However, this was not the sole reason for being a ball of nerves at the moment...


JIYONG'S FLASHBACK.

A few weeks back, I attended a birthday celebration of one of my close accquaintence at a bowling alley in Gangnam and in my excited state, I failed to control my drinking pace. Before I knew it, I was behaving like a drunkard that I am, singing loudly while dancing to a random tune. My peers who were used to my drunken antics, left me to my own devices as they enjoyed their bowling game. I was in the middle of my random dance when the buzz created by a group of star-struck adolescents caught my attention. Intrigued, I haphazardly made my way over, curious to see what the hype was about. Squinting, I tried to focus my sight in the dark, and there she was... laughing, drinking leisurely with Tiffany, Sooyoung and Hyoyeon. The dim lighting and neon signs casted an odd glow onto her skin, making her exceptionally captivating and alluring. Gosh, is it me or has she gotten prettier?

The alcohol coursed through my veins and I was at the complete mercy of the amount of liquor I consumed. Unable to form rationale judgments, my drunken self started to approach them, catching the look of surprise on their faces as I materialized out of nowhere with a tipsy smile. Although it was awkward, they tried to be as hospitable as possible, making small talks with me... that is, until I started gulping down their drinks and dancing randomly in front of them. The shocked look etched on their faces were priceless. Thanking my lucky stars, one of my friends finally realized that I was missing and found me dancing embarrassingly in front of the renowed idol group. Apologizing for my rude behaviour, he was able to drag me away before I could embarrass myself further.

 

I groaned loudly as I face palmed myself, "God, that was so humiliating, I don't even know how am I going to face her later on."

 


My action brought about another round of snickering from my group members, with me shooting a glare in response, "Ha-Ha. Very mature guys."

 


"Well, I can understand why you're so anxious over this, hyung. She IS a goddess afterall, so beautiful inside out.." commented Daesung dreamily as he reminisce the times he spent with Yoona during his Family Outing days.

 


"I don't understand why you guys are fretting so much over what that girl thinks of us, she's no one important. And I beg to differ Daesung-ah, I don't think she's pretty inside nor out." a deep baritone voice interrupted us.

 


"Oh God... here we go again." chorused Daesung, Taeyang and Seungri while palming their faces.

 


Catching the warning look I gave him, the eldest member simply shrugged his shoulder before saying, "What, I'm just saying what I think."

 


I sighed, "Hyung, we are not debating over this again."

 

 

"Damn right we're not, she's not even worth it."

 


"Top hyung! That was just mean! Yoona is really nice, you said it yourself a couple of years ago. Heck, she used to be your favourite idol then!" chided Daesung who was deeply offended by the Top's behaviour towards the innocent Yoona.

 


"That was before I realized who she truly was." sneered Top. "An ugly witch donning the mask of a supposed angel. Tsch. You guys should really open your eyes bigger to see her for who she really is."

 


"Yah hyung! That was totally uncalled for! You need to get over your prejudice of her." cried out Seungri. Although Seungri and Yoona were not on close terms, based on his past interactions with the said idol, he felt a need to defend her as he knew that even though Yoona may not be the most talented singer or dancer, the girl was indeed a beauty inside out. His Top hyung had said it to him personally before, which is why he could not fathom the rapper's current behaviour towards the girl. Moreover, this is the girl whom his beloved leader admires, which only fuels the his determination to defend Yoona against his hyung's words.

 

I massaged my temples as I felt an upcoming headache, sighing as I watch my members bicker over Yoona. It was true that Top was once a fan of Yoona. In terms of visual, the doe-eyed beauty had what it takes to capture the rapper's attention, coupled with the good words that his good friend JaeJoong used to speak of Yoona, Top was an avid fan of Yoona... until Yoona chose to cut off all ties with JaeJoong and Yoochun after the split. Witnessing first hand the despair both JaeJoong and Yoochun were subjected to, it came to a blow to the duo that they lost a friend whom they were entirely sure that would stand by their side while Top saw her actions as an act of betrayal; deserting the people whom loved her dearly at the first sign of trouble.

 

Even though SM Entertainment did not disclose of her close relationship to DBSK to the public, off camera; the SM family and close friends knew how fond the DongBangShinKi members were of Yoona. Like the little sister some of them never had, Yoona was doted upon by all five of them, with both Junsu and Changmin acknowledging that she's one of their girl best friend. In fact, their protectiveness and endearment towards the girl could be rivaled against their label mate Super Junior whom was openly known to be extremely close and protective over Yoona, which is why Yoona was often dubbed as the princess of SM for she has two of the world's most famous male korean idol group in the palm of her hands.

 

Breaking out of my musings, I looked up only to see that they were still bickering with Taeyang trying his best to put an end to the argument.

 


"ENOUGH." I bellowed, authority evident in my voice.

 


"This is getting us nowhere, us bickering like little kids. We have different opinions regarding the matter and both parties should learn to respect that. Although, one should choose his words with more discretion."

 


Glancing towards Top, I continued, "Yes hyung, I'm talking about you. You don't like Yoona, we get that, but please keep the cursing and name-calling to yourself, it's really NOT necessary. Now that we're all clear, I don't want us to argue over this matter again in the future, do you understand me."

 

Faint murmurs of yes were heard and I gave a satifactory nod. The tension earlier gradually dissipated and we were once again back to our jovial selves; cracking silly jokes as we get ready for our hair and make up. All of us, apart from Top, stilled and held our breaths in anticipation when we heard the soft knockings on the door, only to exhale and sigh dreamily as the door opened to reveal nine gorgeous ladies.

 

I did not miss out in the changes of their facial expressions as they strolled into the room to give us their greetings; some were looks of judgment, others were simply looks of amusement. "They know." I sighed inwardly as I acknowledged the fact that my embarrassing dancing saga had been gossiped in the group.

 


Mustering my courage, I walked over to the one whom I've been anxiously waiting for, "Yoona-ssi, may I have a word with you please." Exchanging knowing looks, the other girls left to where the Big Bang members were to give us privacy, with some giggling as they left.

 


"Yoona-ssi, I... er I..." Great, now I'm stuttering. Real suave Jiyong.

 


The doe-eyed beauty bit back a chuckle, amusement swirling within her brown orbs, "Jiyong-ssi, if you're going to say what I think you're going to say, it's alright. You were drunk, the girls and I understand."

 


"Ani!! I mean... yes, I was drunk that day but I'm really not that kind of person. I was just too excited and I lost control.. I swear I had no idea what I was doing and, and..." I struggled with my explaination, visibly flustered by Yoona's response.

 


My face felt warm and I was pretty sure my face was in a bright shade of red when a chuckling Yoona simply stated, "It's really alright Jiyong-ssi. Don't worry about it, we're humans, we're bound to do stupid things all the thing. I'm not judging you. Come on now, we should join the rest and mingle with the crowd."

 


With a friendly pat on my shoulder, she strolled over to where Daesung, Taeyang, Sooyoung and Yuri were, while I trailed after her, giving a light pat on my cheeks in hopes of cooling the warmth I felt on my face.

 


"Omo Yoona, I saw you on the recent spread of the Korean Elle magazine, you looked absolutely stunning! Like a real goddess!" commented Daesung excitedly.

 


Yoona shook her head modestly, "Ani, it was makeup and lighting really."

 


"Yah Yoong-ah, just accept the compliment! You looked really good for that one." exclaimed Yuri while giving Yoona a playful nudge.

 


"Meh, the photos weren't that pretty. Who knows, maybe they had to be heavily photoshopped before the editor actually allowed them to be published." A deep voice spoke softly, but given the close proximity, the six of us managed to hear the words loud and clear.

 


"Ha.. Hah.. Haha. Funny joke hyung. Aigooo, you're so funny." said Daesung who was trying to salvage the atmosphere that was rapidly turning awkward.

 


"You girls looked really cool in the Jap version of Genie!" remarked Taeyang desperately, trying in vain to change the subject.

 


"Tsch, the Jap version was okay, but it'll be better if a certain someone wasn't standing in the middle hogging all the attention just because she thinks she's the face of the group."

 

Unfortunately, this time round, Top was loud enough for the whole room to hear him and a frosty silence fell upon the whole room. I groaned inwardly, "What have you gotten us into, hyung."

 


"Excuse me, I'm not too sure if I heard you correctly Top-ssi. Would you mind repeating?" requested the leader of SNSD, a dangerous undercurrent in the tone of her angel-like voice.

 


Giving a careless shrug, the rapper answered, "You heard what I said. I've nothing against the rest of you actually, I just think it'll be better if someone more deserving was to stand in the middle of the formation."

 


The rest of Big Bang and I face palmed ourselves upon Top's words whereas some of SNSD's jaws fell open. Oh God, we're so gonna get killed thanks to Top hyung.

 


The temperature in the room dipped dangerously as the girls shot ice cold glares to the unseemingly unaffected handsome man. I stole a subtle glance towards Yoona who wore a poker face, betraying nothing of the emotions that she felt within.

 


With a meek smile, Yoona spoke in a surprisingly confident voice, "You're right Top-ssi, sometimes I too can't help but to agree that it might be better if someone took the position of the center--"

 


"Tsch, don't act so noble. You can't possibly think that, you don't have such kindness within you."

 


Yoona flinched slightly from Top's harsh reply while the Big Bang and I cried out Top's name, appalled that Top would say such cruel words to someone who did nothing to deserve such treatment.

 


"WHY YOU STUPID SON OF A.."

"YAH!!"

"HOW DARE YOU!"

"YOU LITTLE PIECE OF SH*T"


Hyoyeon, Jessica, Sooyoung and Tiffany rose from where they were seated respectively, their fists balled tightly by their side. Even though the rest of Yoona's unnie were sitting down, they were all shooting laser glares at the man who was unreasonably picking on their sister, their eyes flashing anger and disgust, even the ever courteous maknae of SNSD looked like she was one hair breadth away from launching a vicious verbal assult onto the said man. If looks could kill, Top would have died a million times over in the most painful way possible.

 

Just when I thought the situation couldn't get any worse, my dearest Top hyung just had the nerve to say, "What, I'm just saying." with a I-honestly-couldn't-care-less-attitude.

 


For the briefest moment, I could swear I literally heard growling sounds emitted from the livid girls. Taeyeon's eyes flashed dangerous anger, the protective leader b*tch mode instinct kicking in full swing, "Choi Seunghyun-ssi, you DO actually realize what a rude and insolent prude you are being right." The coldness and false calmness in her voice so chilling that I actually felt a shiver down my spine while the four standing ladies looked as though they were ready to pounce onto Top if the latter so much as hurl another insult to Yoona or anyone of them for the matter.

 


Sincerly fearing for Top's life, Seungri bolted over to Top's side and clamed Top's mouth shut with both his hands, "Keep your stupid mouth shut hyung!" hissed Seungri as Daesung and Taeyang dart their eyes nervously between Top and Taeyeon.

 


Taeyeon seemed about to go ballistic on Top when Yoona stood up abruptly and made her way to her leader, our eyes flickering to her naturally. She shook her head sadly as she placed a soothing hand onto Taeyeon's arm, "We should get going unnie, we've caused enough trouble here." her whisper held so much hurt in them, but yet we could clearly hear the unspoken plea to not hurt Top. Taeyeon's gaze soften considerably as she registered her dongseang's action, "Is this what you really want Yoona-ah." Her voice so gentle as she Yoona's hands affectionately, as though she was afraid that Yoona would break and fall apart any minute now.

 


With a soft yes from Yoona, Taeyeon conceeded. "Alright. Let's go girls since it's obvious that we're not welcome here." The look on her face effectively hushed any forms of objection from the remaining girls and with one last pointed look at Top, Taeyeon left with Yoona as the rest of the girls immediately trailed behind them, forming some sort of human shield around Yoona, shooting glares towards Top on the way out of the room.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 
YOONA'S POV.
 
 
It hurts. I've always knew such things would happen eventually but why does it still hurt so bad?

 


"Yoona-ssi! Wait!" I was halfway to Soshi's allocated waiting room when I heard running footsteps following us.

 


The girls turned hostile as they registered the owner of the voice; unforgiving to anyone that had anything to do with Top.

 


"Let me speak to him alone, please." The eight of them were clearly unwilling to leave me alone after what had just happened, but something on my face or in the tone of my voice must have persuaded them to leave, albeit quite relucantly.

 


"We won't be far." said Taeyeon, squeezing my arms reassuringly while shooting a warning look to Jiyong before she left.

 


"I... I'm so sorry." He whispered, his head hung low in guilt for being unable to stop Top earlier.

 


"I... I won't say that I'm alright now, but I don't blame him. He's just sticking up for his friend, and this isn't your fault Jiyong-ssi, don't beat yourself up over it."

 

Giving him a watery reassuringly smile, I walked away from the famous Big Bang leader towards where the rest of the girls are.
 
 
 
I don't blame any of them, I truly don't.. but that doesn't mean I can't feel hurt from their words, because... it hurts. It really does.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Annyeonghaseyo Yoroboon!
 
The wifi at my place is a lil crazy recently so.. yeah. One reason for my slow updates. Mianhe.
 
An relatively angsty & upsetting chapter just bcoz I'm someone who likes to dump all the depressing matters before I write the happier stuff. The kind of style where you've to go through
storms of all kinds before you'll see the sun or rainbows.
I didn't mean for a depressing chapter, but maybe it has something to do with my mood as well. *shrug*
 
Shoutouts! Thanks to: JungHana, Yoonsk, Season, allamy, rafandra & Mamakins7606 for subscribing! :)
And thanks yo0nathelovez too for commenting :)
 
The last issue; idk how many of you heard of Leeteuk's situation & I can't imagine losing three loved ones in a day, much less in such a manner. And I honestly hope that he's really given the privacy to grieve in peace. #StaystrongLeeteuk
 
See you guys soon,
 
xoxo, againhello.