CHAPTER SIX

Realigning The Lost Stars.
Transition.
 
 
26 DEC 2010
 
NO ONE'S POV.
 
 
A month and a half has passed since the fateful night of Changmin's suicide episode and things seemed to be improving in the SM family. After sending Changmin back to the dorm that night and being positively sure that the said idol no longer harbored any ounce of suicidal thoughts, the remaining members of Kyu line patroned a nearby 24/7 café for the privacy to discuss certain matters before heading back to their own respective dorms to get their much needed rest after the emotional roller coaster ride that was brought upon them. The gang of them decided that it would be for the best that they kept Changmin's suicide attempt to themselves for they knew that the tall lanky maknae of DongBangShinKi would be subjected to a greater amount of unnecessary stress by both co-workers and peers if the said incident was leaked out into the company. Furthermore, they had also decided to spend more time and effort to prove the tall lanky idol that they meant fully about him never going to feel alone ever again and that they would be there by his side in an instant should the need arises, hoping to fill up as much as possible the void that was left behind by the departure of his former band mates.
 
 
However, now that they knew of Yunho's reckless drinking sessions, it was an unanimous decision that something needs to be done to fix the issue before the situation could worsen dangerously. Hence, it was decided that Kyuhyun was to seek the help of the leader of Super Junior for this pressing matter. Even though both Yunho and Leeteuk are leaders of their own respective groups, it was an open secret that the Super Junior leader was considered to be the leader of all leaders in SM Entertainment. Leeteuk, being one of the few trainees that had stuck around the longest in SM, was considered to be a big brother figure to most of the trainees then due to his wise advice and great personality. In addition, Leeteuk shares a deep friendship between several idols from the said company, with Yunho being one of them. Omitting the details, Kyuhyun briefly told Leeteuk about Yunho's self-destructive drinking habits, saying that Changmin had came to him one night to talk about the worrying behavior of the DBSK leader. As an additional insurance measure, the gang also decided to ask Yoona to contact Boa; another beloved friend whom Yunho values dearly, to talk some sense into Yunho, hoping to ease the heavy burden that was weighing on Yunho's shoulder. Their plan seemed to have worked as Changmin told the group that after a few 'one-to-one counseling' sessions with Leeteuk, coupled with a harsh scolding rant from Boa whom called Yunho despite being all the way in the United States, Yunho seemed to have sobered up and cleaned up his act, with the said idol drinking less and appearing to be genuinely happier these days.
 
 
 
 
"I don't know what you monkeys are up to these days but whatever you're doing, it's working, they're a lot happier these days." said Heechul during a company dinner at a barbeque restaurant, nudging Yoona while pointing towards the direction where Yunho was eating merrily with the SuJu boys and some of his backup dancers whereas Changmin was goofing around with Kyuhyun, Taemin and Minho a few tables away.
 
 
 
 
"Of course Heechul oppa would have realized what we were up to, he has keenest eyes ever." mused Yoona, chuckling inwardly for ever entertaining the thought that their little act would go unnoticed by Heechul.
 
 
 
 
"Hehe... so you found out huh oppa? Though... mianhe oppa, I can't divulge anything should you want to know." Yoona stated with a sheepish grin.
 
 
 
 
Waving a hand to dismiss Yoona's concern, Heechul replied, "Nah, it's alright. I don't really want to know anyways, I'm just glad to see them smile so genuinely. I mean, the sadness still lingers in their eyes, but at the very least they are sporting a true smile and laughter these days... Especially considering what went on in the twitter world earlier this month and that we all know what day today is. I can't believe I'm going to say this but, the CEO did something good; having the company dinner on this day so that at least the jokers there can distract the duo from their depressing thoughts today. So, whatever that you monkeys did, good job kiddo."
 
 
 
 
Smiling to acknowledge Heechul's words, Yoona let out a wistful sigh and fixated her gaze on the two members of the Rising Gods Of The East as a comfortable silence enveloped the two.
 
 
 
 
But Heechul, being a natural chatterbox, couldn't stay quiet for too long, "I mean, the whole controversy over the whole Junsu thing is actually affecting them less than I thought it will."
 
 
 
 
"Is that a good thing or bad thing?" Yoona questioned dreadfully.
 
 
 
 
"I don't know, I honestly don't. But the one thing I do know is that this made the whole issue a lot messier... Plus, even though Yunho doesn't have twitter himself and is appearing to be okay right now, I know that he knows about what Junsu had said and knowing Yunho's personality, Junsu's words have got to hurt him a lot more than what he lets on. I'm just worried that he'll crack at this rate, especially when their official comeback is due next month. The reporters are going to flock to them both and I'm guessing that the CEO will make them say some really unpleasant stuff for damage control, in short, the whole thing is about to get even sh*ttier and messier than what is already is." answered Heechul bluntly.
 
 
 
 
"It's going to make them drift further apart until it's going to be next to impossible for them to find their way back to each other anymore." Yoona whispered softly, voicing out the underlying unspoken thoughts of the diva.
 
 
 
 
In response to Yoona's words, Heechul merely kept his silence, his arms crossed as he silently watch over Yunho and Changmin while speaking inwardly in his head,  "This is exactly what it means by the calm before the storm... another huge storm is heading your way Yunho-ah, Changmin-ah... can you make it out of this one as well? Everyone here has lost so much, some more than the others... will all of us be able to survive together to enjoy the happier days in the future? Except for HoMin, the timestamp of the threat the CEO gave us is about to be over... out of which, who will be able to regain their lost friendships? Or will most of us be forced to move on since the time for repent and forgiveness is long gone? Whatever the case is, I truly hope... I truly hope that everyone who has suffered will once again be able to attain happiness; the happiness that all of us deserves."
 
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
 
YOOCHUN'S POV.
 
"How did things come to this?" questioning myself in self-loathing as I sat in the corner of a dark isolated room in JaeJoong's apartment, clutching onto a framed photograph of five smiling boys.
 
 
 
26th December; Technically, it was a day of celebration, to celebrate the fact that we've successfully debuted for seven years. And celebrate the three of us did... But why does it feel so empty? 
 
 
 
The three of us have our own apartment now, but we still find ourselves often sleeping over at JaeJoong's place together... Was it because old habits die hard? Or was this a subconscious act of us sticking by each other to fill up the lonely void that we try so hard to ignore? Or is this an instinctive act of reassurance; ensuring that neither of us are going to leave for none of us could survive another separation of any kind? The answer to which, I honestly do not know.
 
 
 
 
"All I ever wanted was for all of us to leave for the sake of a better future, to soar higher, to have a greater say in our own career... We were supposed to stay as five, things weren't supposed to be like this... We're supposed to be brothers, not enemies out of each other's throat. We promised that we'll always be on the same side, us against the world... So how on earth did we allow ourselves to be divided by a line; three on a side and two on the other. They should have come with us.. why didn't they? We were waiting and waiting for them... Or maybe it was really my fault? If I hadn't suggest leaving in the first place, or maybe we should have swallowed our pride and tried to stay despite the dire circumstances instead---"
 
 
 
A loud ruckus of glass hitting the wall and the muffled cry of a familiar voice interrupted my musing. The occurrence of such an event happening was so frequent that I was no longer fazed by it. 
 
 
 
 
"Must be JaeJoong hyung again... I was expecting it to happen anyways. Our first official incomplete anniversary... I'm actually surprised that he held on till this long tonight."
 
 
 
 
Following the sound of the outburst, I heard the hurried footsteps of someone rushing towards JaeJoong's room, "Guess the noise woke Junsu up." I commented softly.
 
 
 
 
Muffled voices of two bickering individuals, the words blissfully blocked out by the closed door of the room that I'm currently in. The shouts grew progressively louder as the argument became more heated, but yet I still find myself glued to the very same spot, not moving to help diffuse or mitigate the ongoing fight between my two remaining brothers.
 
 
 
 
And finally, the argument reached its boiling peak where I could clearly hear Junsu's shout, "HYUNG WAKE UP! THEY'RE NEVER FOLLOWING US NO MATTER HOW WE WAIT FOR THEM! DBSK IS GONE! THE FIVE OF US ARE OVER! THERE'S NO TURNING BACK! THEY NO LONGER CONSIDER US BROTHERS AND THEY HATE US SO MUCH RIGHT NOW! WE MEAN NOTHING TO THEM ANYMORE, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, YOU NEED TO ACCEPT THIS FACT!!  THE DAYS OF US STANDING AS FIVE ARE DONE. THE LOT OF US ARE NEVER EVER GETTING BACK WITH ONE ANOTHER!! MOVE THE FREAKING HELL ON!!!" followed distinctively by the sound of the door being harshly slammed shut.
 
 
 
 
Silence. The kind of silence were everything is so still, where you could almost hear the sound of a pin dropping onto the floor.
 
 
 
 
The illusion of the false serenity faded as almost soon as it was created as the unmistakable loud wail; a cry akin of someone undergoing tremendous torture, resonated from JaeJoong's room before another gut-wrenching sobbing noise of another soul joined in.
 
 
 
 
Unknowingly, tears started to fall from my eyes, mirroring the duo's pain, frustration and sorrow. How could I not know of their pain when I could relate so strongly...
 
 
JaeJoong's uncanny ability of relating to someone, his ongoing pain not only deriving from his own guilt but also at the thought of what all of us, including Yunho and Changmin are going through; the sorrow of five in one body.
 
 
Junsu... such a strong yet sensitive soul. How much hurt must he be in... to cry and choke on his own emotions while singing W at that thanksgiving concert in Osaka, the very first concert without the other two missing brothers. How much frustrations must he have kept within himself for him to resort to using his twitter account to make himself heard despite knowing the possible consequence that it would bring...
 
 
In fact, I wouldn't be surprised should I see Junsu sitting right outside JaeJoong's door right now despite their huge fight because loving someone means caring for them even if you're mad at them; the latter's own way of saying that he's still there for his hyung.
 
 
 
Meow.
 
 
My attention diverted to the slight pressure of soft fur rubbing itself against my feet. JaeJoong's cat, Jiji, must have been spooked by the loud noise earlier for usually anti-human cat decided to enter the room via the cat hole JaeJoong built, seeking refuge and solace with possibly the calmest being currently in the apartment.
 
 
 
I was absentmindedly Jiji's fur, drowning in my own guilt and thoughts before I felt something snap inside of me; like a rubber band that snapped when it's been stretched too much.
 
 
 
 
"It isn't my fault." I whispered forcefully as the glint in my eyes harden, my pain and sorrow giving way to anger and rage.
 
 
 
 
"It isn't entirely my fault, I might have suggested to leave but they were supposed to leave with us. We did our part by waiting for them but they chose not to follow, so why the heck should we be the only ones feeling the pain and shouldering the blame? We did what we had to do and we paid our price for it, isn't it enough?"
 
 
 
 
I rose from my sitting position, fueled by the newly acquired emotions, the photo frame smashing into bits as it landed on the ground after incidentally letting go of it. Jiji, who sensed the change in my vibe; the usual warm friendliness taken over by a cold aura of hostility, fled the room. Stepping over the broken glass, I made my way to the window, "I'm not blaming myself anymore, I'm not going to let myself drown myself in guilt any longer. I'm done." I proclaimed to the crescent moon.
 
 
 
December 26th; not only does it represent DBSK's anniversary but it also marks the day where the old Mickey Yoochun is gone for good.
 
 
 
 
"Say goodbye to the weak and frail Mickey Yoochun and hello to stronger and brighter Park Yoochun." I voiced out, strength and determination laced in my voice.
 
 
 
 
Like a phoenix who has to be reduced to ashes before it can rise majestically once more; Rebirth. A second chance...
 
 
 
 
"TVXQ's second act? Tsch. I'll show you... I'll show them what they had lost. I'll make them regret what they have lost. I'll prove everyone wrong, JYJ will survive. We'll spread our wings and fly higher, we'll shine so bright that it'll hurt your eyes. We'll be happy once more so that the countless tears we shed will be worth it."
 
 
 
 
Like a lotus flower that has to be grown in the worst muddy conditions before it could rise and bloom beautifully; Awakening, Enlightenment and Resilience..
 
 
 
 
"We won't stop, we'll keep fighting till we get what we deserved. We won't stop till we've overcome all the obstacles and reached the peak of the highest peak. We won't stop until everyone understands the meaning and story behind these three simple alphabets; J. Y. J."
 
 
 
 
With the determination similar to a revenge driven ghost that died a wrongful death, I swore under the pale moonlight, "Get ready, a new era is about to begin, I... we, JYJ, we're coming for you."
 
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
Annyeonghaseyo Yoroboon!
 
 
KYAAAAH. Just look at him! He looks like an adorable chipmunk. kekeke <3
 
Anyways, this was meant to be just a transition/filter chap before I carry on with the story,
the whole JYJ appearance wasn't planned at all. I mean my original plan was only to introduce them later, but heyyyyy, the yoochun thing just struck me out of the blue. I'm guessing it's bcoz a couple of you
asked for a jyj & Yoona interaction (but that will happen in a few chapters' time so why not settle for the alternative option; letting jyj appear themselves.
That & I have a huge abundance of YC feels recently, heh. Oops. ^_^")
Plus, since the chap was meant to be a transition chap, might as well literally talk abt
transition of the characters before carrying on with the story. *shrug*
 
Right, a couple of you have been asking me regarding CN Blue's Jonghyun in Kyu Line issue. So I thought I might as well address it here for any silent readers that were pondering over the same issue. Ok, I know that CN Blue's Jonghyun IS in Kyu line, but as I was briefly checking on the
history of Kyu Line, it seems like he didn't join till sometime in mid 2011, & since the chap is 
in Nov 2010, I decided that I shouldn't write him in since I wanted the story to be somewhat as realistic as possible. Fret not though, I'll definitely write him in Kyu Line if I decide to have anymore Kyu Line moments in the future chaps :)
 
Next, shoutouts! Thank you taengblang, MyDanbo, Semibiased, samyeol, Kllada, vanet9, 
dragondeer, tabiyoon, culsdesac07, FannPQB for subscribing to the story! :) And, thanks to thechilledstudio, yoonda, snsdyoonaislove, 1380MC, chillyautumn & samyeol for the lovely comments! ^^
Hehe, I was so happy to recieve this many comments this time round!
 
OMO OMO OMO. ANOTHER UPVOTE?! KUMAWO YOONDA!! /Bows/
I don't know how to express my gratitude.. jincha~ I never thought that people would actually upvote my story. *Sniffles*
 
So, that's it for the DBSK members' drama for now. Moving on to the other aspects of the story... 
Time to bring GD back into the story don't you think? ^^
 
xoxo, againhello.