CHAPTER ELEVEN

Realigning The Lost Stars.
Guilty Confessions.
 
 
JUNE 2011
 
JAEJOONG'S POV.
 
 
I was a man on a mission… a dangerous mission to be exact. You see, ever since that fateful April night, things have been splendid between Yoona and I. Despite the fact that we were unable to meet up in reality for numerous reasons, we’ve been texting each other a near daily basis, keeping a steady flow of communication to make up for lost time. It wasn’t an easy task in keeping our rekindled friendship under wraps though, already there were a couple of occasions where Yoona was very nearly caught by several snooping SM staff whom were eager to deliver any form of juicy information to the CEO in hopes of earning a reward out of it. Nonetheless, apart from the occasional dangers of being found out, things have been going considerably well, terrific even… However as great as it sounds, I have a problem; Yoochun and Junsu don’t know anything about it.

 
 

Sure, the two were seemingly aware of the vast improvement in my mood over the past two months and had questioned me about it, in which I brushed them off saying that I’ve befriended a new friend. The duo were not fully convinced but knew not push me, trusting that I would talk to them whenever I was ready. Though... secretly, I think it’s also because I actually looked much happier than I had in a long while, albeit the two did try to sneak a glance or two at my phone but I was cautious enough to change Yoona’s name to something that I was certain that they would never figure out to be Yoona. And as glad that I was able to hide such a huge sceret from everyone, I felt incredibly guilty that my two dearest brothers were included in the term 'everyone'. My guilt intensifying tenfold whenever the look in their eyes or the underlying tone in their voices suggested that they were acutely aware of that I'm keeping something huge from them but were just patiently waiting for me to take the initiative to tell them, soon. Try as I might to keep the guilt at bay, my conscience could no longer bear the guilt several nights ago as I tossed and turned in bed and it was then that I decided that I was going to tell them the truth personally as soon as possible... which kind of explains my current situation; me arriving early for dinner, fidgeting nervously in my seat as I anxiously await for them to arrive.

 

 

I sneaked a glance at my watch; 8.30pm... a good fifteen minutes more before they would arrive, letting out a shaky breath as I brought the glass of water to my lips. I was a wreck of nerves at this point of time and for a good reason too. For since the split, we've lost countless of our peers, 'friends' who deserted us at the first sign of trouble. We were outraged of course, hurt by the betrayals that were inflicted upon us over and over again but eventually, we learnt to get over it... though none of us couldn't suppress the surge of resentment and disgust whenever this topic was brought up. The warm comforting Yoochun would turn into an unfeeling cold man while the loveable Junsu would be akin to a hot dangerous volcano that is about to erupt and since we didn't know the truth regarding Yoona then... I groaned inwardly, "They're gonna skin me alive when I confess later."

 

 

"Oh hyung! You're early!" chripped an excited Junsu, beaming his thousand watt smile with Yoochun arriving right after him.

 

 

I gulped nervously as the two made themselves comfortable at the table, It's 8.45 already?!  "Orh... neh. Let's order first yeah? I'm famished."

 

 

We made small talks as we awaited for our dinner, joking and laughing as we enjoyed one another's company for it has been a while since the lot of us were able to spend time together leisurely, considering how busy all of us were with our respective solo schedules. It was only halfway through dinner that Yoochun finally asked the million dollar question,  "So... now that the small talks are done with, what is it that you want to talk to us about JaeJoong hyung?", his eyes never leaving mine as he dug in into his stew.
 
 


"Yeah JaeJoong hyung, what's up?" quipped Junsu, his eyes blinking at me innocently while slurping his soup.

 

 

"Here goes nothing." I thought, doing a mental hwaiting in my head prior to answering their questions, "I've been keeping with Yoona recently."

 

 

They froze mid-bite, visibly caught off guard with my statement as they gaped at me in utter shock. I squirmed uncomfortably in my seat under their glare, praying that I'll make it out alive of the restaurant as the deadly silence dragged on, witnessing how their gaze harden as they processed my words.
 
 


"Why would you do that hyung?" asked Junsu in an alarming hair-raising chilly voice.

 
 


"I--"

 
 

 

"That person that you've been texting... 'Choding'... That was her, wasn't it?" interrupted Yoochun, his question sounding more like a statement than an enquiry.

 
 


"As expected from the quickest mind in the band." I can't help but to comment inwardly at how fast Yoochun managed to piece the puzzles together.

 
 


"She saved me two months back. An anti-fan attacked me and if it wasn't for her, I won't even be here talking to you. She grabbed my hands before I could fall to my death, holding onto me even if it very nearly cost her her own life--"

 
 


"YOU NEARLY FELL OFF A BUILDING AND YOU DIDN'T TELL US?!!" shrieked Junsu in disbelief.

 
 


I blinked at Junsu in slight shock, distracted by his sudden loud shout, "I... Er... Yeah. I didn't want you guys about it... I mean I'm fine now aren't I?" Shutting my mouth instantly as the duo glared at me in response.

 
 


Pausing for a second, I gauged their expressions before I continued with my story, "I... She told me certain stuff when the both of us were hanging on for our lives, words of apologies and explanation to be exact. When we were safe, I made her tell the truth behind her actions and that's when I found out... that all this time, she was protecting us. She was threatened by the CEO, if she helps us or even takes a glance at us for that matter, the CEO will disclose even more negative press about us and HoMin... so as to protect all of us, to make our lives less tough than it already was then... she did what she had to do... even if it means us hating her. Initially she didn't believe the CEO would be capable of ruining our friendship to that extent but..."

 
 


I looked at Junsu with a knowing look as I finished my sentence, "It seemed like it worked hadn't it? That's one of the reason why I couldn't tell you guys about her, she didn't want you guys to know..." I trailed off, not entirely sure how to I put into words that Yoona wants to avoid them... to protect herself from any more potential harsh treatment.

 
 


"What makes you think that Yoona wasn't lying to you? That this isn't some kind of sick joke planned by SM to have Yoona butter up to us now that JYJ is some sort of a success." rebutted Yoochun, skeptical towards the whole situation. 

 
 


"No way." I shook my head vhemently. "It happened all too quickly for it to be scripted or for Yoona to come out with lies of any sort. Besides, won't I know if someone is telling me a lie in my face after everything we've been through? The eyes are window to the soul, Yoochun-ah... Yoona wasn't lying."

 
 


I stared patiently at the two, knowing that it was a lot to take in. Already, I could see Junsu's gaze softening, I've always knew he has a soft spot for Yoona, while the glint in Yoochun's eyes harden further. In contrast to the usual warm, dandy behaviour of the latter, the unfeeling ice cold pesona that Yoochun has sometimes was simply a defense mechanism of the singer. The singer had gone through so much the past two years that this was the method he chose to protect himself; closing his heart to anyone that could potentially hurt him once more, especially in regards to the people from his past. Sighing, I picked my chopsticks up as I continued with my meal before the other two started eating their previously forgotten meal as well.

 

 

The rest of the dinner went by in silence with each of us basking in our own thoughts, none of us really quite in the mood to strike a decent conversation. I kept my silence for I knew better than to push them to do anything in light of this situation. Now that the truth is out, it would be entirely up to them to decide if they would want to salvage their friendship with Yoona or to remain status quo. Sneaking a subtle glance at them both, I spoke inwardly, "No matter what decision you guys decide on, I'll fully respect it. I just ask that whatever choice that you choose, it would be the one that makes you happy... the one without regrets."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 
TWO WEEKS LATER.

JUNSU'S POV.


I stared blankly at the ceiling of my room as I spread-eagle on my bed, Jaejoong's words resounating loudly within my head, "All this while, she was protecting us... Threatened by the CEO... She did what she had to do... She didn't want you guys to know..." Vexed, I flipped myself over to bury my head into my pillows, my eyes blinking away the tears when the haunting image of Yoona's hurt look branded itself into my mind again and again.

 


 
With a loud "Aishhh.", I threw one of my pillows onto the floor in frustration, shutting my eyes as I buried my head further into the remaining pillows. I was so upset and distraught that it took the sensation of someone patting my back gently to realize that my mother had entered my room.

 


 
"Umma." I greeted fondly at my mother who was smiling lovingly at me.

 


 
"What's wrong Junsu-ya?"

 


 
"Umma... I did something wrong." I whispered in forlorn, my eyes watering slightly at my mother's affectionate tone.

 


 
"Hmmmm?"

 


 
"I'm lost umma... I don't know what to do." She said nothing as she moved her hands to my hair softly instead, patiently waiting for me to find the words to voice out my thoughts. It took me a couple of attempts, my mouth gaping and closing on its own before I was able to get started, to spill to her everything that I've been keeping inside; Jaejoong's words, HyukJae's explanation when I questioned him about it, the guilt I felt over what I did in the airport earlier this year...

 


 
"So what does your heart wants you to do now, Junsu?"

 

 
 
"What do I want to do?" I questioned myself silently. "I--I want to apologise... I want Yoona's forgiveness." I confessed silently, whispering as if I was afraid to have someone deny me of that request.

 


 
"But...?" prompted my mother, knowing that I was witholding something back.

 


 
"But I'm afraid that I've no longer that right to do so... What if I'm too late? I'm scared that Yoona won't forgive me... that she hates me... that she won't even look at me anymore." I whispered shamefully, the image of Yoona looking at me with such coldness and contempt twisting my insides into tight knots.

 


 
"Silly child, don't you know by now how Yoona is like?" asked my mum with a slight chuckle before she pinched my nose slightly.

 


 
"Do you really believes that she hates you?" she questioned seriously.

 


 
I stared at her for half a second, biting my lips before I shook my head only to nod and then to shake again.

 


 
"Aigoooo. You're making me dizzy, stop bobbing your head in all directions." chuckling at my antics as she held my face in both her palms.

 


 
"My child, just ask yourself this. What's the most important; a true friend, your silly pride or her irrational fear? Don't let yourself get in the way of obtaining what you truly want."

 


 
I contemplated her words over as a sudden spurt of courage rose within me, "Kumawo umma, I know what to do now." giving her a tight hug before grabbing my keys as I rushed out of the room.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 
JAEJOONG'S POV.

 

I was in the midst of composing a new track in the studio of my apartment when I heard the main door chimed open, followed by the faint sound of footsteps jogging all over the place. I stared patiently at the studio door as I waited for my intruder to find me. The sound of hurried footsteps grew louder and the next thing I know, the door swung open to reveal a disheveled Junsu. My eyes widen fractionally in shock, taken aback by his apperance before wincing slightly in guilt as I realized the very reason for it might be largely due to what I'd said during our last dinner together.

 


 
"Junsu, why--"

 


 
Before I could complete my sentence, Junsu jogged over to where I was only to crouch down on the floor, staring at me with his huge childlike eyes as he tugged lightly on the sweatpants I was wearing, "Jaejoong hyung."

 


 
"Hmm?" I hummed while I his hair gently, my maternal side emerging at the sight of a vulnerable and upset Junsu.

 


 
"Jaejoong hyung, I need to ask you for a favour." he bit out hesitantly, his brows wrinkling together as if he was afraid that I would actually deny him of what ever he wants.

 


 
"Anything for you Junsu-ya, what do you want?" I promised, smiling at how adorable Junsu was being despite him being in his twenties already.

 


 
"IwanttomeetYoona."

 


 
"Bwoh?" I frowned as I tried to dechiper his words, "Speak slowly Junsu-ya, I couldn't catch whatever you just said."

 


 
Inhaling a deep breath, he enunicated each word slowly as he stared at my face, gauging my reaction to his words, "I. Want to. Meet Yoona."

 

 

I did a double-take involuntarily in shock before retracting my hand that was fondling with his hair, "Bwoh? I--I don't think that's a good idea Junsu-ya."

 


 
"Of course it isn't." I thought. "Imagine the amount of trouble Yoona will get into if the nasty CEO catches wind of it, regardless whether Yoona is allowed to contact us... especially considering what a nasty personality the CEO has, he'll definitely not risk this connection. Besides, I'm not entirely sure how Yoona would react if Junsu appeared right in front of her out of blue..."

 

 

"Please Jaejoong hyung? Please? I need to see her... I-I have to... before it's too late. I have to meet her to apologize to her personally... for her to forgive me... so that... so that she'll be friends with me again. You'll help me right Jaejoong hyung, right?"

 


 
I groaned loudly, palming my face with both my hands as I listened to Junsu's earnest plea, torn between protecting Yoona and helping Junsu. What should I do now?

 


 
"Jaejoong hyung... Jebal..."

 


 
Upon listening to Junsu's broken voice, I made the grave mistake of peeking at him through the gap of my fingers. Crouching down on the floor, Junsu looked like he was on the verge of tears, giving me the most pitiful puppy face that I've ever witnessed to date. I groaned aloud once more, knowing that there was simply no way for me to deny him of his request.

 


 
With a defeated sigh, I spoke in resignation, "Arraso... I'll see what I can do about it."

 


 
"Jeongmal?" he asked hopefully, the smile on his face so wide that you would think that I was Santa Claus whom had given him his Christmas gift early.

 


 
"Neh..." ruffling his hair fondly as though he was some sort of puppy.

 


 
Grabbing my hand, he whispered sincerely, "Thank you hyung... I know... I know how much I'm asking for, especially when you've made it clear that Yoona wants nothing to do with me now. This might cause a huge rift between you two but yet I'm being so selfish to--"

 


 
"Hey." shoving him lightly to disrupt his train of thoughts, "Like I said, anything for you. Don't beat yourself over it. Besides... who knows, maybe this might be a good thing as well... Something both of you need."

 


 
"You think so?" he questioned uncertainly.

 


 
I smiled sympathetically at him as I place an assuring hand on his shoulder, "I think that as long as you're being sincere, the other party will be able to feel it."

 


 
"I don't suppose you can arrange a meet up right away hyung?" wondered Junsu distractedly.

 


 
"I don't think it's a wise idea to ask Yoona out directly Junsu-ya." I answered honestly, as much as I am glad that Junsu is taking the initiative to work things out with Yoona, Yoona's safety and wellbeing is the clear priority.

 


 
"Oh no no, don't get me wrong, I won't want to do that hyung. I know what are the implications that might be brought uponYoona should I do that... I won't want any trouble to befall on her. It's just that... I don't think it's safe either to ask Hyukjae to arrange a meet up. Hyukjae won't ever betray me but I just want to minimize the risk of the CEO finding out yknow. That's why I was wondering if you know any other person that isn't an SM artist that could help us."
 
 


I nodded my head in response, acknowledging that it might be for the best to have a non SM artist to help us in this case while I pondered over a potential candidate to aid us. I need an in-between, a medium that both Yoona and I know... Someone whom isn't too suspiscious to the eyes of others but yet capable and trustworthy enough to arrange this meeting in secret, away from any prying spies of SM's CEO. Think Jaejoong, think...

 

 

"Seunghyun." I whispered excitedly as the lightbulb in my head lit up.

 

 

"Nugu?" asked Junsu curiously, having missed out on the name I mentioned.

 

 

"Seunghyun. TOP from Big Bang." I repeated eagerly. "Yoona did mention that she's on somewhat friendly terms with GDragon and that Yuri and Sooyoung knows Seungri since they go to the same school or something. So since GDragon and Seungri are in YG..."
 
 


"They won't attract any suspicion from SM's CEO and Seunghyun is one of your close pals so we can trust on their help." answered Junsu with a knowing smile, an excited radiant light shining from within his eyes.

 
 


"It's a long shot but it's the best chance that we have at the moment."

 
 


With fluid movements, I grabbed my phone off the desk to search for the number of Big Bang's rapper, holding my breath as I listened to the dial tone.

 
 


"Remember to keep the fact that I am the one who wants to meet Yoona from Yoona herself, I'm afraid that I'll spook her away." added Junsu anxiously as he chewed on his lower lip while waiting for Seunghyun to answer the phone.

 
 


By the fourth ring, I looked at Junsu's disappointed face apologetically, "Maybe he's just busy at the moment, hyung will call--"

 
 


"Yoboseyo Jaejoong hyung?"

 
 


I turned my attention to my phone immediately while Junsu looked on in anticipation, "Neh Seunghyun, it's me. Hey listen, I need you to do me a favour..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Annyeong Yoroboon!
 
Hey guys, HAPPY VALENTINE!! how have you been? :) Sorry, no Yoona for this chapter but I felt that it's necessary to see things from the perspective of others, especially if Yoona is to regain her lost friendships.
 
Anyhoo, thanks to: AlwaysYA  & pinktape777 for subscribing and also to MyDanbo, GhyHwang, pinktape, annguyen1309, 1380MC, chillyautumn & yo0nathelovez for giving me comments! ^^
 
Especially so to: pinktape777 since she/he upvoted!! :D
 
That's all for now. Enjoy your valentine yoroboon! Regardless if you're spending it with 'me', 'myself' and 'I' or with your other half. <3
 
Sending my love,
 
xoxo, againhello.