CHAPTER FOUR

Realigning The Lost Stars.
The Search.
 
 
EARLY NOV 2010
 
KYUHYUN'S POV.
 
"Sheer genius, I'm such a genius really." patting myself on the back on a work well done as I stood in the middle of the living room of TVXQ's new dorm, my chest proudly puffed out with my left hand resting on my hip. 
 
 
ONE HOUR FORTY-FIVE MINUTES EARLIER...
 
 
"I don't wanna practice anymore~ We've been rehearsing for Super Show 4 the whole day, LITERALLY."
 
 
 
 
I was being a total brat, flying flat on the ground of the practice room whining while flinging my arms all around.
 
 
 
 
 
"I'm so tired from all the dancing and singing. I wanna go home, I wanna hang out with Kyu Line, I wanna play my video games. My precious lovable video gamesssssss~" rolling my body back and forth as I continued my whining fiasco.
 
 
 
 
"Yah, Cho Kyuhyun! Shut up you big baby! Don't you dare complain about rehearsals when you clearly need them to improve your dance moves." commented Eunhyuk while giving a light kick to my legs.
 
 
 
 
Shooting him a glare, I muttered silently to myself, "I'll show you big baby." before lunging myself to the unsuspecting dance machine with both hands wringing about his neck, mock strangling him. "Die annoying anchovy! DIE!!"
 
 
 
 
"Yah!! GET OFF ME! YAH!! TUEK HYUNG, HELPPPPP." screeched Eunhyuk while trying his best to pry the evil maknae's hands away from his neck.
 
 
 
 
"Kyuhyun-ah~" I heard the all too familiar voice of my leader call out. Scowling, I reluctantly let go of Eunhyuk who cowered behind Leeteuk to stick his tongue out at me.
 
 
 
 
"Why you little annoying ancho--"
 
 
 
 
"Enough. Knock it off boys."
 
 
 
 
Pouting, I gazed at my dear leader with mock saddness, "Teuk Hyung, he started it!" pointing a finger to the grinning anchovy standing behind Leeteuk.
 
 
 
 
"Teuk Hyungggggg, are we going to be done with the rehearsal soon? I'm going to break apart anytime nowww." I asked my leader while giving the most pitiful puppy face I could muster.
 
 
 
 
Eunhyuk, who saw this, pretended to gag which resulted me to shoot him another glare. Annoying anchovy.
 
 
 
 
"Arraso arraso, one more dance routine and we'll be done for tonight neh?" conceded the leader.
 
 
 
 
"ASSA!! WHOOHOO! TEUK HYUNG JJANG! TEUK HYUNG SARANGHAE!!" I shouted at the top of my legs, grinning as I use my arms to form a heart shape on top of my head.
 
 
 
 
Chuckling, Leeteuk shook his head at my antics before turning to face the other members, "Alright people, break's over! One more perfect dance performance and we're good to go. Places everyone, we're taking it from the top!!" 
 
 
 
 
Whipping my phone out of my pockets, I sent a quick text to the Kyu Line members.
 
 
20:49
To:Changminnie, Minho-ya, Victoria, Yoong-ah.
From: Kyuhyun.
 
Impromtu Kyu Line gathering at Changmin's place in abt 1hr+ time!
Changmin, I know you won't mind. :P I know that Yunho hyung won't be back till late & you're free tonight. 
Yes, I also know the passcode of your lock, you told me when we were out drinking that other time.
In fact, I KNOW that ALL of you are free tonight.. So.. face my wrath if you're not planning to come, ROARRR!!
Hehehe. See you in a bit! ^_^
 
PS:Yoong-ah, be honoured that I invited you even if you aren't an official member of Kyu Line. Kekeke~
 
 
 
PRESENT TIME.
 
"Indeed, who can beat Cho Kyuhyun's intelligence. Muhahaha--"
 
 
 
Ding Dong, Ding Dong, Ding Dong.
 
 
The doorbell disturbed my impersonation of evil cackling; the kind that we usually see evil villians do in cartoons, and in my excitement to get the night started, I scrambled to get to the door, nearly tripping as I stumbled over my long forgotten duffel bag that was by my feet.
 
 
 
  
"Welcome welcome! Welcome to the famous exclusive Kyu Line gathering... wait, why did you three arrive at the same time?" I questioned, staring at the three guests in slight confusion as they made their way into the apartment.
 
 
 
 
"Hehe, turns out we were in the same neighbourhood when you texted us so we decided to take a cab here together." replied the Chinese girl as she headed for kitchen in haste, no doubt excited over the prospect of cooking something new for us to be her guinea pigs again. 
 
 
 
 
"Be honored? Not an official member of Kyu Line? Are you kidding me oppa? I mean, haven't you heard, the fans have been meaning to change Kyu Line into Yoong Line now. Tsch." ranted the doe-eyed beauty that was scowling at me from the couch. Hehe, cute.
 
 
 
 
In response, I childishly stuck out my tongue at her. "Meh-rong."
 
 
 
 
"Kyuhyun hyung, where is Changmin hyung?" asked Minho who was sitting by the couch with Yoona.
 
 
 
 
Yeah... come to think of it, where is that guy? "Molla, he hasn't replied my text, maybe he's still out or something. Anyways, Changmin bought this new wicked video game the other day, I'm gonna head into his room to grab it. Be right back!" 
 
 
 
Rubbing my hands in glee, I stepped into his bedroom and bee-lined towards his desk where he usually keeps his video games, laptops, music sheets and other sorts of junk. However, to my utter surprise, his desk was relatively empty, save for his phone, Huh, this kid must have forgotten his phone, his laptop and.. a pair of white envelopes that was resting neatly on the black laptop. I was about to leave the desk to continue my search for the video game but I can't seem to draw my eyes away from the white envelopes as a nagging feeling crept into my system. Succumbing to my gut feeling, I flipped the envelopes over, only to see that they were addressed to Yunho and his family respectively. Contemplating for a second, I ripped open the letter for Yunho, going against my moral principle of respecting the privacy of others.
 
 
 
Yunho hyung,
 
My dearest beloved yunho hyung... even though I don't say it often, but you do know that I love you don't you. 
 
Hyung, kumawo. Thank you for holding onto my hand and never letting go. Thank you.. thank you for making that painful decision that day, for choosing to stay to protect those that needed protection despite knowing what it might have cost us.
 
Hyung, mianhe. I'm sorry for the times that I vented my anger and frustrations on you... I'm sorry that things have come to this; when five no longer equals to one. Sorry that you, as a leader, had to shoulder so much and yet I wasn't able to help you get out of your misery.
 
Hyung... I've been so tired recently, and for that I give you the last apology; I'm sorry that I have to let go, to give up, for choosing the cowardly way to end things when I clearly know... when I know that by doing this, I'm driving a stake to your heart with my bare hands. I'm such a selfish as* aren't I? Hyung, I'm so tired of living these days when the pain seems to never go away. You must be feeling the same way too huh, that's why you've been drinking so much recently... to numb the pain, to block out the haunting memories and emotions. I can't take it any longer, it's suffocating me to the point that every breath that I take seem to take so much effort. I want it to go away, I want it all to go away... and the only way to do so is to simply say goodbye to this life.
 
Hyung, please don't do anything stupid after you find out about me. Promise me. Promise me that you'll move on and lead a long healthy, joyous life surrounded by your children and grandchildren. Also, I leave you my last request; take care of my family on my behalf. Like I said, selfish aren't I, requesting such favours from you after inflicting so much pain onto you... but I know that I can count on you to do so.
 
I want you to know this hyung; I NEVER EVER regretted choosing to stay by your side. For the last time, I love you hyung... my leader Yunho hyung.
 
Last goodbye,
Changmin.
 
 
 
 
I stood frozen to the ground, paralysed by a spine-chilling fear."Wha-- Chang-- wha-- oh no.. oh crap crap crap."
 
 
 
 
"GUYS.. GUYSSS!!!!" I took off running to the living room like a mad man with the letter tightly grasped in my hand, curious eyes meeting mine upon my outburst.
 
 
 
 
"Changmin.. Changminnie is in trouble. He's planning to kill himself!!!" I screamed hysterically.
 
 
 
 
"Bwoh? No way, I don't believe it. Let me see." said Minho while snatching the letter from my grasp.
 
 
 
 
"Oh sh*t.." Minho paled. "Fck, he's really going to do it." Slackening his hold, the letter floated slowly down to the ground as deathly silence filled the room. The place was so quiet that you could almost hear our thoughts screaming, "No way, this has to be a sick nasty joke! This is Changmin we're talking about! The Almighty ChoiKang Changmin!! He'll never kill himself, no freaking way!" 
 
 
 
 
 
"We have to find him." Yoona's calm voice broke the deafening silence.
 
 
 
All eyes turned to Yoona in reflex. Unflinching from our stares, Yoona continued her sentence, "We have to find him. Victoria unnie, you'll go with Minho, go to the places that he likes to frequent, etc. Kyuhyun oppa, you're coming with me, we'll start searching the neighbourhood. Bring your phones along, we'll contact each other via phone." 
 
 
 
Still paralyzed from the initial shock, all of us stood unmoving. "WHAT ARE YOU GUYS WAITING FOR?! MOVE!!" Yoona's shrill voice broke us from statue-liked state. Scurrying across the room, all of us hurriedly grab our coats and scarfs and left the apartment in record time, going off in pairs to search for our missing suicidal friend. 
 
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
YOONA'S POV.
 
"Yah Minho-ya, found him yet?" I heard Kyuhyun oppa ask. 
 
 
 
Swearing under breath, Kyuhyun replied "No, we didn't either. Gosh, I swear, I'll skin him personally myself when I lay my hands on him. Call me when you got something, bye."
 
 
 
Approximately an hour has passed since the group of us left TVXQ's dorm and all of us were growing restless by the minute since there has yet to have any news of Changmin. "What if we're already too late.." my mind whispered and I shuddered at the mere thought of Changmin taking his own life. God, Min where are you?
 
 
Sitting down a bench near the roadside, I let out a deep sigh, white smokes appearing in the air as my warm breath came into contact with the cold winter air. "Think Yoona think, where would Changmin go if he wants to kill himself." I muttered to myself, staring at the passing cars when a sudden flashback hits me.
 
 
 
 
YOONA'S FLASHBACK:
 
The memory took place years ago; to the time before both DongBangShinKi and SeoNyeoShiDae debuted, where both Changmin and Yoona were still trainees back in SM...
 
The duo were frolicking in the park nearby after ditching their practice sessions together, swinging on the swings while trying to figure out the shapes of the clouds above, not giving a care in the world.
 
 
 
"That's a mouse!" a young Yoona exclaimed.
 
 
 
 
"Yah, how is that a mouse? Look at the ears, it's a rabbit." retorted young Changmin.
 
 
 
 
"Ani! It's a mouse! A mouse! Hmph." pouted Yoona, visibly upset by Changmin's words.
 
 
 
 
Chuckling at Yoona's adorable behaviour, Changmin reached out to ruffle her hair affectionately, "Arraso, it's a mouse. Happy?"
 
 
 
 
Satisfied by Changmin's words, Yoona nodded her head while beaming.
 
 
 
 
"Min-ah, if one day, we get to choose the place where we die, where will you choose?" asked Yoona with such innocence and curiosity in her eyes.
 
 
 
 
"Eh? You're so random sometimes Yoona, I swear that you're always as random as Jae hyung sometimes."
 
 
 
 
"Yahhh. Answer my question."
 
 
 
 
"Arraso arraso. Hmmm... If I get to choose... I'll choose a place that feels like home; where most of my life's happiest memories are so that when I die, I'll die surrounded by happy memories, I'll die happy. What about you Yoona?"
 
 
 
 
"Umm. Molla, probably the same as you." answered Yoona while staring at the sky above.
 
 
 
 
"Hey Min, do you believe in guardian angels?" asked Yoona who was still staring at the sky.
 
 
 
 
"Aish, enough questions for today Yoong, we better get back to SM before we get into trouble." said Changmin while getting up from the swing and walked away.
 
 
 
 
"Yahhh, wait for me." Upon seeing Changmin leaving, young Yoona immediately ran after the tall boy, only to jump onto the boy's back, demanding for a piggy ride back to the company.
 
 
 
 
"Yoona! IM YOONA!" I heard a loud voice shouting straight into my ear.
 
 
 
 
"Huhh?" a disorientated reply was heard as I was harshly snapped back into reality. 
 
 
 
 
"YAH! Why are you spacing out like that. What are you thinking of? THIS IS NOT THE TIME FOR THIS! WE NEED TO LOOK FOR CHANGMIN! AREN'T YOU---" 
 
 
 
 
"OPPA!" I shouted, interrupting Kyuhyun's rant.
 
 
 
 
"I think I know where Changmin oppa is.."
 
 
 
 
"BWOH? Ordi?"
 
 
 
 
"Dong Bang Shin Ki's old dorm."
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 

Yoroboon! 

 
Double update for today! Hehe. Give me a minute (not literally) as I finish up the following chapter. :)
 
And if you haven't realized by now, yeah... I think I have something for evil, rude snarky maknaes of male idol groups. Heol. Or maybe it's just the Changmin and Kyuhyun duo combo, they're awesome. HAHAHA. Okay, you can totally ignore my ramblings, I think I talk too much, mehhhh. 
 
xoxo, againhello.