CHAPTER ONE

Realigning The Lost Stars.
And The Story Begins.
 
DEC 2009
 
YOONA'S POV.
 
 
 
Winter. My favourite season of the year. The season where it's refreshingly cold with tiny specks of snow dancing in the wind. The time of the year where everywhere that was blanketed by endless thick white snow seemed to be an epitome of peace and purity. For some, winter signifies the end or closure, while others see winter as a representation of a new beginning that is about to arrive.

 


I stood by the glass floor length window of the living room with a cup of hot cocoa in my hands, watching the citizens of Seoul make their ways onto the street, them pulling their coats closer to them as a particular strong winter wind blew. Sipping tentatively on the hot beverage, I strained my ears to listen for any signs of life in the dorm... Nothing.

 

The girls were as asleep as they were when I checked on them twenty minutes ago. I didn't bother to wake them up simply because we still had time before we were supposed to leave our dorm for our scheduled performance and that the girls could really use some rest. I blew my breath onto the cold surface of the glass, allowing it to mist briefly before doodling random words and pictures out of boredom. Leaning the right side of my head onto the window, my fingers traced the brim of the cup absentmindedly as I finally allowed the unwanted thoughts to invade my mind. "Today's the day huh... 31st Dec. The last day of DBSK performing as five officially... The end of a beautiful legend..."

 


YOONA'S FLASHBACK.

 

It was a bright and sunny day in Busan. The girls and I were performing to our latest hit single "Gee" and our mood was great to say the least for we were starting to gain massive popularity internationally after debuting for a couple of years. The nine of us waved and smiled to our enthusiastic fans as a gesture to thank them for overwhelming support and for coming down all the way to Busan to watch us perform. With a last bow, we left the stage to head back to our waiting room, still reliving the high from the performance. The lot of us were expecting the SM staff members to congratulate us on another job well done, instead, we were greeted by gloomy and sullen faces. In a split second, our laughter died down as an unknown fear took over us. Something bad has happened in SM... the last time we saw such expressions was when Super Junior was involved in a horrific traffic accident, the one in which all of us nearly lost Kyuhyun...

 

 

"Manager oppa! What... what happened?" questioned Taeyeon, her voice shaking a little with worry and fear.

 

 

"See it for yourself girls." The curt reply did nothing to soothe our nerves as we anxiously watch every movement of our manager whom was flipping through the tv channels, searching for what he was looking for; the news channel.

 

 

"BREAKING NEWS: DBSK MEMBERS HERO JAEJOONG, MICKY YOOCHUN & XIAH JUNSU TO LEAVE DBSK. Earlier today, the trio filed a lawsuit against their label company, SM Entertainment..."

 

 

We stood there frozen, our mouths wide open. The voice of news anchor seem to faded away as we tried to come to terms with what we just saw on the news. Getting over the initial shock, a loud outburst immediately erupted from our group.

 

 

"BWOH."

"What?!"

"YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME."

"No way... THE DONG BANG SHIN KI?!"

 

The loud ruckus continued around me as the girls express their disbelief over the matter. My head started to throb as I pondered over the news, utterly overwhelmed by the turn of events. What on earth is going on?

 

 

I, together with some of the Suju oppas, were all aware that DBSK intended to file a lawsuit to leave SM together, for the sake of better career opportunities and freedom. The key word here being together. But why is it that only Jaejoong, Yoochun and Junsu oppa that are the ones filing the lawsuit? What about Yunho and Changmin oppa? Why didn't they leave too? What is going to happen now?

 

 

I tried getting answers from Super Junior but they too were caught completely off guard by the situation. The only ones that were able to give us answers were the five of them and five of them alone but none of them were contactable by any of us at the moment. Over time, we no longer saw the trio in the company and it was also rare to catch sight of either Changmin or Yunho, which basically meant that we had no opportunity to talk to any of them privately, zero chances to ask them to explain the situation to us. However, during the few times that I managed to glimpse upon the duo, the look in their eyes tell it all; the split is killing them. Eventually, SM announced that the trio was indeed leaving the company for good and that DBSK would be on an infinite hiatus after their last official performance as five in Japan on the 31st...

 

 

"Yoong~ Yoong.. Helloooooo. Yoona... YOONA!"

 


I leapt up into the air with a yelp, startled by the sudden loud shout. Clearly, I was too engrossed in my own thoughts to notice that someone was calling me, or standing right in front of me for the matter. The same someone who is now glaring at me...

 

 

"Aish... Sooyoong unnieee." I whined, bummed by the fact she gave me a huge shock early in the morning.

 

 

"Yah! Don't unnieee me, Yoona. What do you think you're doing right now? We have to leave in less than an hour time!"

 

 

"Bwoh? But it's only---" I froze mid-sentence as I glance upon the pink clock that was hung up on the wall.

 

 

"Eeeep! I've not even washed up yet!!" with lightning speed, I scurried to the kitchen to dispose of my empty cup before rushing to get myself ready in record time.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

NO ONE'S POV.

 

Sooyoung let out a soft chuckle, shaking her head slowly as she watched Yoona's retreating back. The 172cm beauty was making her way into the kitchen before she paused midway, turning her body so that she was now facing at where Yoona was standing at previously.

 

 

"What were you thinking about that made you upset, Yoona-ah? "

 

 

The answer to which came instantly after the question left her lips. "Pabo, you were thinking about them weren't you? Today's the day isn't it, the last day of them as five."

 

 

Unlike Yoona, Sooyoung wasn't close to her sunbaes at all, rather, the said idol was a huge fan of her own label-mate; heck, she even registered herself at DBSK's official fan website! Upon hearing the news of the split, her very first reaction was shock and disbelief. How could a band, with such strong brotherhood between each and every one of the members, disband? They were so happy together, so successful, the idea of them splitting up just doesn't make any sense. It was just simply impossible so to speak. However, as time passed, the initial shock of the news faded away and like every other Cassie, Sooyoung found herself to be devastated and heartbroken by the news that her favorite ultimate boyband; The Dong Bang Shin Ki is indeed breaking up.

 

 

"How ironic really." Sooyoung thought. "Their last act to be of one that sings about standing by one another's side... Music is never going to be the same without all five of them singing together..."

 

 

"Yah Sooyoung-ah! Is breakfast ready yet?" Taeyeon's loud shout resonating in the living room.

 

 

Whipping her head to Taeyeon's voice, Sooyoung found herself staring at Taeyeon who just arrived in the living room, along with Tiffany, Sunny, Hyoyeon and Jessica. Acting on impulse, Sooyoung took long strides across the hall, only to engulf the other girls in a tight group hug.

 

 

"Yah, waegudae." Taeyeon's asked in mock annoyance, her arms automatically wrapping Sooyoung back.

 

 

"Nothing. Just felt like doing this." mumbled Sooyoung softly.

 
Inside her head, Sooyoung spoke her honest heartfelt inner thoughts, "I'm just so thankful. So thankful that we're not separated and that I have each and every one of my sisters by my side. All eight of them, no more, no less, forever."
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Annyeonghaseyo Yoroboon!
 
I've finally figured out how to change the colours and all. Heh heh heh. I'll take this story a lil slow 
to lay the foundation and all before I speed things up, so bear with me. :) So, just in case that
some of you are confused,the prologue sets in the timeframe of March 2014, but chapter one onwards it'll will be from Dec 2009; basically it'll be illustrating the things that happened prior to 2014
(the extracts in Just a lil tease + what was Yoona's accident, etc)
 
Right, moving on, a shout out to the new subscribes. I can't believe it, I left with 5 subscribers and I
gained an additional 12 when I returned the next day. Huhuhu. 
Damiel, burningsoul, serenity2012, jeanne90, ultimatebiasyoona, kyuna307, yoon1308, missinvisble18, TheHonestOne, avemaria, yoonqiee- & melodyoona7 
Kumawoyo Yoroboon!! *SOBS*
 
Not forgetting, thank you to both fantacy yoonhaelove for the lovely comments!! You won't believe 
how happy I was when I saw it. :)
 
Ok, that's all I have to say today. IT'S CHRISTMAS EVE!! I hope you guys will be are having fun
wherever you are :) Hehehe.I'll try to squeeze in an update or two before the new year if you guys want. Once again, 
MERRY CHRISTMAS IN ADVANCE YOROBOON!!!! ^^
 
xoxo, againhello.