CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Realigning The Lost Stars.
 Apologies.
 
 
MID JULY 2011
 
YOONA'S POV.
 
 
 
The girls were being strange today. I reached this conclusion as I eyed each of my members suspiciously, "Oh, they're definitely keeping something from me alright."
 
 
 
 
Determined to find out what is was that they were hiding from me, I very nearly succeeded in interrogating it out from my maknae before an eagle-eyed Sunny saw what I was up to and rescued Seohyun away from me.
 
 
 
Sulking, I plopped down onto a chair nearby with an audible "Hmph.", pouting as I made my grievance known to my sisters whom simply stared in me in amusement. Hmph, meanies.
 
 
 
It was only moments later that a bemused Sooyoung approached me, "Alright alright, you can stop pouting now. We'll tell, or rather, show you the big secret that you want to know so badly.
 
 
 
I pursed my lips as I kept my silence, glancing at Sooyoung from the corner of my eye, unwilling to let the girls off the hook this easily.
 
 
 
Yuri, Jessica and Taeyeon who were standing close by merely gave an entertained look at my childish antics, "Oh well, and here I thought that you really really wanted to know... I suppose we could always head off without you~" singsonged Sooyoung as she proceeded to walk to the door with the three previously mentioned idols.
 
 
 
 
I knew they were baiting me and I tried as I could to resist... only to have my resolve to fly away the instant that they were just three steps away from the door. I scurried to Sooyoung's side, clinging onto her left arm with a little pout. "Well, I suppose if you want to show me that badly..." shooting indignant looks to the other three who were laughing at my little act.
 
 
 
 
"Oh Yoona, you're so adorable that I want to keep you in my pocket!" squealed Jessica as she tiptoed to pinch my cheeks, with me attempting to pry her hands off. "Hmph, but I don't wanna live in your pocket."
 
 
 
 
It was only after walking a distance from where we came from that I realized that the other half of SNSD were not following us, "Just us? The others aren't coming along?" I questioned in slight confusion.
 
 
 
 
"Yep, just us. Wae? Shiro?" rebutted Taeyeon jokingly.
 
 
 
 
"Ani... Just curious." I stared wide-eyed at my surrounding, faintly registering that we were heading to the other wing of the building; the quieter part of the building where all the meetings were held. What exactly are they up to?
 
 
 
 
Endless possibilities and theories were swimming in my head when Sooyoung stopped us right in front of a white door, giving me small smile before knocking politely. I stared curiously as she gestured for me to open the door instead, perplexed by the oddity of the situation. What a push, the door swung open to reveal a group of people whom I never thought I'd associate with my sisters; Big Bang. Ehhhh?! I thought the unnies hate them? They'd always made sure I was at least a good ten feet away from Top...
 
 
 
 
I watched as Jiyong and Top's manager gave each other a nod before heading out of the room together, not forgetting to give us a polite bow as we entered the room. The other three managers merely gave excuses such as "I think I need a drink" or "I think it's time for to get a smoke." before they too left the room.
 
 
 
 
How queer...
 
 
 
 
"Annyeonghaseyo...?" my greeting took a turn, sounding more like a question as I saw my four companions leisurely strolled over to chat with the Big Bang members without as much as a formal greeting, behaving as if they were all best friends and that they didn't spend the past six months hating on a particular Big Bang member. That same member who was now shuffling on his feet awkwardly as he took furtive glances at me...
 
 
 
 
"Annyeong Yoona-ssi!" exclaimed Jiyong cheerfully as he made his way towards me, half dragging Top along while I watched on with apprehension, slightly unnerved at the idea of being near Top.
 
 
 
 
"This big guy here has something important to tell you but he's being shy so I'll just leave him with you neh?" chuckled Jiyong as he thumped onto Top's chest, giving me an encouraging smile before be turned his back to join the rest of the occupants of the room.
 
 
 
 
We remained unmoving where Jiyong left us, standing stiffly as we barely looked at each other in the eye, the awkward tension radiating off us so tangible that it felt like a butter knife would be able to slice through it without much resistance. I watched as Top flinched slightly at the sound of Taeyeon clearing before he lifted his gaze timidly whilst rubbing his nape out of discomfort, "Yoona-ssi, I er... I--"
 
 
 
 
"Just tell her already hyung!" hissed Seungri and Daesung across the room.
 
 
 
 
Top cleared his throat in response as he glanced backwards, as though he was seeking for reassurance by doing so,"Yoona-ssi, I-I just want to say that I'm sorry... sorry for the words that I've said in Japan, I was being an as* and you did nothing to deserve such a horrid act. Would you forgive me?"
 
 
 
 
My jaw fell open at his words, having never to expect an apology, much less such a sincere one, from the YG rapper. Unable to form a coherent thought, I continued to stare unblinking at Top, "Wait, wha--? Why...?"
 
 
 
 
"Jaejoong hyung told me everything." he confessed quietly, averting his gaze back to the floor while stringing his fingers together nervously, looking very much like a little boy who got caught stealing cookies from a cookie jar.
 
 
 
 
"Ahhh." I breathe out as realization dawned on me, having an explanation for the abrupt change in Top's attitude.
 
 
 
 
"Yeah." he commented lamely as he continued staring at the floor like it was the most interesting thing in the world.
 
 
 
 
Mirroring our silence, the room became quiet having listening in to our little exchange. From my peripheral vision, I saw that Seungri was about say something but Top beat him to it, "I-I know that you may not forgive me that easily, or maybe you don't plan to forgive me at all but... regardless, I-I just want you to know that it wasn't your fault at all, it's all mine. I just hope that you'll no longer feel hurt over my prudent remarks and if I have to work for your forgiveness, I'll do it, no matter how long it takes."
 
 
 
 
"I won't forgive you--" my eyes darting instinctively to the audience behind Top as I heard their gasps, even the Soshi members were staring me in shock over my words. Top on the other hand looked crestfallen as he lowered his head, "I understand--"
 
 
 
 
"I won't forgive you, simply because there is nothing to forgive." I interrupted, knowing that everyone had misunderstood my words earlier.
 
 
 
 
At that, Top snapped his head up with a handsome smile on his chiseled face, "Really?"
 
 
 
 
Looking into his hypnotic eyes, I found my throat drying up as my knees stared to go weak. Under his intense stare, I tried to get my words out of my throat but... "So this is the infamous stare that the VIPs always talk about huh? The one that can impregnate you by merely gazing into Top's eyes--"
 
 
 
 
"Aish hyung! Stop staring at Yoona like that! No sane woman can think straight if you do this!" exclaimed Seungri in slight exasperation.
 
 
 
 
At Seungri's loud shout, the spell Top had me under broke as everyone erupted into laughter at the former's honest words while Top simply gave a sheepish grin in return.
 
 
 
 
"Yes really, you did nothing that I couldn't forgive so shall we let bygones be bygones? Now that we're done with the apologies, shall we join the rest... Not that that they weren't eavesdropping on us for that matter." directing the last of my words with a raised eyebrow to the crowd dutily watching us.
 
 
 
 
Being the comedians that they were, the lot of them immediately pretended to be engaged in an animated conversation, behaving as though they were not caught listening in to a supposingly 'private' conversation whereas Top and I merely chuckled at them before making our way over.
 
 
 
 
Now that things were considerably less strained between the two groups, it was much easier to keep the conversation flowing since we were generally a sociable lot. Despite so, I couldn't shake the nagging feeling that something doesn't add up... Jiyong seemed to be quieter than usual and the fact that Top kept glancing towards the white door didn't escape my notice. Come to think so it, there was something about Taeyang, Seungri and Daesung too, a certain stiffness in their posture despite the relaxing and causal ambience of the room. "Knock it off Yoona, you're being paranoid for no reason." shaking my head to banish the ridiculous thoughts.
 
 
 
 
It was odd really; a tinkling sensation shooting down my spine the moment I heard the clicking sound of an opened door being shut softly, almost as if my subconscious already knew what was coming before I do. The room fell quiet, too quiet; the earlier chatting noises had died down only to be replaced by collective feminine gasps. Intrigued, I pivoted myself slowly from where I sat to face the newcomer, an unnerving combination of dread and anxiety swirling dangerously within the deepest pit of my stomach.
 
 
 
 
If I thought the surprise of both seeing Big Bang and receiving Top's sudden apology was shocking enough, it was nothing, absolutely nothing compared to what I felt at the moment. Catching my breath in my throat, I could hear the loud pounding of my heart as I stared straight into the eyes of the standing figure who stood unflinching under all of our stares, "Jun-Junsu oppa?"
 
 
 
 
Following the clearing of a throat, my eyes darted to the rest of occupants in the room; the girls resembled a deer caught dead in the headlights, Jiyong and Daesung avoided my eyes in guilt while the other three members of Big Bang looked on anxiously. A sudden clicking noise went off in my head as I finally comprehended the odd behaviour of both Big Bang and their managers alike, the reason why Top's and Jiyong's managers took off to stand guard outside the door... "So this is why Seungri insisted for us to come over instead." mumbled Sooyong as she too figured out the current situation.
 
 
 
 
As the initial shock faded, I watched silently as Taeyeon and Jessica glared accusingly at the Big Bang boys, clearly this wasn't in whatever agreements they had in bringing me over whereas poor Yuri looked like she was on the verge of fainting, knowing how much of a trouble we will all get into if the CEO catches wind of this.
 
 
 
 
"Annyeonghaseyo." greeted a peculiar yet familiar voice, successfully in getting our fullest attention once more.
 
 
 
 
At this, Jessica's gaze soften as she greeted her old friend, "Junsu oppa." while Taeyeon continued to glare, albeit it was considerably softer than what she gave to Big Bang, at her ex-boyfriend.
 
 
 
 
"Neh, it's been a while Sica... Taeyeon-ah." Jessica gave a small smile whereas Taeyeon merely gave a unlady-like grunt.
 
 
 
 
"Junsu oppa, what are you doing here?" questioned Sooyoung with a smile donned on her face, no doubt over the joy of seeing one of her oldest friend despite the unlikely circumstances.
 
 
 
 
"Orh, hello Sooyoung-ah. I'm here to find someone... someone important."
 
 
 
 
If I wasn't so tensed at the moment, it would had been pretty hilarious watching the everyone turn their heads in a slow synchronized manner to stare at me upon Junsu's words.
 
 
 
 
"Yoon-Yoona."
 
 
 
 
I wished I could say that meeting Junsu would be as gratifying for me as how it had been for Sooyoung but instead, I found myself balling my fist tightly on my lap, craving red angry crescent marks onto my palms as I locked eyes with the stranger, a hard glint evident in my eyes as distrust and hurt radiated off me like strong tidal waves.
 
 
 
 
"Don't call me, as if you really care about me anymore." I snarled inwardly, my pent up resentment leaving a bitter aftertaste in my mouth. He seem to have heard my unspoken words as his gaze started to soften, showing the depth of his hurt, knowing that he was to be blamed for my hostile behavior. Keeping a poker face, I refused to show that despite how hurt and upset I was towards Junsu, my heart was breaking a little... bit by bit at the sight of Junsu looking so much like a dutiful puppy that got kicked by its favourite owner.
 
 
 
 
"Yoong..."
 
 
 
 
I shut my eyes the minute I heard the pleading tone in his voice, feeling the familiar sting in my eyes. My resolve started to waver as an internal war started waging within; the devil was screaming to keep up the indifferent cruel act, to hurt him as much, if not more so than the hurt he had inflicted over the act at the airport while the kinder side of my soul was begging for me to acknowledge him, to forgive, to take the sadness away from Junsu, to understand whatever Junsu did was an act by someone driven by hurt and disappointment. "Don't act like you don't know how Junsu masks his pain with anger whenever the pain gets too overwhelming for him." whispered the angel.
 
 
 
 
"Yoong-ah..."
 
 
 
 
A lone tear finally travelled down my cheek as I heard the crack in his voice. Slowly but surely, I responded to the unspoken plea, freeing my palms from my fingernails as I opened my eyes to look at Junsu; gone was the cold cruel stranger I met at the airport and in his place was the boy that I befriended back in SM trainee days- the kind, loveable, innocent and loyal Kim Junsu whom I loved and missed so much.
 
 
 
 
"Jun-Junsu oppa."
 
 
 
 
It was a mere whisper but given the silence of the room, Junsu managed to hear it loud and clear. Looking momentarily stunned, Junsu stood frozen at his spot by the door before taking large strides across the room, only to drop to his knees to engulf me in a tight hug, "God, I'm sorry Yoona. I'm so sorry."
 
 
 
 
A choked sob escaped from my lips as I buried my face with both my palms, the words rushing out on its own accord as I felt an unjustifiable need to explain my past actions, "I-I'm so sorry. I had to... I couldn't... I-I-I--"
 
 
 
 
 
"Arra Yoona-ah, Jaejoong hyung told me."
 
 
 
 
The both of us barely paid any attention to the time nor our audience as we murmured our apologies to each other, relishing in the comforts of regaining a friendship that we thought was once long lost. Pulling away, I chuckled at the tear stained face of Junsu, my heart swelling with so much love and affection for my bubbly brotherly duckbutt.
 
 
 
 
"God, Jaejoong hyung is going to kill me if he finds out how much I made you cried." commented Junsu jokingly as he wiped the tears off my face with the back of his hands.
 
 
 
 
"Nah he wouldn't, especially since I cried even more with him that night. Though, if he really does... I totally wouldn't mind helping out, meh-rong." sticking my tongue out cheekily only to regret my action the minute Junsu pinched my cheeks with such force.
 
 
 
 
"Oww. Yah, is this how you treat your girl bestfriend." pouting a little as I rubbed my cheeks gingerly.
 
 
 
 
Just before Junsu could retort, we were rudely interrupted by the little group of audience whom we'd forgotten...
 
 
 
 
"Kyah!! Yoona is so cute!"
 
 
 
 
"Awww, this is so touching!! Now I feel like crying too."
 
 
 
 
"So cuteeeee!"
 
 
 
 
"I am going to cry!"
 
 
 
 
"Tissues! I NEED TISSUES!"
 
 
 
 
"Hyung hyung! We did the right thing!"
 
 
 
 
I flushed at their comments and darted my eyes to the ground immediately, feeling exceptionally conscious of myself especially after witnessing an excited Seungri was bouncing up and down at his seat while hitting Jiyong's right arm, the latter whom was flashing a particularly charming smile. Aigoo, how embarrassing...
 
 
 
 
People say that time flies when you're having fun and boy, they weren't lying for the next thing I know, I was walking Junsu to the door after what seems to be minutes of chatting and laughing, for the latter had a schedule to attend while I fought against the all-too-familiar sting in my eyes again; knowing it could literally be years before I see Junsu again.
 
 
 
 
"Don't. Don't cry, you have my number and I promise I will text you everyday until you get sick of me."
 
 
 
 
Hugging the idol back, I sniffled a little before replying with a knowing smirk, "Please, you just want to know what Taeyeon unnie does everyday."
 
 
 
 
Junsu broke the hug with a squeak and faint blush spreading across his cheeks, "I-I do not! Plus, we've broken up ages ago!"
 
 
 
 
"You could always get back together. I mean, it's not as though you two broke up because you guys don't love each other anymore but over some childish argument."
 
 
 
 
In response, Junsu merely let out a sigh and snuck a glance towards Taeyeon who was watching Junsu from the corner of her eyes, her longing towards Junsu evident despite her trying her best to hide it. "I have to go now." said Junsu, backing away as he threw his hands up, "You look like you're seconds away from crying and I'm going to cry the minute you do so. I will call you as often as I can, take care... and take care of Taeyeon for me."
 
 
 
 
With a backward wave, I watched as Junsu disappeared down the corridor before shutting the door, knowing that the girls and I had to wait a little before we could leave the room to avoid being seen together with Junsu. Without words, I walked over to where Taeyeon was to give my leader a tight hug, knowing that if there's anyone who was going to miss Junsu more than me, it would be her. It was only when we were about to leave that I got up and hug each of the Big Bang members, "Thank you... words really cannot express how grateful I am towards you guys for setting this meeting up. Thank you, thank you, thank you." The Big Bang members were slightly startled by my gesture but recovered enough to return the hug, "No problem, I'm glad that we were able to help."
 
 
 
 
My Soshi members too, nodded and smiled in thanks; particularly Sooyoung and Jessica since they too were able to spend some time with Junsu earlier on as well. Jubilant, I was going to reach for Sooyoung's outstretched hand when a grip on my right wrist halted me. Trailing my eyes up the arm, I found myself staring into Jiyong's eyes, tilting my head a little as I wondered what he was up to, noticing his nervous yet serious demeanor.
 
 
 
 
"Yoona-ssi, would you like to go out for dinner with me someday?"
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Annyeong Yoroboon!
 
 
Right, a few of you guys were asking where Yoochun is so I just decided to take the chance to address the question here; I have other plans for Yoochunnie so he isn't going to appear again just yet. Simply bcoz I don't think its interesting and realistic to a certain extent if everyone is so forgiving etc etc. Those who are waiting for Mr Park, just wait for his turn to do his part for this story, okay? :) 
 
Next up, thank you gonedragon, cat817, sheahra, hannahxsweetheart, yoonasobeautiful & haemia for subscribing! :)
Not to forget, thanks to: gonedragon, lindatembam82, migore_lela, yoong-yeoshin, , Eunmi12, BBsoneprincess, 1380MC, michiusa & afiercesong for commenting. Kekeke, I see new faces in the comments section! ^^
 
Also, kumawo gonedragon & lovedeeryoona for the upvotes!
 
Anyways, seems like it's GD that made the first move. Hehehe.
Let the lovely-dovey, courtship, romance jumbo and everything nonsensical begin!
 
 
See you guys soon,
 
xoxo, againhello.