Chapter 2 : After School

Do I Know You?

Jenny's POV:

It was after school, and I was about to walk home when Seungyeon stopped me.

"Where are you going? This is the best part of the day," she told me as she dragged me to the group of people I ate lunch with. Well, excluding a mysteriously missing Unnie, but it didn't really look like she'd enjoy whatever my newest friend had planned considering the mischievous look in her eyes.

"So what are we doing today?" Ricky asked Seungyeon, who was sitting on the ground because she was tired.

"We...are going to the noraebang!" she yelled, making it obvious that she was excited. 

[A/N: To those who are not familiar with Korean, a noraebang is a karaoke place.]

"Lets go!" Onew yelled and started running, and of course, being the clumsy person he is, he fell, causing people to laugh a few to help him out while they all shouted "ONEW CONDITION!"

"Oh that's our special 'condition' for him," Jonghyun explained, seeing the confused look on my face. "After all, I don't think anyone can be as clumsy as him."

Soon enough though, we finally got to the noraebang (after a few more scrapes and bruises) and as soon as we got into the room, Jonghyun grabbed the microphone and pressed a few numbers into the machine. A melody started playing, and everyone (except me, of course) groaned.

"He sings this song EVERY time we come here," Woohyun mumbled to me, as he face-palmed himself.

Jonghyun started singing in falsetto, and after a few seconds into the song, I realized he was singing "Good Day" by IU.

[Listen to the song! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-6StXKEzzw]

When he got to the '3 octave part' he attempted to sing it, but his voice cracked, and his face turned red. Everyone started laughing like crazy, and Jonghyun pouted before retuning to his seat.

"OUR TURN!" Sungyeol and Sungjong stood up and ran to the microphones. 

They typed in a few numbers, and a familar song started playing.

They were singing "Trouble Maker," and they were dancing, too.

[Watch this video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlZtSu5c5tc]

Being honest, I didn't know whether I should have admit that they did well, choke when Sungyeol actually TORE his shirt at the end, or laugh that Sungjong would have made a better girl. Good thing for his--or maybe everyone's--health that the missing eldest walked in AFTER the song was over. The crazier part? She had an extra large jacket on her that she lent to the babo who had ripped his shirt. Lucky for him. Now he wouldn't be jumped by crazy gay rapists. God forbid--and even I knew though I had only known Sooyeon for less than a day--that had she walked in while Sungjong and Sungyeol were dancing so close...well, it was safe to assume that all hell'd break loose.


Sooyeon's POV:

"Familiar?" I muttered to him, breaking his train of thought. He looked around, but just as I had seen, everyone was too preoccupied laughing as Niel, Sungjong, Ricky, and Taemin were singing "Genie" by SNSD (and oddly enough, hitting the high notes decently well). He nodded slowly. 

"No idea...She looks and acts just like her..." He trailed off, his eyes on the glass cup in his hands. His fingers traced the rim before he took a sip.

" 'Just like her,' huh?" I repeated, my mind thinking. I stared down at the ice cubes in my water, my mind running back to a book I had read a few years back in physics class about Thermal Energy, and automatically doing calculations in my head to find out what the temperature would be when the ice had melted and how long it would take, including the temperature of my hands that was an average of body temperature, all the while, remembering that lone girl all those years ago. 

"Maybe it's not so far-fetched," I mumbled, beginning to count the seconds off in my head.

"She died," he reminded me, his tone warning and fearing.

"Did she?" I stated more than questioned, knowing the true answer and knowing that he also knew.

"She died," he repeated, as if to convince himself more than me. I sighed, knowing that his mental pain couldn't be reached by me, his friends, nor Seungyeon. I drank down the last of my water just as the ice melted and placed it on the table.

"It was my fault," he whispered, a crack appearing in the glass from his tightening grip. I pulled the cup from his grasp and placed it beside mine before standing up, taking his hand in mine.

"We're going," I announced, giving them a bored look. They waved us out and even if he didn't notice, I did: the slight, but knowing nod of Seungyeon and the confusion that had burned into the odd jealousy Jenny felt. I turned, walking out the door and leading him, literally to the park and figuratively into the chance of a lifetime.

I gave a regretful smile as he walked obediently behind me. (Soon....So soon, he'll let go of my hands.)


Double update~! Haha, I had no idea this chapter was going to go up today. (: 

Hope you guys like the chapter! Next one will be longer, hopefully. ^^

-NinjaaCupcake [Jenny]

Hope you liked it. :)

Thanks for your support and thanks NinjaaCupcake for your 'help' on the chapter.

-KoreanGal5 [Sooyeon]

PSSH. I wrote like, 15 lines.

-NinjaaCupcake