Chapter 15 : Aiming For the Target

Do I Know You?

Myungsoo's POV :

I was walking down the street when I saw them. Jenny and Kai. They were at Starbucks; hanging out? On a date? After I saw them, I walked to Jenny's house. And waited for about 30 minutes until she came. I was going to bring up the topic. I HAD to. But I just couldn't. I didn't want to be a clingy jealous boyfriend. They we're probably just hanging out, right? I hope so.

She invited me to her house. So I went in. But I kept thinking about her and Kai. So I left and went home. She didn't seem to be nervous or hiding anything, but I was still worried. What if she's cheating on me? No, she'd never do that. 

"Myungsoo."

I looked up and saw Sooyeon-Noona. She studied me for a second before she sat down next to me.

"What happened with you and Jenny?" she asked, scanning my eyes.

"Nothing," I mumbled, looking at the floor. I knew that I'd have to tell her sooner or later, but I didn't feel like talking about it right now.

"Hmm..." Sooyeon-Noona was silent and waiting, as she always was. Without thinking, the truth began spilling out of me and I couldn't help it.

"Don't worry," Sooyeon-Noona comforted, finally speaking after my monologue. She looked me in the eyes, the surprisingly calm and steady brown like a lifeline. "Jenny loves you but..." 

Her gaze pulled away from mine.

"Jenny loves you...but Kai loves her," she admitted softly. I stood, feeling a rage--a jealousy I realized--course through my veins.

"Myungsoo," she called harshly and I calmed a bit. I took a shaky breath.

"Do you love Jenny?"

What kind of question was that?

"Of course," I answered, curious.

"If you love her, then trust her," she ordered.

"But what if he makes a move on her?" I questioned, grinding my teeth.

"You wait for Jenny to tell you. Don't bother with all the gossip that comes from articles (since he is in EXO) and people and wait for Jenny to tell you. Then, you forgive, forget, and move on," she explained calmly.

I thought for a moment, imagining it.

"I can't do that," I admitted, sitting back down tiredly, feeling the rage that never seemed to cease.

"You can and you will," Sooyeon-Noona encouraged with such force that surprised me. I looked into her eyes, smoldering with a passion that I didn't realize she had. "If you don't, the two of you won't work out."

All the rage left my body as I suddenly felt cold. We wouldn't work out? But...

"...Sooyeon-Noona...why do you sound so...knowing?" I questioned. "As far as I know, you've never gone out with anyone."

"Myungsoo," she called softly, sighing. "We're adopted siblings. You were adopted only a few years ago...Seungyeon and I...we have our own secrets that have yet to come to light."

"I told you all about Jungwon-err Jenny," I pointed out, feeling a bit betrayed. She looked at me seriously for a moment.

"Hmm... You know that Seungyeon and I moved from California a year before you got adopted. I actually had a boyfriend before. The same thing happened to us except that we didn't work out in the end. He didn't stop to listen that the boy was my childhood friend...who I admit had a boyfriend himself...and so that was it. Seungyeon ended up beating him up and got kicked out of the school, so we moved here. A fresh start," she admitted with a reminiscient expression.

"You had a boyfriend?" I asked, my eyes wide open. I regretted saying it when the words came out of my mouth. I expected a smack on the head, but instead, she smiled.

"Yes, there are lots of surprises in the world," she mumbled and stood up. Her expression suddenly became serious. "Remember what I told you."

I watched her as she walked away, one step at a time.

I thought about what she said. I wanted us to work out. More than anything. So I'd try. I'd trust her.


Kai's POV :

I've loved her since 6th grade. But I didn't even realise that I'd liked her until I left. I missed her every day, every hour, every second. I thought of her 24/7.

And then a few months later, I regretted leaving. But I knew it was too late to leave. If I left EXO right after the debut, I knew that hell would break loose. We had a lot of fans, and they would do anything to get me back. 

So I worked harder. For Jenny. I worked so hard I injured my back. But I didn't care. I kept going. I refused to go to the hospital. I worked hard that I nearly gave my fellow members a heart attack when they saw all the blood, sweat, and tears I shed. 

I worked so hard.

Worked until I literally couldn't even move.

And yet, when I returned after so long to see her again, I had lost my chance. 

She was with another guy, one who had the nerve to glare at me while she looked away, but immediately had his facial expression soften when their eyes met. I kicked the trashcan, hurling ripped papers and empty, crushed soda cans everywhere. I let my anger take over as I just expressed my regret. Was it minutes? Seconds? Or perhaps it was hours? 

All I knew was that at the end, the practice room was filled with the destroyed contents of the trashcan and the ripped pieces of my heart. I breathed harshly, leaning against the mirror wall as my hand rested on the cool glass.

D.O, ever the mother, walked in, stopping mid-sentence.

"Hey Jongin do-" 

Even without the reflection, I could see his eyes widen and jaw drop.

"Kim Jongin!" he shouted, ready to reprimand. I turned weakly to him and whatever scoldings he had dropped and he rushed beside me, holding me by the shoulders.

"Jongin?" he called with worry. "Jongin!"

I barely heard his shouts. All I could feel was the sudden exhaustion I felt.

I no longer had the same purpose as before.

And it hurt.


Hope you liked the chapter. Not bad right? Especially for the co-author who hasn't been present for the last few chapters. XD
-KoreanGal5

HI GUISE <3 I love this chapter. Do you? <3 haha, I'm so happy. you know why? I'M GOING TO KCON <3 I'M GOING TO SEE MY ZELO BABY AND LUHAN AND KRIS AND AND AND

I'm going to stop there. LOOL. Anyways. whoever's going, we should meet up or something~ pm me :3  bye bye ~
-NinjaaCupcake