Chapter 13 : Birthday

Do I Know You?

Jenny's POV:

Today is the day. I'm dying my hair. (A/N: Gray words are the characters' thoughts.) I looked in the mirror and played with my blond hair. I sighed and walked out the door with my bag. I headed for my favorite hair salon when I got a text.

Hey, what are you doing? -Myungsoo

I smiled and sent a reply.

Heading to the hair salon! I'm getting my hair dyed to a less-bright color. Light brown, maybe? What about you?

I'm stuck at home with Seungyeon. She's yelling at me for eating the last piece of chocolate. Save me T_T

Haha, I'll go over after I get my hair dyed! Bye!

In no time at all, I reached the salon. I walked in and greeted the person at the register.

"Haircut?" She asked, as she typed something into the computer.

"No, I'll be dying my hair today."

"Okay, a stylist will be with you in a minute," She told me without looking up from the computer.

I walked to one of the chairs and sat down. 


I walked into the Kims' house and went into the kitchen, where I found Seungyeon looking into the fridge.

"Ahem," I eyed her carefully. I knew she was in a bad mood, so I had to be careful.

"What?" She glared at me.

"I brought chocolate," I informed her, holding up the plastic bag in my hand.

She smiled.. She grabbed the bag out of my hands and disappeared into her room.

"Jenny!" Myungsoo walked in and gave me a hug. 

I raised my eyebrow. "Why is Seungyeon being so weird today?"

"I don't know. Sooyeon says it might be because of the hot weather." ​Must be genetics.

He touched my hair. "It's pretty. You're pretty."

"And I wasn't pretty before?" I crossed my arms.

"No! I mean, you were pretty before but you're pretty now and-"

"Okay, okay. I get it." I interrupted. He led me to the living room. 

"Movie?" He held up a DVD. 

"Sherlock Holmes? Yes!" I did a little dance before sitting on the couch.

He chuckled and the TV. He put the movie in and sat down next to me.

A few minutes into the movie, his arms wrapped around my waist. I smiled and laid my head on his shoulder.


Seungyeon's POV:

I ran up to Sooyeon's room as soon as Jenny gave me the chocolate.

"Sis! Jenny is distracted," I told her, even though I knew that she knew.

"Everything's done," She picked up a book and started reading.

"WHAT? I WANTED TO BE PART OF THIS TOO!" 

She rolled her eyes. "You were too busy looking at pictures of No Minwoo. You shooed me away when i tried to tell you the plans."

I glared at her.

"So the surprise party is going to be at Jonghyun's house, since it's the closest house from here. They're decorating right now and we'll take Jenny and Myungsoo there. You know the rest," She explained as she continued reading the book.

"Yeah yeah," I walked out, rolling me eyes. How come they didn't do this on my birthday? What does Jenny have that I don't?

"Aegyo," I could imagine Sis saying.

I could do aegyo.... Okay, maybe not.


Jenny's POV:

When the movie was over, Seungyeon ran into the room.

"Jenny! We have to go to Jonghyun's house! He got into a fight with Changjo!" She yelled.

My eyes grew wide and I ran to the house, Seungyeon and Myungsoo by my side. It's a good thing Jonghyun's house is only a block away...

We got there in a few minutes. I opened the door and ran in. Why are the lights off?

"Happy Birthday!!!" 

My eyes grew wide. I stared at everyone in the room. Infinite, SHINee, and Teen Top were all here.

"Wait, what about Jonghyun and Changjo?" I asked to no one in particular.

Seungyeon smirked. "They never got in a fight."

I rolled my eyes. "Thank you guys!" 


About an hour later, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked back and saw... KAI?!

"Kai!!!" I squealed and hugged him. 

I pulled back and asked him, "How are you? How's EXO?"

"I'm doing good, EXO is debuting soon."

"Who is this?" Myungsoo eyed him suspiciously.

"This is Kai. He's an old friend from America. He moved when he got accepted into SM academy. Kai, this is Myungsoo, my boyfriend."

They both nodded. Awkward...

"Jenny! It's time to open presents!" Jonghyun came running up happily. Thank God.

I smiled and walked over to the table, where everybody else was. 

"Woah." My eyes grew wide. There was a huge pile of presents.

Myungsoo chucked. "I made sure to invite lots of people so my Jenny would get a lot of presents~" 

I giggled and started opening the presents.

Sooyeon got me a book, Seungyeon got me a box of chocolates, Jonghyun got me couples shirts for me and Myungsoo, and Changjo got me socks. Kai got me a giant pucca doll. He used to call me pucca all the time when I lived at America.

Myungsoo got me... a ring. It was silver, and had an infinite sign on it. It was beautiful.

il_570xN.341073212.jpg

"Oh, thank you!" I gave everyone a big hug.

"I'll put all the presents in a bag for you," Sooyeon said, eyeing Kai carefully.

"Okay!" I didn't notice the awkward atmosphere because I was so happy.

When Sooyeon came back with the bag, I told everyone that I'd be leaving and walked out with Myungsoo. He insisted to carry the bag, because "It's heavy".

I stared at the stars as we walked. Suddenly, I felt him wrap his arm around my waist and pull me to his side. I looked at at him and he pointed at a pole. "You almost ran into it."

"Woops," I grinned and saw that we had arrived at my house. "Do you want to stay over? It's late."

My phone buzzed and I saw that there was a text from Sooyeon.

Don't even think about asking him to stay over.

I laughed and showed the text to Myungsoo.

"There's your answer," He said as he chuckled. He looked at his phone.

"Hey, It's 11:11!" We both exclaimed at the same time.

"Make a wish," He said as he closed his eyes.

I giggled and closed my eyes as well. I wish that Myungsoo and I will stay together forever.

I opened my eyes and saw that his face was right in front of mine.

"Aww, you opened your eyes too early!" He pulled back and frowned.

I laughed and gave him a peck on his cheek and hugged him.

"This was the best birthday ever. Thank you."

He nodded and pulled back. "I love you."

I smiled and said, "I love you more."