Chapter 3: Jealousy

Do I Know You?

Jenny's POV:

For the record, I know that I only had met all of these people only for a day, but when I saw one of my closest gal pals--techinically it's only one out of two, but whatever--as she walked down the halls, talking to the guy that I for some reason liked and found nostalgic, my heart broke. I turned around and though I knew I was being petty, I turned around and walked away. 

"Yo Jenny," Seungyeon greeted. I smiled naturally and returned the greeting, pushing the event from today and the day before into the back of my mind. (It so~ did not bother me that they held hands and left together. Nope! Not one bit!) Whatever connection between Sooyeon-Unnie and Myungsoo wasn't any business of mine. Even if it was, they knew each other longer--I mean, this isn't some type of manga where the new girl gets all the hot guys and gets bullied and stuff, right?

"Lunch!" Jonghyun cheered, almost falling on his knees and crying.

"Does he hate school that much?" I whispered to Seungyeon. She rolled her eyes in response.

"Worst in the class," she muttered back. We walked into the cafeteria and as the sea parted for us we searched for a good seat. Used to the abnormal sea-parting, I busied myself with looking for SHINee, Teen Top, or Infinite, anyone we knew actually. A sudden pull on my arm and a loud, shouted greeting from Seungyeon let me know that she had found someone. 

"Yo pretty boys!" Seungyeon joked, grabbing the nearest one, Changjo, into a headlock while laughing. He complained and after a few more seconds of torture, Seungyeon let the poor boy go.

"SHINee getting our food again?" I asked, taking a seat at the end. 

"Naw! Infinite is this time," CAP answered as Niel and Ricky both suddenly argued about who was manlier and began to prove it in arm-wrestling. Seungyeon and I looked at each other before smirking.

"You thinking what I'm thinking?" she asked, winking.

"Yup," I answered. We both wrapped our arms around one of the boys' eyes--I had Ricky--and using our other hand, smashed their hands onto the table.

"We win," we both declared, stepping away quickly and sticking out our tongues.

"That wasn't fair!" Ricky pouted.

"Cheating!" Niel agreed. A sharp pain registered from the back of my head and screaming bloody murderer, I jumped behind Seungyeon who groaned.

"Sis!" she complained. "We're just playing around!" 

I peeked behind Seungyeon and sure enough, Sooyeon stood there, book in hand and explanation to our newest bruises visible. 

"It's not nice to insult a man's pride, whether they actually have one or not," she justified. I pouted, sticking out my tongue.

"Killjoy!" I chanted jokingly. 

"Party pooper!" Seungyeon joined in and we laughed together. I glanced at the unhappy girl before my smile fell. Behind her was Infinite and included in them was Myungsoo. I pulled my smile back up and half-expected something, but was surprised when he just rolled his eyes and took a seat. The rest of Infinite followed and chaos ensued as everyone wrestled for food. 

"You didn't get any?" Sooyeon asked, worriedly, somehow adept at grabbing the food just before everyone lunged for it. 

"I'm kind of scared to interfere in the war," I honestly admitted. She rolled her eyes before turning her gaze to Myungsoo. He looked up mid-bite, his cheeks puffed up like a chipmunk. (God that's so cute and hot.) I resisted the urge to drool right then and there as Sooyeon raised an expecting eyebrow. I turned back to her, confused.

"Is something supposed to hap-?" 

A cheeseburger hit me on the head. I almost screamed about aliens, but Sooyeon gave me a knowing look and nodded her head in Myungsoo's direction.

"It's my favorite kind!" I realized, taking a huge bite. 

"Gomawo!" I thanked in between chews. He turned his head away from me and confused once again, I went back to eating.


Seungyeon's POV:

Oh. My. God. Sis was not kidding. Jenny acted exactly like that girl and what was crazier? He was being nice to her! Nice! I mean, he's always nice-ish--though I prefer calling him a spoiled brat--but nice enough to give her food? Oh, I was so going to give him hell later. 

The minute school ended, actually, I practically ran up to the male and jumped on him. He grunted as he tumbled to the ground and I sat on his back, smirking.

"So I heard Mr. Hotshot had a special girl in mind," I teased. He grumbled something under his breath.

"Repeat," I demanded.

"Get off of me! You're heavy!" his muffled voice cried against the dirt and dust. 

"That's rude you know! Never say that to a girl! If you say that to the girl you like, I can 100% guarantee tha-OW! Why are you always popping up now?!" I complained, turning back and yelling at who I knew was Sis with her hard-covered book of doom. 

"Get off," she ordered and obediently (though with a huff), I got up, rolling my eyes.

"Sis you're too nice. After this, he's not going to have a proper upbringing of hating girls and then get jumped later because of you," I explained, knowing that she was listening as she helped Myungsoo up.

"Violence is not the answer." 

"Okay, thank you Professor Philosphy," I rolled my eyes, once again. 

"Myungsoo's going through a hard time right now. Don't make it worse for him," she warned, glaring at Seungyeon.

"Isn't he supposed to be jumping with joy right now? I mean, the love of his life--or maybe a clone--appeared in his life again. Isn't he supposed to be happy?"

"It's not that simple, Seungyeon."

This went on for a few more minutes, until I realized that Myungsoo was gone.

"Hey--where's Myungsoo?" I wondered. Maybe he went home?


WEE! Short chapter. My co-author is gone on a journey to San Fransisco. Lucky . -___-

Anyways. Cliff hanger! You likey? Eheh. I hope so.  Comment please! I love loud readers. Comments are my motivation <3 Oh, and subbies too! (:

-NinjaaCupcake [Jenny]