Chapter 11 : Acceptance

Do I Know You?

Myungsoo's POV:

I walked into my room when I saw a piece of paper on my desk. 

Come to my room. Let's talk 

I recognized the writing immediately. I guess that she wanted to talk about Jenny... Or Jungwon. Or both. I walked to her room, and before I could open the door, the door was opened by Sooyeon. I walked in and as always, took a seat on her chair while she seated herself on the edge of her bed.

"So," Sooyeon started, "You probably came to the conclusion that Jenny is Jungwon."

I shook my head. (This is the first time she's wrong about my feelings...)

"I'm surprised; you still haven't accepted the fact that Jungwon isn't dead?"

"Jungwon died. It was my fault."

"It wasn't your fault she got in a car accident."

"She was coming to our house! She was coming to our house and she got in a car accident. I told her to come to our house. It was my fault!" I stood up and walked out the room. I walked out of the house and ran. I was running for about 5 minutes when I found myself in front of Jenny's house.

I walked to the door, and rang the doorbell.

She opened the door. 

"Myungsoo! What are you doing here? It's almost midnight!" She looked surprised.

"Jungwon."

Her eyes grew wide. She laughed nervously.

"What are you talking about? I'm Jenny. Maybe you're at the wrong hous-"

"You're Jungwon. You're Jungwon. You didn't die." 

Jenny sighed. She opened the door wider and told me to come in. 

She sat down on the sofa, and nodded towards the space next to her, as I did at the park.

"I'm guessing you want an explanation," She eyed me carefully.

I nodded.

"Well... When I got into that car accident... I... I lost my memory."

My eyes grew wide. (Amnesia?!)

"All of it? Or..." I asked.

"All of it. And my mom thought moving to California would be good for me... Start fresh, you know? Anyways. A few years after we moved to California, my parents had a hard time adjusting to life there... So we moved back here. My mom came to the same place on purpose, hoping my memory would come back. It's not working," She sighed and looked at me. "Sorry for not telling you..."

I looked away from her, as tears threatened to fall.


I visited her everyday after she got into that car accident. I brought food everyday, hoping she would wake up. One day, a month after the accident, Jenny's mother talked to me.

"I appreciate you coming here but..." She paused. "I think... I think it'd be the best if you didn't come here anymore."

I looked at her in disbelief. 

"Why?" I asked her, my heart beating faster and faster.

"The doctors don't think she'll make it... You shouldn't waste your time here, when you could be studying, or hanging out with your friends."

That was when I stopped talking to people.

After "The Talk", I stayed at home. I didn't go to school for a week. I was broken. 


Jenny's POV:

"Myungsoo..." I called. I walked up to him and grabbed his hand. "Please. I don't want our friendship-" I coughed. "-to become... awkward. Let's just act as if this didn't happen. Please?"

He turned to me, after about 30 seconds.

"Jungwon... I missed you..." He stood up and pulled me into a long embrace.

He pulled away after a minute or so.

He held my hand and pulled me out the door. We walked for a few minutes when I found ourselves at the park. Not just a park. The park. 

He sat down on one of the benches and I sat next to him.

"Jungwon, d-" He started.

"Myungsoo. Just... Just call me Jenny. I feel more comfortable that way."

"Jenny, do you remember anything? About... Us..?"

I shook my head slowly.

"Did your mom tell you anything?"

I shook my head again.

"Well, I guess it'd be better to start over."

"What do you mean?"

"You'll see, " He said, and stood up. "Let's go."

We walked in silence, and I saw a pond. A pond with a few water lilies, and fish.

He sat down on the grass, and I sat next to him.

The moonlight reflected against the water, and the grass was wet with dew.

"Jenny," Myungsoo call to get my attention. 

I looked at him, and watched him pull out a small box. He handed it me.

"Open it."

I did as he told me, and saw a necklace and an infinity sign on it.

infinite-style-mobius-necklace-silver2.j

"I was going to give you this the day you got into that car accident," He explained.

He leaned in. My heart started beating faster and faster. I actually thought he was going to kiss me, and I realized, he was only putting the necklace on me. 

"Thank you," I looked away to hide my red face.

"What's wrong? Do you not like the necklace?" He asked, worried.

"No! I love the necklace!" I assured him. 

"Are you cold?" He suddenly asked. I hadn't been paying attention to the temperature- it was freezing.

I started shivering and he chuckled. He took off his jacket and helped me put it on. (What a gentleman!)

He suddenly stood up- and helped me up, of course- and said, "Let's go to the playground."

I followed him to the playground. We sat on the swings. 

"Jenny," He started, "What you said at the sleepover... Did you mean it?"

"Huh?" I asked, wondering what he was talking about. Then it hit me--he was talking about the truth or dare.

"You know what I'm talking about," He looked away from me.

"Yeah," I answered, "Yeah I did."

He looked at me and smiled.

"I like you too, Jenny."

Those 5 words repeated in my head, and I could feel the heat rushing to my head.

"So I was wondering," He stood up and walked in front of me. He grabbed my hand and pulled me up. 

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked me, and I could feel his nervous-ness. 

Heart. Beating. Faster. Faster.

"Yes," I whispered. I felt as if my heart was going to explode.

He smiled, pulled me into his embrace.

He pulled back and held my hand. 

"Let's go home."

"What, is there another sleepover I don't know about?"

"No, I mean, I'll walk you home."

I smiled and squeezed his hand. 

"Thanks," I whispered.

"Anything for you," he muttered, slowly turning pink. Normally, I would have , but I could feel my own cheeks turning pink so I stayed silent as he walked me back, a smile crawling on my face the whole way.


Proud of NinjaaCupcake. Wrote the whole chapter (minus 3 lines) by herself. 

-KoreanGal5

You should be proud <3 Haha. Anywayss. Oh gosh. more than 110 subbies  :D I thought when I first started this, I'd get like, 5 subscribers? ahah! Anyways. Comment and subscribe guys! 

-NinjaaCupcake