Chapter 4: Confusion

Do I Know You?

Myungsoo's POV:

I ran. I couldn't take it anymore. After Seungyeon said that I should be happy, I was so confused. Shouldn't I be happy? But I'm not. I'm not mad--or sad--but I'm not happy either. Maybe I should see a therapist. Half of me wondered where Sooyeon-Noona was. She might as well sign up and become my therapist with all the tears, secrets, and (often stupid) arguments that people bring to her.

I ran full speed until I reached a playground--the place I always go to when I need to think. I sat on one of the swings and sighed, thinking as my legs scraped loosely against the sand. I stayed there until I felt something--something wet--on my arm. I felt another one. And another. It was raining.

"Damn it," I mumbled to myself as I stood up and ran towards my house. I saw a figure on the sidewalk while I was running. As I got closer, I realized that it was Jenny. 

"Myungsoo?" 

I looked at her, she had on a loose black sweater and dark skinny jeans. Maybe they were just dark because of the rain I pondered without real reason. I noticed that she had an umbrella too, except she wasn't using it. She let it hang, closed, by her side.

"What are you doing here? It's late," I stated, wondering why she wasn't using her umbrella. (There's something weird about this girl...She doesn't seem as...happy as before.)

"I... was just thinking..." she said quietly, looking at the ground. Her eyes didn't meet mine. I grabbed her umbrella and opened it. I put it over our heads and led--well dragged, considering that she was quite literally dead to the world--her to my house. By the time we got there, we were drenched and the umbrella hadn't been much use. 

"Bringing girls to the house at this hour? Seriously? What are you going to do-" Seungyeon started, and noticed that the girl was Jenny.

"Jenny! Hey! Stay here, okay?" she requested not-so-subtly before she dragged me to her room.

"Dude! Seriously? Why did you bring her here? She doesn't even know that we're siblings!" she yelled, glaring at me.

"It's raining," I answered, walking out of the room. "She's going to find out sooner or later anyway."

"Fine," she mumbled, and I could literally feel her glaring at me.

"Besides, your shouting can't be more obvious," I teased lightly, leaving the room and dodging the lamp that was aimed at my head.

"Do... Do you guys live together?" Jenny asked, confused.

"We're siblings," I explained shortly to her and her eyes grew wide.

"Wait so...So that...That means... That Sooyeon-Unnie is your sibling too?"


Jenny's POV:

Oh god. Myungsoo and Sooyeon-Unnie are siblings. That's why they were holding hands and...and...I am so stupid.

"Jenny, you can stay here tonight, since it's late, okay?" Seungyeon told me, as she handed me dry clothes. "Change into these, unless you want to catch a cold."

I changed in one of the bathrooms and followed Seungyeon to her room, not really paying attention to the clothes. 

"Sis should be coming home soon. She'll probably be better at this whole 'not-getting-sick' thing," Seungyeon stated, sitting on her bed. I stood there slightly awkwardly before deciding what the heck and sitting beside her. The two of us sat in silence and just as I opened my mouth to start some conversation, a door opened and slammed closed.

"Finally!" Seungyeon grumbled, grabbing my hand. "Yo sis! Myungsoo brought Jenny over and they're both soaked! An-"

"Muo?!" a familiar voice shouted, louder than I thought she ever could. 

"Uhh...hi?" I greeted unsurely. She took my hand and dragged me to the bathroom, closing and locking the door before stripping me despite my protests. She pushed me into the bathtub and with practiced movements, the water so that it was just right. When the water had filled up a considerable amount, she pulled out a showerhead and began to wash my hair, grumbling to herself about stuff as I tried to kill the pink in my cheeks. (That was definitely one event I never EVER expected.) 

Before long, she pulled me out of the tub and while I dried myself, she gave me an outfit, warmer and...different from the one Seungyeon gave me. Afterwards, she dried my hair quickly with a towel and tossed me to Seungyeon.

"Fix her hair because we all know I can't and then get some sleep," she ordered, looking at the girl beside me with a steady stare.

"Yes ma'am," Seungyeon answered mockingly, throwing in a teasing salute. Sooyeon rolled her eyes before turning down the hall and entering another room. Through the open door, I saw her pull a complaining Myungsoo out and into the bathroom, locking the door. Seungyeon was blowdrying my hair to finish drying it as I heard shouts ring out from the bathroom, barely heard over the sound of the blowdryer.

"Why didn't you take a shower?!"

Her voice was clearly upset.

"Wha-?! G-Get out! I can take a shower by myself if I need to!"

From the sounds of struggle, I could guess that she was stripping him like she had to me. I turned red at the thought.

"Myungsoo!"

By her tone--and the loud splash--I could pretty much guess that he was pushed into the tub.

"Don't you find this embarrassing at all?!"

His indignant tone made me giggle.

"Shut up!" 

I heard a distinct snicker by my ear.

"Don't worry about it. You like Myungsoo right? Sis is like an Umma so-"

"Wh-Who said I liked him?!" I shrieked, turning around and missing the burning metal by a few inches. She laughed.

"Alright alright," she relented. "I'm just saying. I swear that Sis should just sign up to be a psychiatrist, therapist, day-care person, or something to just GET OFF OUR BACKS!"

"I HEARD THAT!" her voice called from the bathroom before her statement was once again directed at the poor male. "Hold still!"

"YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO!" Seungyeon yelled back, rolling her eyes. She turned back to me. "Seriously though. If you want to go for him--in the future--Sis only sees him as family. Trust me. If she didn't, she wouldn't be bathing him like a kid right now."

I honestly didn't know what to feel so I was silent in my own thoughts as Seungyeon fixed the knots in my hair and helped me with my part. The minute Myungsoo left the bathroom, red in the cheeks, Sooyeon appeared in the room, sleeping bag in hand. She was dressed in a pair of jeans and a short-sleeved black shirt. Her hair was up in a ponytail and guessing by the water spilled on her shirt, Myungsoo was uncooperative. She tossed the sleeping bag at Seungyeon.

"Guest gets the bed," she ordered before turning out the light, closing the door, and leaving us in darkness. Seungyeon grumbled to herself before unrolling the sleeping bag and before long, I could hear her soft breathes between the pitter-patter of rain. Slowly, I looked at the blaring red numbers on the digital clock--11:37 PM--before crawling under the cool covers. My eyes slowly adjusted to the darkness and soon, my thoughts were somewhat in order. There were several things I knew:

1. Seungyeon, Sooyeon, and Myungsoo were siblings.

2. I was at their house. 

3. Myungsoo and I had...some connection...somehow and for some reason, I liked him--a lot.

And...

4. The oldest of the three just stripped me and bathed me.

I had one final thought before my mind shut down from overload.

Wonderful introduction to the family.


Hello! NinjaaCupcake here. I did NOT ask my co-author to write this much. I wrote until the Jenny's POV. I am so proud. *ahem* Anyways. I hope you guys like the chapter!

-Jenny