Chapter 5: Skating

Do I Know You?

Jenny's POV:

The next morning, a Saturday morning actually, we decided to meet up at the ice rink. It was early winter and perfect whether to ice skate in, cold enough for the ice to not melt, but warm enough to not freeze our butts off. Since the mall that had an ice rink in it was less than a mile away from Sooyeon-Unnie, Seungyeon, and Myungsoo's home, we decided to walk there, despite the freezing weather.

"I don't want to walk!" Seungyeon complained, literally crawling out of bed. I was out of bed and getting ready though reluctantly. Being tossed out of bed to wake up was oddly familiar...and surprising. (Weren't guests supposed to be treated better?)

"Then stay here," Sooyeon-Unnie replied as she rolled her eyes and headed towards the door. She was dressed and ready. She had even cooked breakfast and eaten. From what I heard, she had also taken an early morning jog too. (Super mom or what?)

"NO!~ I'LL GET READY!" the girl quickly shouted in retort. Myungsoo snickered from his place at the table. He was wearing a grey, blue, and orange sweater and jeans. Around his neck was a matching black, blue scarf. 

infinite_L_kai-aakmann.png

I wondered how he looked so amazing in all outfits, but realized I was being kind of creepy and snapped out of it. I, on the other hand, had worn a long sweater, a beanie, and blue jeggings, courtesy of Seungyeon.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSq4gIl0pjPcJpHxJ39hcU

Sooyeon-Unnie was wearing a red, v-neck t-shirt--that she had given Seungyeon hell for--and jeans, because she was going to a bookstore in the mall instead. She had explained that she wasn't interested in ice skating.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQE07UDSWdsDBNhGIcT-uA

Seungyeon crawled out of her room, wearing a really loose hoodie that had Mickey Mouse and leggings. She finished the outfit with a few rings and a beanie.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSvHTN26EnklKERTdWTOI

"Let's go!" I shouted, pointing my finger into the air with a bright smile. I dragged Seungyeon and Sooyeon-Unnie and pulled them out of the house. They both smacked my head at the same time with their free hands after only a few feet. I let go and rubbed my head.

"Ow."

"Drag me one more time, you're dead," Seungyeon threatened.

"Yes ma'am," I mumbled, looking at the ground. I threw a look at Sooyeon-Unnie. "Ma'ams."

"Are we going or not," Myungsoo said, more like a statment than a question.

"Don't get your undies in a twist," Seungyeon drawled as she walked. "We're going. Sheesh!"

Sooyeon-Unnie slowed down to match her pace, smacking the younger with what Seungyeon had explained to me in the morning was the hardcover book of doom, and the two began to bicker. This left me walking in silence with Myungsoo ahead of them. It felt a bit awkward and I thought of stuff to talk about.

(Weather? School? No. Siblings? No. Parents...Nah. Food? I do like food, but no. Games? What could I do with that?)

"Do you like dancing?" a voice softly cut into my thoughts.

"Huh?" I asked, feeling a bit stupid.

"Do you like dancing?" Myungsoo repeated, his eyes scanning my face.

"I do," I admitted, a bit grateful at the conversation. "But I'm more of a singer."

"I see," he muttered, silence falling with us once more. Eager to continue the conversation, I pushed the topic a bit more.

"What about you?" I threw back casually, glancing behind at the verbally fighting sisters.

"I like dancing too," he answered simply. 

"Do you sing?" I asked him, and then regretted it. Maybe I'm asking too much questions.

"I sing. I prefer dancing."

"Oh. Cool!" I smiled at him and he looked away. 

Before we knew it, we were at the mall. 

"Yo! Over here!" Seungyeon yelled out when she spotted the Infinite, SHINee, and Teen Top members. We paid to get in, and the next thing we knew, Sooyeon-Unnie was gone. I whistled with admiration at her speed. (Wow...)

"Are you good at skating?" Jonghyun asked me, while I was putting on my skates with ease.

"Yeah. I'm pretty good, I guess. Should I help you with the skates?" I suggested as I watched him struggle to pull his skates on correctly. Before Jonghyun could reply, Seungyeon came up and dragged me to the rink. All offers for help forgotten, I immediately released myself from her grip and ran to the rink.

"Let's go!" I yelled enthusiastically, stepping on the the ice and skating a few feet. I turned around to see Seungyeon and the others struggling to get used to the ice. I laughed and skated over to them.

"Dude! How are you so good at skating?" Seungyeon asked me, almost falling. She was getting used to it--albeit slowly--and I saw a few of the males were getting the hang of it too. 

"I skate a lot. I'm used to the ice!" I went over to her and pushed her playfully.

"DO YOU SERIOUSLY WANT TO DIE?!" she yelled at me in a furious response. I giggled and ran away, knowing that she would never catch up to me on the ice. I whistled as I skated, taking a few slow laps to get used to it. Before long, we had all gotten our 'skating legs' and were skating around, laughing and playing around; Seungyeon also crashed into me a few times for revenge, but that was beside the point. Ignoring the random bruises of Seungyeon's 'revenge,' I couldn't recall the last time I had laughed quite this much. 

"You're it!" Jonghyun declared, tagging me by the arm. I smirked.

"Try and run!--err skate!" I challenged, catching up to the other males and tapping Chunji on the arm. He gave a cry of disappointment before chasing after Niel who was beside him. The game, before long, was soon mixed up and somehow or another, all of us were it. (How did that happen anyways?) 

All I knew at that moment was that I was happy and at that moment, nothing else mattered.


Hello! Hehe. Short-ish chapter. 8D

Next chapter will be much better ^^

-Jenny

Hi! Hope you liked it. :)

-Sooyeon