Chapter 1: First Day

Do I Know You?

Jenny's POV:

I felt all eyes on me as I walked into the classroom.

"Class, this is Jenny. She just transferred from America."

They all stared at me. Well, I think they were staring at my hair actually--which was blonde. (I should dye it into a less...eye-catching color soon. Hmm...black sounds nice...)

"Jenny, please sit next to Myungsoo there," the teacher, Ms. Choi, told me, as she pointed towards a guy at the back of the room.

I walked over and sat in my seat, opening my textbook. Before long, the bell rung. 

"Yo Jenny," one girl in my class drawled, walking towards me. Beside her were two other guys. "Wanna sit with us at lunch?"

I nodded, packing my things. (It's not as if I have a reason to say no anyways.)

" 'k. I'm Seungyeon. Call me whatever you want," she introduced. 

"I'm Jonghyun," one introduced. 

"You look like a dinosaur," I honestly stated, giggling.

"Yup. Mr. Dinosaur here is a flirt so watch out," Seungyeon warned with a smirk while he gaped. "This is Myungsoo. Don't worry about his 'calm and collected' face there. He's like that to...mostly everyone." I blinked before smiling.

"That's cool! I'm Jenny, obviously," I greeted as I followed them out of the classroom. I looked around. "The school's so big. And...is there a sea parting for us?" In front of us, the people moved out of our way almost naturally.

"Yup. There're...three groups. There are people who love Mr. Cool, friends of Mr. Dinosaur, and people who hate me," Seungyeon explained as we entered two large doors to the cafeteria. She sighed. "Now's the hard part."

"What's that?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"Finding a table...or two," Jonghyun answered, rolling his eyes. The group of four entered, looking around. Before long, a group of six were waving us over.

"Leave it to Infinite to get us the good table," Seungyeon snickered, slamming onto one side of the bench and, with a chain reaction, knocked the guy at the other end off.

"Hey!" he complained, pouting as everyone else laughed.

"Oh," Seungyeon stated, looking back at me. "These guys are Infinite. I guess you could say that they're one of the most popular dance groups in the school."

"Hi! I'm Jenny!" I greeted.

"That's Sunggyu, Hoya, and Dongwoo over there," she introduced, pointing at each person who waved with a good-natured smile. "These guys are Sungyeol, Woohyun, and the guy who fell off over there is Sungjong. Don't mind the girly guy."

"Hey!" Sungjong complained again.

"So where are you from?" Sunggyu--I believe his name was--asked as I took a seat. 

"California," I answered, looking around. "Shouldn't we get food or something?"

"Don't worry about that. SHINee's got us covered," Dongwoo waved off, turning to Seungyeon. "And isn't California where you and Sooyeon-Noona from?"

"Don't mention that place," Seungyeon grumbled, her mood visibly darker.

"We brought food!" a voice rang out.

"Finally!" the people around me shouted, lunging for the trays. Four people were trying not to get eaten along with the food and, fearing for my life, I wisely decided to wait until the war was over.

"Did you guys leave any for us?" another voice rang out, shoving another table into ours.

"Get it yourself," Seungyeon drawled. There were six more guys and a single, short girl. She looked at me.

"Oh yeah. This is Jenny. She's from California too and she's in our class," Seungyeon introduced, yawning. "Get her some food while you're at it."

"I'll introduce them to you," Jonghyun offered, gesturing towards the four boys who had gotten the food. "This is SHINee, a dance group that stands at the top of the school! There's Onew-Hyung, Minho, Key, and Taemin."

"Hey! Infinite is better!" Sungyeol whined, jokingly punching the male.

"No way!" Key argued back with a teasing smirk. 

"You guys are both bad, 'kay? Now shut up," Seungyeon interrupted, rolling her eyes. Key and Sungyeol pouted, crossing their arms.

"Oh, and this is Teen Top," Seungyeon added, gesturing her free hand at the six guys as she took a huge bite of the burger. 

"I'm CAP," the one who looked the oldest of the bunch greeted. "Over there's L.Joe, Ricky, Niel, Chunji, and Changjo."

"Are those all your real names?" I asked, knowing that 'CAP' and 'L.Joe' were not at the top of my own list to name my kids.

"Nope," Chunji answered amiably, smiling.

I stared at the final person, wondering if they would introduce her first or my stare would go on forever, before her eyes matched mine and she nodded slightly. She pulled on the sleeve of the black-haired boy--Ricky I could recall. 

"Ah! This is Sooyeon-Noona! She's the older sister of Seungyeon-Noona," he introduced, smiling brightly at me. 

"Hi," I greeted her, and she simply nodded at me.

"She's always like that. Sis, stop being shy and say hi," Seungyeon ordered as she rolled her eyes. In answer, Sooyeon only smacked the demanding girl on the head with a book.

"OWW. What was that for?" Seungyeon asked, in pain, as Sooyeon started reading her book. 

She looked up and said, "Shut up. Or else."

Seungyeon didn't dare to say another word.


Hello! This is NinjaaCupcake. Thanks for reading the first chapter of 'Do I know you?' ! I just want to say thanks to my co-author because she wrote most of this chapter. 

No kidding. KoreanGal5 here. -.- Anyways, hope you enjoyed all the chapter. :D Comments are awesome and hope to hear from you all soon. :)