Carbon (C)

Science of Love

Chapter 6 – Carbon (C)

Have you ever had a pet dog? I used to, well when I was younger and living at my parents’ house I did. Having a dog is almost like having a child in a sense; you have to teach them everything. From potty training to advanced tricks, the owner is the person solely responsible for teaching the dog everything they know (well besides the innate things) and a parent is solely responsible for teaching their child everything they can.

But if an owner is to a dog as a parent is to a child, what is to a clone?

He sat at the kitchen bench, looking lost and clueless – his eyes still as deer like as ever. The warm brown colour is almost inviting and yet it keeps you a fair distance away from him. I guess he was blessed to get the DNA combination he did receive.

“Alright, we are going to start to learn the name of colours.”

He nodded his head and took out his note pad and pen, decorated with his attempts at writing his name numerous times that is in Hangul of course and not Hanja or Chinese characters. His Chinese is what I would consider perfect, isn’t it amazing? A clone not even a month old has perfect Chinese just because his DNA is hypothesized to have come from that country.

“Borasaek.”

Pointing to my purple coloured shirt. He starred in confusion letting the new knowledge sink in before saying another thing. He repeated the word multiple times letting the feeling of it leave his lips, trying to figure out how to write it down in his notepad in a way that he could be able to read it without any help.

He is an independent guy, the type that you would want as your best friend. He doesn’t complain, well he hasn’t complained to me but then again I am the one keeping him alive.

The sounds of fist making contact to my wooden front door could be heard, and that meant only one thing – dinner is here! I’m a bad cook and to be honest, most nights I don’t even try.

“Alright Luhan, say here and read over your other notes for now.”

He nodded his head and I went off to collect our dinner. Opening the door, boy was I surprised to see who was there. It definitely wasn’t the delivery boy with my chicken nor was it Jongin or Sehun, no it had to be the one and only Kris Wu.

There’s an entire story about him, but I’ll skip to the important parts. He is an annoying brat who I used to study with back in high school. He ended up becoming a lawyer after he was rejected by multiple art schools because honestly, even a cow could draw better pictures than him. We actually used to be friends, okay maybe more than friends. Fine okay, we dated. But that is a completely different story and I swear I’m over him.

“What are you doing here?”

I attempted to be as spiteful as possible. Who does he think he does just prancing over here?

“The state government is suing you on the basis of keeping unlawful clones on your property without a permit or without any useful reason or use that will serve the wider community.”

He smirked. He flipped his hair. He walked off. He is arrogant. But how did he find out?

It’s only been a week since Lu Han has been here. I’ve taken a few days off work to be at home with him and if I’m at work, it’s only for a couple hours in the morning before I come back home anyways. I’ve swapped all the shifts so I can be at home with him as much as I can. And if I can’t come back, Sehun is usually here anyways. So how could anyone have known about this?

Feeling for my phone, I dialled a number I practically know off by heart now. 6 rings. Why won’t he pick up? Kim Jongin what is so important that you can’t pick up my phone call? Nothing can be more important than this at the moment. Fine, if he won’t pick up my call than I’ll call Sehun.

“Hello?”

At least this boy answers his phone.

“Sehun, I need you and Jongin to come to my place right away. Close off the lab, send everyone home. No one in there can touch anything anymore.”

“What for?”

I guess that’s natural to question it, after all I rarely ever shut down the building. Science is forever moving ahead of us, we can’t let it move too far ahead to the point that we can’t even catch up to it.

“Just do what I say.”

Sounds at the door could be heard again and this time it was the chicken delivery. Handing the boy some cash and telling him to keep the change, quickly I shut the door. I can’t let people see into my house now, I can’t run the risk of other people seeing Luhan. I need to get him out of here but what if there are people watching me? If there is surveillance on this house, I’m basically screwed.

But I can’t let him know this. I don’t want him to freak out or anything. I can’t handle him if he is scared. His brain is over loaded with everything he is currently learning, something like this could make him snap just like any normal person would though.

“Here you go, dinner is served.”

He smiles upon seeing the friend delicacy sitting on the kitchen bench in front of him. Reaching out, he grabs a piece before placing it into his mouth and munches away. Looking innocent like a young child. But then, I guess that’s just what he is, stuck in an adult’s body.

An owner is to its dog, as a parent is to their child and a scientist is to its clone. And I’m going to fight for mine.

 




I decided to add Kris in it because he is/was the only Exo member to fit into that role. He was my original member I used for that role when I first began writing this fic so I thought to keep him in his role so we are all reminded that even though he may not be with Exo at the moment, he will always still be in our hearts together with Exo! <3

Please let me know your thoughts and how I can improve! 
_uraqt