Aluminium (Al)

Science of Love

"What do you mean you haven't figured something out yet?" 

Kim Jongdae wasn't just annoyed, he was frustrated. ANd I guess he has every right to feel annoyed at me. He was the one attempting to find a way to help Luhan and here I was not finding a way to help him help Luhan. 

Both Jongin and Sehun suggested that I put him into a test or to work at the lab but I cannot put him through the trials of tests. I don't want to use him like a dummy or a toy. The tests in my lab aren't psychological, it's all physical - we search through the chemistry of people, we search through their cells and the chemical messages sent through. We break people apart and look at each part, piece by piece and thoroughly. 

I don't know how he will cope if he ever worked in the lab, what exactly would he do? I already have an assistant, well the entire lab has multiple assistants, and he doesn't' have any qualification to work in the lab beside an assistant.

So what am I supposed to do?

 "You've got to figure something out, time is running out. If I cannot make a case for Luhan's life, and show the judge that there is reason for his life, than you know what will happen. I've seen other cases before, and I can tell you that the people who do it are basically sadistic."

"Give me an idea than. I don't know what to do."

"I know you have said that your lab doesn't work with the psychological aspect of love but what if you do open that side up? Hire a couple of psychologists, get him to sit a few tests. It's the only way. "

If he thinks it's the only way, what choice do I have? I want to protect Luhan from the world of science, I want to shield him from the cruel world it actually is. You see those pictures of scientists in Lab coats with safety glasses, smiling and acting like it actually is fun but realistically, research is nothing like that. It's months and months of getting inconclusive results. It's months and months of frustration. Nights without sleep, days full of stress and anger. And if you think it's bad for us the researchers, it is much more harsh on the volunteers. One of the most frustrating thing for a researcher is when you are over half way with the procedure for the volunteer to pull out after, that means you lose all information previously involved with that person - meaning all research was for a waste of time. 

Leaving the office, I guess I'm disappointed that there isn't another way but it's for his life, and I will run to the other side of the world if it meant to save his life. 

Taking out my phone, I dial a number which I honestly dial too much. 

"Jongin, set up an employment advertisement."

"Not Jongin, but Sehun. Jongin is on his lunch break, but I'll do it."

"Lunch break? It's 3, isn't it a bit late for lunch?"

"Maybe, but it's his first break of the day. He didn't even stop before or morning tea."

"Hmm, strange one. Anyways, this ad, we are looking for qualified psychologists. Part time hours, to conduct psychological research."

"Why do we need a psychologists for?"

"Because it's to save Luhan, by the way, did you spin by my house before?"

"Of course I did Seyeon. Who do you think I am? An irresponsible, immature person?"

"Sounds exactly right. Was he okay?"

"Yeah, he was singing when I got there. He has a really nice voice by the way."

"Alright then, make sure you get the ad out. I have to go now because I'm pretty sure I just drove by police."

I can do this right? Wait, Luhan can do this right? He won't be too affected will he? Here's the thing though, now I have to come up with an idea of another experiment, one that I know won't harm him. One where I can still protect him. I've seen a few documentaries before, after those experiments some people never come out the way they went in. Some were traumatized, others lived a life of crime afterwards. I don't want that to happen to Luhan. I've met some who have been traumatized, some of them can't even leave their house. And you wonder why the government can spend so much money of psychological research where it can leave the volunteers broken and not into my field of research where the worse thing that could happen is death (which has never occurred by the way).