Oxygen (O)

Science of Love

Chapter 8 – Oxygen (O)

“I have an appointment with Mr Kim JongDae.”

The words came out of my mouth shaky and not stable. The nerves rushing through me, spilling out into my normal strong and assertive voice.  This is like no other thing though, this is not something normal. We never usually get sued, in fact the government usually saves us from it. But this time? They are the ones wanting to destroy us and destroy Luhan.

“Come right this way.”

The receptionist said, as she led me and Luhan down the hall into a room. The door was painted a sleek black with the letters KJD printed on them in cursive white. It looked fancy; the man sitting behind the door must be quite fancy as well.

She opened the door and motioned for us to move into the room. My heart was pounding; the uncontainable nerves threatening to become more noticeable. Threatening to destroy me right there and then.

“What can I do for you today?”

The man, Jongdae, said as he got up from his seat to greet me and Luhan. Polite but all business, this is definitely how managed to climb his way to the top. He Is in fact one of the best lawyers within the district.

“I need you to save his life.”

I said, motioning to the clueless looking Luhan. His eyes glimmered as the light reflected into them, his sheer innocence shining through it all.

“Look, his plastic surgery went fine. You can’t sue based on a small mistake. It’s in the contract you sign before you undergo it. And you won’t die just because your boyfriend doesn’t look the way you want him to.”

Jongdae sighed, dismissing us like we were pathetic people whose only care is appearances. But then again, I spend my life fussing over love. Maybe I am a shallow and pathetic person.

“Read this,”

I sigh as I hand, okay maybe I threw it at him. But can you blame me? I just want him to take this seriously, take Lu Han seriously.

“Hmm, so his a clone? And you’re trying to save him?”

“Yes, he was genetically created in my lab.”

“Why do you want to save him? He is just a clone after all. They’re not like you and me,”

And why did I think that this man, this Jongdae, would be different from anyone else?  He is just like all of them. A high paid lawyer who sits down most his days, living the luxurious life. He doesn’t have to worry about these things he probably owns a few clones himself as slaves and maids.

“Yes, he is a clone but he is my clone. He is just like any other person. He has a heart and it beats. His lungs expand and contract, bringing oxygen to him. He has a brain and can think, feel and learn. And he has feelings too so I would like you, if you are going to refer to him, to speak of him like any other human and not just care for the way he was created.”

“You seem to care a lot for him.”

“Indeed I do. I care for him, and in fact. I am the sole reason he is thrown into this position, into this hell.”

“I’ll do it. I’ll take the case. I will save his life for you.”'



A Short Update from me! I'm sorry that I kinda disappeared for a while, was just caught up with homework and things. My final exams begin in less than two months so I probably won't be updating much until after them! 

But tell me what you are thinking so far! 
:)
_uraqt