Nitrogen (N)

Science of Love

Chapter 7 – Nitrogen (N)

Nightfall has arrived. The dark skies dance with the bright and whole moon tonight. Luhan is peacefully in another land of sleep, dreaming in a place where he is not something illegal.

“You need a lawyer. And a good one.”

Jongin pointed out, but I already knew that. I will need a lawyer, and this lawyer has to be willing to work and fight with me. They’re heart has to be in it because if they don’t believe in clones, if they don’t believe in Luhan, they will never be able to fight against the state prosecutor.

“Hyung, honestly, Seyeon probably already knows that. And I bet she has a list of lawyers she has deemed worthy enough.”

Surprisingly enough, Sehun knows my thinking method.  Over the years I guess I haven’t changed much for him to be able to know that. I guess we’ve gotten to be all that close.

“You’ve got a list? Well then let’s see it.”

Jongin’s eyes widened in shock as he looked at the list; It had started with a list of around 50 names but each of them were crossed off until the last few. Whoever is representing me and my research must be perfect.

Kim Hyoyeon

Liu Amber

Nam WooHyun

Kim JongDae

Only two names remained uncrossed. There are only 2 other lawyers that can possibly represent me. That means I only have 2 hopes left. That is it, only two. Maybe, maybe, one of them can save my clone.

“There’s only two names left. What was wrong with the others before them?”

“Some of them were too dumb and others refused to represent me and a clone. Apparently they aren’t ‘real people’ according to some of them lawyers.”

Sighing, I answer Jongin’s question. I knew that question would come up. And I knew I would get that response from him. I’m not picky; I just want the best chances of winning. I’ve never liked losing before, even as a child I would be extremely competitive and must win. But this time, I am going to win and save Luhan’s life and destroy Kris while I’m at it.

“It’s too late to call them now, we’ll have to call them tomorrow morning then.”

Jongin commented. I never realised what time it actually was. I guess time does fly by nowadays.

I always wanted to know what it felt like to live in the time where electricity didn’t exist. I wanted to know what it is like to survive on just a candle and not have computers. I guess the technological advancement made us unappreciated everything. We just don’t appreciate all the little things in our life. I don’t think I’ve ever told Jongin or Sehun that I appreciate them. I can’t even remember the last time I actually told my parents that I loved them at a time where I’m not trying to hang up on them.

“Do you guys want to stay here for the night? I’ll give you guys a lift to work tomorrow when I got meet the last two lawyers.”

It’s late. It looks like the rain is about to hit. What happens if they get caught in the rain in that extremely low sports car of theirs? See, there is a reason for non-sports cars!

“We’ll be fine,” Jongin assure me before leading himself and Sehun out the front door after saying goodnight.

---

The sun rises and greets the world with its bright rays. The rays hits the Earth, warming this side of it up, forcing the civilians to start a dreadful day.

I have two lawyers left to talk to, but this time I’m going to go meet them personally and talk to them face to face. But not alone. Luhan will come with me, the lawyers are going to meet him and realise that he’s just an ordinary guy who hasn’t committed a crime. I know exactly what the government is going to do with him if they win, they are going to tear him apart and murder him whilst he is able to feel all of that. Is this what the world has come to? Heartless.

He looks clueless. I wonder what could be running through his mind. I told him we were going to meet a few very important people today but all he did was nod and smile.

The building looked cold and heartless but that’s what a lawyer is. All they care about is money. They could be representing a serial killer, who killed numerous people and yet they wouldn’t stop and think that this person actually deserved to be stuck in jail. But then maybe, they won’t stop fighting for Luhan’s life as well.

“Hi there, how can I help you?”

A receptionist asked me as I walked to the front desk. Her make-up had been a bit overboard, looking like she was trying ti impress someone but failing miserably.

“I have an appointment with Mr Kim JongDae.”

 

 



Please leave some feedback for me! 
What do you like so far? How can I improve? 
_uraqt :)