Fluorine (F)

Science of Love

Did I hear that right? Did this man say he will take the case on? The same man who was quick to jump to conclusions about this case? Something must have ticked inside his brain, regardless what it is, I am thankful it did. Now LuHan has a chance of living, he has the chance of surviving. 

"Sun Hee!" Kim Jongdae called for the receptionist who most likely is his assistant as well. "I need all my other appointments for today to be rescheduled to a better time. And if my mother calls about the wedding, tell her if she keeps calling about it she won't be invited."

And I always thought I was harsh to my mother at times but this man, he was worse. But maybe that's what makes him such a good lawyer? Maybe, it's the harshness he brings into the world that makes him unbeatable. If he could talk to his mother like that, how exactly did he find someone who wants to marry him? That's just another puzzling thing about love, what makes you want to love someone. Especially someone harsh like him. What is attractive about him? I can tell you, definitely not his personality. 

"Okay, so who is getting sued. You or your," He paused before motioning to Luhan. It takes people time to change, I guess I couldn't expect him to change his outlook in a few minutes.

"I am the one getting sued. It's all in the files."

Sighing, he picks up the file and begins to read it. is facial expression changes though. Does he want to give up this case? Does he regret saying he would help save his life?

"This may be a little hard to fight against. You do know the consequences if you lose right?"

"Yes, they will execute him,"

My voice becoming thin, weak and barely heard by the human ear but Luhan though, he could have heard it. There's so much unknown about his abilities, they can't take him away. 

"That's not the only thing they will do. Your license will be revoked and you will basically suffer through a career exile. You will never be able to get any other job to do with any sciences, including any teaching jobs or even just as an assistant. If you pleaded guilty now, they'll let you walk with your job as long as you trade him up."

"I can't trade him like a piece of fruit. A man is not a piece of fruit. You can't eat the orange and throw away the peel,' " 

Arthur Miller. His quote speaks to me. The quote comes from the play 'Death of a Salesman' and in this play, basically the main character feels old and out of date, unable to keep up with the new technological wave. This drives him to his own madness and eventual death. My fear for Luhan is that people won't accept him just because of how he was created. I don't want for him to be driven into madness. 

"Arthur Miller, interesting choice. But even he can't save you here. Are you sure you want to go through with the case?" 

"I am definitely sure. I refuse to let anything happen to him."

"We'll set up a meeting with the opposing counsel sometime within the next two weeks. We'll have to make up our case before that time, so I'll like to set up a meeting next week Monday for 1PM. Is that a good time for you?"

"Only a good time if you bring me lunch and move the place to my house. I go back home at lunch time to be with Luhan and to cook him lunch. SO if you bring us both lunch then we will be happy to meet you."

"Well then what do you guys want for lunch?"

And here he is, Kim Jongdae, attempting to reach out to both me and Luhan. Attempting to acknowledge Luhan as a person. 

"Surprise us. We like a range of foods." 

And with that, Both me and Luhan walk out of the room. Happiness is definitely something that washed over me. Relief is something that decided to embed in me though, but something I welcomed. 

 

 




Hey Guys, 
I'm back from my exams! Writing is really hard when you have to return after a while! I'm currently working on a novel outside of aff which I'm going to upload/publish on those online websites and will be about the world within my eyes, so the struggles I faced with my so called 'friends', boys and difficulties with my self harm. So look out for that when I finish writing it! 

Let me know what you are thinking with this chapter! 

_uraqt