Silicon (Si)

Science of Love

Sitting outside my office is approximately 15 fully trained psychologists, 15 people fighting for this one job I have open. 1 job that I wish they would not be able to do well in. Would this be considered sabotage? I am afterall, hiring someone for an impossible job. Just why did things have to be this complicated? Why did we not live in a world accepting of clones? Luhan is still a human, a human with a heart and the right to a life. So what if he was conceived in a lab? IVF babies are also conceived in a lab and yet no one complains about them anymore - it has been years since cloning technology has been perfected, just why can't we accept them?

Maybe, I have a different perspective for I am a scientist - these clones have allowed new information to be found. Honestly though, clones are reasons why most people are still living today and yet those exact same people complain about them existing too. 

Sighing, I open the door of my office letting the psychologist sitting inside my office out and the calling for another one to come in. 

"Kim Minseok?" I called as a man stood up with a bright smile plastered onto his face and entered my office. 

"Please take a seat," I indicate as I closed the door. 

"Tell me about your Mr Kim."

"There really isn't much to say. I'm a hard working person, and I always strive to do my best. Please, do call me Minseok. Hearing Mr Kim makes me feel old," he laughed as he handed me a hard copy of his resume, something that the other candidates did not do. These days, people believe too much in technology. 

"Okay then, Minseok, why do you believe you would be the best of this job?"

This question is a basic and simple one but you can tell who is being serious here and who isn't based on their eye movements. Our brains work in wonderful ways. Messages are always sent through, sometimes we just aren't aware of it.

"I guess it might be Cliche to say but I want to make a difference to the world. I want to help others." 

His eyes sparkled when he spoke those words. And I know he genuinely wants to make a difference - he wants to help. The others, you could tell via their eyes, that they were only saying words which made them appear more favorable for the job. Would he care for clones though. That's the main concern of mine. He needs to be able to show compassion for Luhan if he wants this job. 

"I need to know something Minseok. What is your opinion about clones and their role in society?"

"Well I guess Clones are people as well. Like, if we were just out on the street and a person passed us by, we wouldn't be able to tell if they were a clone or not. They're just like everyone else."

And there was the perfect answer.