Boron (B)

Science of Love

Chapter 5 - Boron (B)

My house is small, much like a cottage like building. In this day and age, it would be amazing if you could even own your own house with both a backyard and a front yard. Most people live in apartments now, just because it is much cheaper and there are more of it. When you can no longer build out, you have to build up.

Sitting around in my small living room, I offer them all drinks and snacks and to my surprise every one rejected it. We sent Kyungsoo home, he doesn’t need this extra stress, he needs to be with his wife.

“We can’t use him,” I attempted to sound as stern as possible. There is no way I am going to use this clone as an experiment. Besides the fact that his DNA is now combined and a recombinant DNA, something inside me told me not to.

“Agreed,” Sehun nodded his head. Honestly, Sehun doesn’t really have a role here as well but he has basically become another Researcher in our eyes and not just another assistant. Although he doesn’t have a title of a researcher, everyone basically treats him as one. I guess that’s the many benefits of being friends with your researchers and boss.

“What are we going to do with him?” Jongin asked, not taking his eye off the clone. This clone had the potential to beat Jongin in terms of appearances; he could potentially gather a larger line of woman wanting to go out on a date.

“There’s no other choice,” Sehun said, “we have to let him live.”

That was the only choice, we can’t use him and we can’t kill him either. We have to let him live, but how are we going to do that?

“But what are we going to do?” Jongin asked, trying to run through scenarios in his head.

“We’ll have to come up with an identity for him, give him, a back story and somehow get it into the database,” Sehun commented. This is not going to be an easy task, but then again, Sehun knew how to use computers and he knew how to use them well.

“We need to find the various DNA that was put in him; we have to at least be able to work out his age. But we can’t let this get out of hand, we can’t let the others know.”

Letting other people know would be disastrous, how would they react? I would most likely get fired, and not be able to get any other job for the rest of my life. Be forced to move in with my mum and get married to whoever she deems appropriate. And I definitely can’t let that happen.

“We’re going to have to do things off book,” Jongin said, rummaging through to my studying room to gather a pen and a few sheets of paper. “But for now, we have to give him a name and some sort of background.”

“He doesn’t look very Korean to me, I think he is more Chinese than Korean,” Sehun commented. Taking note of the clone, looking closely at his features.

“How can you just tell someone’s nationality just like that?” Jongin replied, giving Sehun a look which indicated that he thought the younger male was insane.

“I just can, it’s called a gift,” Sehun smiled smugly, earning a slight shove from Jonin. These two are like best friends honestly.

“Alright, Alright. Give him a name, my Chinese isn’t great so someone name him.” I learnt Chinese back in high school, but how many years have passed since then? I haven’t been to China in around 8 years? Yeah it’s been a while.

Sehun’s face lit up, like a light bulb moment.
“Lu Han, let’s name him Lu Han.”