Chapter 16

OUR LOVE

Joongki and his family were having a family meeting as his grandparents were going to announce something important. They all waiting there patiently.

"Joongki oppa! It has been a long time, how are you doing?." Song Jieun, Joongki's cousin greeted him.

"Jieun ah~ I'm good, how about you? Yeah it has been a long time." He greeted her back and smiled. They shake hands.

"I'm always good oppa but a bit tired because I just got back from London." Said her.

Jieun just got back from London as she studies there and it has been her 4th years. Joongki and Jieun were closed when they just children before. They were also closed with Jihyo even their families disliked Jihyo and her family.

"So, you still in touch with Jihyo eonie?." She asked and caused Joongki surprised.

"w-w-w-what?? uhmm...I..I...."

"He did not! Joongki would never in touch with that girl." Joongki's mom interrupted.

"Oh really..?." Jieun just shut afterward, didn't dare to talk.

Soon after that, their grandparents came and sat on the couch. There's a blue file that held by their grandfather.

"Everyone is here already? That's good and we can start right away." 

Everyone were all sat properly and ready to hear what will the grandparents said.

"I...actually want to read out my will toward my grandchildren. I am old enough and I can die anytime."

"No..don't said like that. we don't want you to die.."

"Joongki ah... I will die soon. All of us, people, will die. No one will stay alive."

"I know that harabeoji but not now, just don't said like that."

"Hmmm...okay I'll not say like that. So, shall we start?."

Everyone said yes together and they're nodded together.

---

They has reached the end of the meeting and all of them feel satisfied of that. Jieun and Joongki got the wealth but Joongki got more because he's a man. Even Joongki's parents and grandparents felt happy with that, but not Joongki. He feel unsatisfied with that. He didn't even smiled.

"My beloved children and grandchildren, we are finish for now. We're dismiss." The grandparents were about to leave but Joongki stopped them.

"Wait! I want to ask something." Said him and that make the eldest sat back on the couch.

"What do you want to ask about Joongki ah?." They smiled.

He's hesitated at first but he braved himself. He didn't want to be like a coward.

"Uhmm...Ji..hyo noona, what about her? She should get your wealth too, right?."

At mentioned of Jihyo's name, the smiled were lost. The reactions were changed right after Jihyo's name were mentioned by Joongki suddenly.

"Who is she? Why does she should get my wealth? I even don't know her.." His grandfather replied coldly. Joongki gulped down his saliva. His grandfather was just good but if you cause him angry, he might be scary.

"Harabeoji...but she's your granddaughter, right?." This time, it's Jieun who spoke up.

"She's not my granddaughter and would never be my granddaughter!!! If you both want to be my grandchildren, just stop talking about her. Just focus on yourself. That girl and her family, they are all useless!!!!." He raised his voice up and it's surprised Joongki and Jieun.

"Jieun ah..Joongki ah..stop it! Don't talk about her anymore, please don't make your grandfather angry.." Joongki's mom stopped them. She held both Jieun and Joongki's arms.

"No! You don't have the right to say that they are useless. Harabeoji, halmeoni, omma appa... I don't even care about the wealth. I can even find it by myself but what is important right now is I want a big happy family. I want you to accept Jihyo noona and her family, and forgive them..even there seems they did nothing wrong at all." Joongki stood up. He faced his parents and grandparents.

"Song Joongki!! What are you talking about??.." His mom seems shocked of his words.

"I'm sorry to all of you here but....I would be more happy if Jihyo noona and her family could be here and together with us. For real." He said his last words before left them. He bowed to them before went out and when somewhere only he know.

"Oppa!! Joongki oppa!!." Jieun followed after Joongki and left the rest too.

Joongki got into his car and about to start the engine but Jieun stopped him. "Oppa, where are you going? Let's talk inside. We can discuss about this thing." "Jieun ah, I don't think we can talk about this. They would never agree with me and they just got angry if I mentioned about Jihyo noona and her family." Joongki resisted it. "I know that about but at least we can try.." Jieun suggested.

"Maybe next time..Jieun ah. I'm leaving now!!." He started the engine and left with full high of speed. Jieun couldn't do anything and just watched over him until it lost from her sight. She decided to get back into the house and met the eldest.

 

"Jieun ah!! Where's Joongki?."

"J-j-joongki oppa...he...he went out for a while. He'll be here soon.." Said her.

"Are you sure about what you're talking of? Or are you just lying to us? You know right where is he going now?." Her grandmother asked. "N-n-no..I don't know. He just left without saying anything but I'm sure, he'll just fine and he'll be here soon." Jieun told the eldest. "Okay if you said so but if I finds out that you are telling lies, just wait for the punishment Song Jieun." Her grandmother said and she threatened her. "Y-y-yes halmeoni.." Bowed her. She's a bit scared of her grandmother but she didn't tell lies. Her grandmother left to her room together with her husband. In the living room then just left Jieun with her parents and Joongki's parents.

"Honey..I want to find Joongki. I'm scared. what if he went out and meet with Jihyo?." Joongki's mom fet uneasy. She's in worried as if her son will meet up Jihyo. "He won't honey! Trust me okay? Joongki would never meet that girl because he's a good son and he'll always obey you." He convinced his wife about Joongki.

"..b..b..but.."

"No honey, it's okay. Just trust me that he won't do that.." Even her husband were there to convince her but she still feel worried. She couldn't just sat and waited for her son till he got back home. She wanted to know where has her son being right now. She just prayed that hopefully her son didn't met up with Jihyo, that's what she hoped.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------