Chapter 15

Infinity Love

He's thinking again.
Hoya knows it; he could tell from his posture. He was leaning against the windows of the car, and although it may appear as if he was sleeping, Hoya knew better. Sungjong never sleeps against the windows, he finds it too hard. 
What exactly he was thinking of, Hoya thought he had the answer to that. The news of Woohyun's "mini" car accident had reached their ears right after their filming. Such news is of course unpleasant in any case, but knowing that his left arm had been injured makes this much more worrying. With his earphones plugged in, he could hardly hear the patter of the rain against the window, but thoughts of Woohyun and Sungjong kept him very much awake. A sudden ring disrupted his song, and checking his phone, he was relieved to find a message stating that Woohyun was fine and was on his way to the dorm to rest. Looking over, he could see the small smiles on the members' faces as they relaxed. Noticing Sungjong's ever still posture, Hoya wondered if he had received the message too. 
Had he fallen asleep? 
Hoping that he wasn't still fretting over the issue, Hoya watched him for a few more minutes, only to find Sungjong sitting as still as ever. Puzzled, he pondered what to do, whether to probably wake him up and tell him the news, or leave him there awake thinking it over. Glancing to ask for Dongwoo's help, who was sitting beside Sungjong, he realized that the elder was already fast asleep. 
It'll probably take much more time trying to wake him up. Hoya considered as he sank down in his seat. 
A sudden thought occurred to him, and leaning forward, he carefully took out the right side of his earphones and placed it gently into Sungjong's right ear. He hoped the music could help in relaxing the younger boy, or let him continue sleeping soundly. It was then he realized the earphones were too short for the distance between the two seats as he leaned awkwardly behind Sungjong's seat. Glad that the sleepyhead beside him was busily snoring away, he tried to ignore the numbness spreading to his hands. Hoping that he would not shake the earphones off, he gently shook his hands in an attempt to rid it of the numbness. Sensing that it was not working, he tried taking out his end of the earphones, only to find the other end drooping down. Cursing mentally, Hoya quickly placed it back quietly. 
The numb feeling was now back, and Hoya didn't like it at all. Lifting his hands up slightly as a small exercise, he hadn't expected the slight jerk of the car as it came to a stop at the traffic junction. His right hand had just came short of landing on Sungjong's shoulder. Breathing in a sharp breath, Hoya gave a glare to the manager in the mirror, only much to his distress, realize that he was hardly noticeable as he couldn't raise himself too high up. Diverting his attention back to Sungjong, his right hand still hovering over the younger, he wondered if he could perhaps lay his hands and arms down comfortably on the seat without disturbing Sungjong. 
How do I-
Another jerk. Hoya hadn't the time to send another glare as he felt the contact he made with Sungjong's shoulder. Waiting nervously for the younger to stir, he held his breath. As the vehicle moved on, Hoya let out a soft sigh of relief as Sungjong remained sound asleep. 
He kind of smells like vanilla, and slightly like hair dye. Hoya noted with a smile as he thought of his current ever changing colour dyes. 
About to move his now sliding arm away, Hoya was further surprised when he felt a light bump against his arm, and then the weight pressing down. Sungjong was indeed sleeping, not against the window now, but on Hoya's arm. Feeling his ears reddening, Hoya concentrated on what to do next as his arm now hung loosely in a rather uncomfortable position. 
If I could just hold on to something... 
Another thought occurred to him, and slowly, Hoya swung his hand across, lightly resting it on Sungjong's left arm. Hoya felt awkward. He hadn't felt this awkward in a while. Scolding himself for even thinking up all sorts of ideas in the first place, he could only sulk and hope that the other members were still sleeping. It was then Hoya realized what exactly he was doing, and suddenly, the soft thumping of his heart seemingly increased its speed and volume. 
A hug. That was what he was doing. Hoya didn't remember hugging someone in a long time, or at least hugging them like he really meant it. Like how I really want to protect you. He thought as he looked at Sungjong's sleeping self.
A soft ruffle against his face surprised him again, and noticing that Sungjong was stirring, Hoya panicked upon the thought of the younger's reaction if he woke up. Immediately, he retreated backwards and carefully retracted his hand. Remembering the earphones as he pulled backwards, he almost gasped out loud as Sungjong got up, only heaving a sigh of relief when he saw the earbud dropping onto the floor. Picking it up though, he frowned upon seeing the new opening which revealed a small sliver glint. Hoya reckoned he must have pulled it too hard. 
Stupid earphones...
Getting off, Hoya was greeted with a few pairs of sleepy eyes, including those of Sungjong. Seeing Hoya though, Sungjong smiled, and with a slight nod and a look in his eyes, Hoya thought that perhaps the younger was thanking him for the peaceful sleep earlier. His heartbeat accelerated once more, and ears reddening, Hoya returned a smile before turning away, silently asking himself why he hadn't ever done that before.
Because despite the loud thumps in his ear, the warmth that engulfed his heart and the constant embarrassment he felt when his ears reddened, Sungjong was the cause after all. 

 

 

A/N: I'm really really sorry for my disappearance for so long! I missed writing >_< But finally, exams are over, and the holidays are here! :D Do forgive me for not updating, I'll update more during this period of time! If not... /gives you a bucket of thunder/ You can strike me with that! 

That aside, I just want to thank everyone who has been supporting me or my stories, so thank you very much! :D /gives a flower to each of you/ I always appreciate comments, and please do tell me how I can improve, because I think I got a bit rusty with my writing after so long. Thank you so much again, and I hope you enjoyed this chapter! :)