Chapter 9

Infinity Love

"Let's go to the park, Sungjongie!" Sungyeol said in a sing-song manner.

It was a beautiful morning, with the birds chirping happily, and to add on, it was spring. The trees had once again revealed their green leaves and the scent of flowers was distantly present in the dorm. The other members were out for their schedules, and only he and the youngest were left in the dorm.

Jumping up from the sofa cheerfully, Sungjong immediately agreed. 

"Yay! Let's go!" He exclaimed, much to Sungyeol's surprise. 

"Didn't you promise Sunggyu hyung to stay in and study?" The choding asked curiously. 

"Aww how did you know..." Sungjong said as he disappointedly plopped back down on the sofa. 

Grabbing the keys quietly, Sungyeol moved closer towards the maknae. Sungjong was looking at his work with a small pout, his pencil long abandoned, and was now currently playing with the pile of eraser dust. 

So cute... Sungyeol thought as he held in a smile.

"You don't want to upset Sunggyu hyung, do you?" Sungyeol asked as he continued observing the younger.

Shaking his head lightly, Sungjong flicked a few of the eraser dust away, showing his frustration. 

"Then I guess I'll go by myself then. Bye Sungjongie!" Sungyeol said as he jingled his keys and skipped away.

"Wait hyung!" Sungjong shouted, causing the older to stop and turn around.

A rather conflicted Sungjong awaited him and looking at the indecisive maknae, Sungyeol let out a laugh before dragging Sungjong out.

"Oh come on Sungjongie! You let that grandpa nag at you all the time! Just going out once will be fine! Let's go!" He exclaimed before whistling happily, glancing at the excited Sungjong from time to time as he locked the door. 

 

 

 

 

Reaching the park, Sungyeol walked happily as he held onto Sungjong's hand. He had noticed the small blush appearing on the younger's cheeks, and that had made his smile grow wider. There was not much people in the park though, as it was the weekdays, when most people would be going to work or school. Sungyeol admired the beauty of the park as they strolled. It seemed as if they were the only ones there, and Sungyeol definitely liked the idea. 

Just like a date. He thought as he grabbed Sungjong's hand tightly.

A ring jolted Sungyeol out of his thoughts, and he quickly avoided an oncoming bicycle. An idea came to his mind as he noticed the small backseat on the bicycle, and pulling Sungjong, he ran towards the rental store.

"Where are we going, hyung?" Sungjong asked, flustered by his sudden pull.

"To rent a bike." Sungyeol replied, flashing his gummy smile.

"But you hardly know how to ride one!" Sungjong exclaimed.

Ignoring the younger, Sungyeol kept silent. 

 

 

 

"So, do you want to pedal or sit at the back?" Sungyeol asked after he pushed the bicycle out of the store.

Looking at the bicycle and then back to Sungyeol, Sungjong exclaimed once more, "Why didn't you just rent two?" 

Shrugging, Sungyeol sat in front, and as he carefully hid his money in his front pocket, he replied, "I didn't have enough left. Come on! Let's go!" 

Observing Sungyeol with a look of disbelief, Sungjong hesitantly got on the bicycle. 

"Yippee! Let's go!" Sungyeol shouted joyfully as he started pedaling. 

 

 

 

It wasn't easy trying to maintain his balance. After all, he hasn't cycled in quite a while. As Sungyeol struggled, he could feel a small and slender pair of hands slowly tightening themselves around him. Sungjong was leaning on his back, letting out a small shrill shout every time the bicycle tilted to the side, ready to fall. Sungyeol guessed that he was closing his eyes, seeing how he kept saying to be careful if there was anyone nearby, when there were none.

A wide smile crept onto his face as he enjoyed the warmth and comfort Sungjong provided. He was rather delighted by how it had turned out. Not knowing how to cycle well had actually made him feel happier for the first time, seeing how Sungjong was hugging him so tightly. However, that did not last long as Sungjong placed his foot down and they skidded to a stop. 

"What's the matter, Sungjongje?" Sungyeol asked as he turned around to look at Sungjong who had gotten down, missing the feeling of his hands. 

"I'll cycle, hyung. We might just fall if you continue cycling like that." Sungjong replied. 

Showing a glum face, Sungyeol got off and waited for Sungjong to get on before sitting behind him.

"I'm going to start!" Sungjong announced as he gave Sungyeol a smile.

At this, another idea popped into his mind, and nodding, Sungyeol smiled back.

As soon as they started, although it was a smooth and lovely ride, Sungyeol immediately clung onto Sungjong, hugging his small figure tightly. 

Noticing this, Sungjong, with a rather red face, asked softly, "What... What are you doing, hyung?"

Simply hugging him tighter, Sungyeol replied, "I'm scared that I'll fall!" 

A silence followed and guessing that Sungjong had nothing to say, Sungyeol happily smiled.

I'll hug you forever like this if I can. 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Hehe! /dances/ New update's here! *bows* I'm sorry for not updating in a while. School has started... /sighs/ But anyway, *pushes school aside* thank you so much for all the subscribers and comments and upvotes! /cries tears of joy/ Please comment more! *throws confetti*