Run

Stolen: The Perfect Boy

Skylar’s POV

It was the last lesson of the day and my head was heavy. I’d spent half the night paranoid that my brother’s would find the money and come pounding at my bedroom door. I’d ended up sleeping at 3:30am in the morning and now I regretting it, even the coffee I’d had at lunch wasn’t waking me up. The bell went and I rushed out of the class to get to my locker and home as soon as possible, all I wanted to do was wash and sleep when I felt someone tap me.

“Hoseok,” my face brightened up as I hugged him. Slipping my hands into his coat pocket I grabbed the iPod and ran before he could grab it back. I ran out of the school gates and tried running in the thick snow. I turned back to see Hoseok running up the hill after me and jumped up laughing. I lost balance and tipped over falling on my for the second time in front of him.

 

J-Hope’s POV

“What happened with you?” I’d finally caught up with Skylar and she was sitting annoyed in the thick snow

“I fell on my . Again.” she held out her hands and I helped her up laughing

“Just like on the ice,” we started walking again

“Only on the ice I didn’t stop falling.” She muttered making me laugh at her straight face

“You were there for two minutes on the ice,”

“Exactly, two minutes. And I’d fell .” She stopped as we got to the warehouse.

“You could’ve been great at ice skating. You never know?” I tried again as she raised her eyebrows

“Yeah, if you can win a prize for dropping on your a million times per minute.” We walked in and she took of her coat at the wet bottom of it. Laying it on a heater she walked up the stairs and I followed her.

 

Skylar’s POV

“Do you want something to drink?” It’d been around 20mintues since Hoseok had come to my house and he was sprawled on the sofa watching the laptop.

He nodded not looking up from the screen, “it would help me if you told me,” I waited by the fridge

“Juice.”

“Aren’t you a bit old for juice?” I got out Zelo’s favourite juice carton hoping he’d forgive me for taking some I poured it into a cup

“You can never be to old for juice,” Hoseok’s voice nearly came out shocked as I placed his cup on the table and went back to pour some water for myself.

 

I went into the fridge picking up the glass jug of cold water I kept. Taking out a cup I was just about to pour when Hoseok said, “Where is the toilet?” he started jumping up and down his face scrunched up cutely

I smiled, “Did you drink it all?” I turned to the empty cup

“I really really really need the toilet.” His voice was growing higher and higher as I laughed walking to the door.

“Go straight down and turn left second door and there’s a toilet.” He went off just as my phone started ringing.

 

Plans changed

Giving the ransom 2day

Don’t move or follow us

Daehyun

 

I dropped the water jug and ran out of the room and into my brother’s room. I checked the case and all the money had gone, I was starting to feel nauseous as scrabbled around for a clue were they’d gone. Then I saw a picture of Jongup and Zelo when they were around 10 in the old abandoned Gangnam Subway Station. Grabbing the picture I shoved on my boots and ran out into the snow ignoring the cold. The snow had started falling again and it didn’t look like it would stop, I turned deciding to take shortcut through the park and under bridge. I couldn’t be late; my brothers were carrying a case full of fake monopoly money. They’d die if I didn’t get there in time. I ran through the park my socks soaking with the melted snow and ice. I hissed as the wind hit against my cheek but kept running.

I jumped over the park gate hitting the ground, I felt the bruise on my leg deepen but I got up and turned into a small alleyway that led under the bridge and to the Subway. I twisted and turned the snow getting heavier and thicker. I could barely see through my eyelashes but I knew the place like the back of my hand, dodging I went under the bridge and breathed as I saw the old rickety sign of Gangnam Subway.

 

Hoseok’s POV

I heard the glass smash and saw a figure run out of the warehouse when I leaned out of the window. Skylar. She was still in her school uniform, no blazer just the jumper and boots, I tried calling but she couldn’t hear me. She was running and fast. Grabbing my coat I pulled on my shoes and ran after her, I followed her shivering as the snow and wind got harder and heavier, before long I was just guessing from the little black figure I could see curving and bending around the corners.

We got a remote part of the town and I looked around. It was blowing like a full on blizzard and no one was around, she didn’t wait to even read the sign before running down the steps and disappearing into the Subway. I followed her hoping she knew what she was doing.

BANG.

 

Skylar’s POV

I didn’t stop, I couldn’t stop, and I wouldn’t stop. Even though I could hear my brothers shouting at me I carried on running like a train, I hit Youngjae knocking him of his feet and I gasped as I felt the bullet hit me. Time stopped as I stayed in the air between leaping and falling a ringing sound started to grow like a whistle. Seconds went by before time resumed and everything came crushing down. It felt like my brain was melting down, I could hear other shots but nothing was making sense. I kept falling in and out of conscious, the second time my eyes opened I saw J-Hope on the floor, his hand inching towards the gun and Joonkyu on top of him punching. My mouth moved say sorry but the word wouldn’t come out.

 

I could hear the small gasping the sound that was coming from my mouth and I coughed trying to get rid of it but it just brought the taste of blood to my mouth. My eyes slipped over again and I was lost, I tried opening my eyes but all I could see now was a white ceiling my head felt too heavy and warm to move.

 

Hoseok’s POV

I saw red as soon Joonkyu fired the gun red grew in my eyes. Lashing out I jumped onto Joonkyu and started hitting him as I hard as I could, kicking and punching but he reacted quick and soon I was on the floor as he pounded into me. I turned trying to protect my face and saw Skylar’s eyes open, her pupils looked large and confused, there was blood flowing from the bullet hole into her eyes making a pool around her. My heart stopped as I watched her try and make sense, she seemed to be saying something but her voice wouldn’t come out, I moved my fingers towards her trying to protect her.

Trying to do something, I couldn’t let her die.

 

I just couldn’t. Not now. Not ever. Forever.