Mistake

Stolen: The Perfect Boy

 Zelo’s POV

 

“If you don’t deliver the money then we’ll make sure you get every piece of him back.” Seyong smiled his voice turning sinister. I paused the video as he turned the camera around and it caught a glimpse of the room, it looked familiar.

I’d recongised something about the tape ever since we’d first watched it when Skylar was in hospital. Now Skylar was at school and all hyungs were out doing stuff, it was the only free time I would get to properly check the video out without Youngguk grilling me about it after.

 

I pressed play again still confused at why the dark brownish yellow place seemed familiar. The camera swung to show Youngjae, he looked half dead. His mouth was covered with dry blood, his eyes bloodshot, he seemed tired but determined. Chaejin and Gunwoo stood at either side each holding a bats slightly stained, I could guess what with.

The tape cut off their with static but just before I caught it landing on the ceiling. The old subway station. I recongised the brownish yellow sign me and Jongup had wrecked when we were 10. Jongup. My mind went back to seeing him covered in a pool of blood on the warehouse floor, Skylar had been cleaning and disinfecting it ever since, like the memory would go with the bleach.

I pressed replay wanting to make sure my theory was right, when I heard the door slam open. Jumping for the DVD player, I took out the tape and slipped into a random movie cover. I watched as Daehyun walked in clearly annoyed, he ignored me thumping down on the sofa. His shoulders tensed and his put his head in his hands breathing slowly throw clenched teeth.

 

Getting up I put the cover in the movie box and walked to the kitchen pretending not to realise his bad mood.

 

Skylar’s POV

It’s been around a week since I moved back with my brothers and something seems wrong. Every time the doorbell rings or something happens they tense over sending glances and warning to each other.

 

It was a Saturday and to make up for their weird behaviour we were having a movie night.

“Stop eating all the snacks,” I hit Daehyun’s hand as he horded another mouthful of popcorn, smores and sweets in his mouth. I carried over the plates to the living rooms wooden table.

“Gimme,” I put out my hand for Zelo’s green iPad

“No,” he pouted whining

“Come on gimme, no iPad on movie night,” I chased after him as he started squealing.

“Just leave him he won’t make any noise right?” Himchan shielded Zelo as I crossed my arms

“Fine, then I pick the movie.” I ran to the DVD player before they could all start objecting

“Anything but a chick flick.” Youngguk started unloading drinks from the cupboards

“Why not?” I turned taking out the movie box

“Kill me,” Daehyun mimed being slit at the throat and fell on the floor.

I laughed, “Himchan back me up,” I turned to him

“Come on,” Himchan started hugging them, I turned back hearing them shouting for help from Himchan’s killer hugs.

 

I tipped over the box and started sorting through trying to look for something not to gory, I didn’t mind watching action movies but it was my brothers who seemed the have for them. I preferred horror movies and chick flicks, we rarely watched horrors since Daehyun and Youngjae were so scared of them. My mind went back to the brother I hadn’t seen since Jongup’s death.

 

“Where is Youngjae?” I called out picking up a cover. It had a picture of a girl in a tattered dress covered in blood. The room went silent.

“He’s gone out of the country remember,” Daehyun answered

“When are they coming back?” I turned over the cover reading the blurb. In big block letters it wrote, ‘You will know her name’.

“Soon, we’ll call him later it’s kind a early where he is.” I heard Himchan shout over.

“Found a movie, I’m gonna start it.” I took the CD out and slipped into the player. Sitting back I waited for it to load trying to see if it would work.

The screen flipped and I could see Youngjae. He was sat on a wooden chair. His head was lopsided but you could see he was just about alive. His face was covered in blood and the old grey shirt he was wearing seemed stained. On either side of him was Chaejin and Gunwoo. The both held bats darkened at the bottom, I could feel my lunch coming back up as I watched.

 

Youngguk’s POV

“How could you not tell me?” Skylar’s voice came as a whisper as the video finished. Time stood still as she leant her head against the screen.

“We didn’t want you to get worried,” Zelo’s voice came late and quiet

“He’s my brother why wouldn’t I be worried?!” she turned shouting at him

“You were in hospital. You were in a fatal condition!” Zelo tried again

“My brother was kidnapped a week ago and you didn’t tell me!” he voice was getting louder and more and more irritated.

“If we told you, you could have had a panic attack and died in your condition!” Daehyun answered back making her turn to him.

“So when were you planning to tell me? Huh! When?!” She turned to him scoffing

“Later,” Daehyun avoided her eyes uncomfortable

“Whens, later? When he died?! When I started sniffing around?!” she retorted

“We were trying to protect you!” Himchan shouted

“Well good use that was. Now look!” she kicked the table sending the food flying

“All we did was in good for you. We never meant to hurt you!” Zelo shouted

“So what? You kidnapped me for my own good.” Her eyes started clouding up and her shoulders began to shake

“That’s different!” Daehyun shouted

“How! How is it different?! Tell me!!” she shouted tears rolling down her cheeks, “You know what forget it? Forget that? Have fun.” She pushed past me and grabbed her jumper.

 

Walking out of the room we heard the door slam and her boots run down the stairs and out of the warehouse.

“Thanks for supporting us.” Daehyun turned to me

“You were meant to back us up.” Himchan walked out of the room as well probably after her.

I sat down on the armchair ignoring Zelo and Daehyun’s comments and closed my eyes. We’ve finally driven her away. That was the only thought running through my head.