A Game of Cupid

A Lost Memory in Mokpo

 

“Yah, Henli! Who let you sit with us?” accused Donghae playfully.

 

Henry smiled at his hyung and commented, “Ah, I see how it is. You don't want me to interrupt your sweet little date.”

 

“Yah, Henry Lau!” Donghae hit the back of his dongsaeng's head.

 

Instead of listening to Donghae's demand, Henry was laughing at how serious Donghae became. Meanwhile, Sung Ah found it embarrassing and amusing at the same time. For a while, the three of them were joking and having a nice time.

 

“I thought Jessica is coming with you guys today,” asked Henry suddenly. “Where is she?”

 

Sung Ah’s hovered over her mocha. She took a shaky sip.

 

Donghae answered him, “She’s shooting a drama today.”

 

“Oh, she's working. I thought you ditched your girlfriend for another girl.”

 

Sung Ah peered at Donghae curiously, waiting for his response.

 

“How many times do I have to tell you that Jessica and I aren’t dating!”

 

“Really?” Henry mockingly exclaimed. “I'd never guessed!”

 

Sung Ah was shocked at first, then she broke into a small smile. Unfortunately, she did not know that the smile was deciphered by Henry. Now he was even more interested in his hyung's love life.

 

Donghae panicked, “Hey, Puffy. Just ignore this kid. He's just a maknae in our group who knows nothing.”

 

It was Sung Ah's turn to be surprised. This boy is a part of Super Junior? Henry did not look any older than twenty!

 

Before Henry could retort, his phone vibrated in his pants' pocket. He picked it up and there was an angry male voice screaming into his ear.

 

“Henry! Is Donghae at your dorm right now?”

 

“He's with me at a cafe,” Henry did not like the sound of Jung Hoon hyung at all. “What's the matter?”

 

“Why don't you ask him yourself?! Get him on the phone.”

 

Henry passed the phone to the confused Donghae.

 

“Hyung?”

 

“Why didn't you pick up your phone?! ... Never mind that! Is the girl with you?”

 

“Y-Yeah,” stammered Donghae. He had no idea why his manager was mad at him.

 

“Before you come to the company alone, use Henry's twitter to upload a selca with all three of you. Got it?”

 

“Okay... but why?”

 

“We'll talk after you got here,” then the call ended.

 

Donghae relayed the instructions immediately. Henry swiftly took a harmonious selca of the smiling buddies drinking coffee together. The photo's caption was a simple phrase of “Hanging out with my hyung and noona.”

 

“I'm heading back to SM now. Henry, can you take Sung Ah back to her dorm?”

 

Henry nodded.  Sung Ah and he made eye-contact.  They saw one another equally lost.

 

Is it because of stupid me? Sung Ah thought of the possibility that it was her who caused her friend trouble. What have I done though?

 

Henry could not stand anyone looking distressed, “Hey, ajumma. I think our picture turned out pretty nice.” The young one began his teasing.

 

“Who are you calling ajumma?” Sung Ah gave him an evil stare. “We're just about the same age!”

 

“You're absolutely right, but you look ten years older than I am.”

 

“Yah! You wanna die?” Sung Ah raised her arm and pretended to land a fist on Henry.

 

“I'm sorry!” Henry rubbed his hands together. “Please forgive me, ajumma.”

 

Henry was satisfied at seeing the girl forgetting her worries. He crossed his fingers for his hyung to survive the trial from their boss.

 

***

 

Donghae and Sung Ah had not noticed the people who were observing them closely.

 

“I can't watch them anymore!” commented Tiffany from a booth at the back of the cafe.

 

Seohyun and Hyoyeon glanced at each other. They thought the Drama Queen was very amusing.

 

“Calm down, Tiffany. It's not like they are making out or something,” Hyoyeon reasoned.

 

“They will be if we don't stop their chu chu train!”

 

Seohyun giggled, “You don't even make sense anymore.”

 

“Yeah,” Hyoyeon chimed in. “You sound like a jealous girlfriend.”

 

Seohyun and Hyoyeon chuckled as they watched Tiffany twisting her straw violently.

 

Tiffany only glared at the flirting couple harder, “You know that I'm only worry about Jessica! Everyone on the planet knows that she loves that stupid jerk! Now the said stupid jerk is dating another girl behind her back!”

 

“I don't know about Jessica, but I do know that you're a hardcore Haesica shipper,” teased Hyoyeon.

 

“I've known both Jessica and Donghae long enough to say that they are meant to be!”

 

Seohyun and Hyoyeon saw the determination in Tiffany's eyes. As the supportive friends of both Tiffany and Jessica, they came to a mutual understanding of doing whatever Tiffany would ask of them.

 

Seohyun asked, “What do you want us to do?”

 

“I don't have a plan yet,” Tiffany resumed watching Donghae and Sung Ah. “Is that Henry talking to them?” her frowns burrowed.

 

The three girls stared at the newcomer. They all wondered why Henry abruptly appeared. They never broke their focus until Donghae got up and left by himself in a hurry. After ten minutes of watching Henry and Sung Ah fooling around, they also exited the cafe together. Tiffany was disgusted at how that girl got Henry too.

 

It was Seohyun who spoke up their collective thought, “What was that all about?”

 

“I don't know,” said Hyoyeon. “I have a bad feeling about this.”

 

Tiffany chewed on her beat-up straw. She made a mental note of interrogating Henry as soon as possible.

 

***

 

Mrs. Choi could be a gentle lady on a good day, but today was not the day for her to play the mother to her children.

 

Donghae squirmed under the icy stare of the older woman. Jung Hoon looked from the higher-up authority to the plain Donghae and he could already feel the wrath.

 

Mrs. Choi coldly asked from her desk, “Donghae-ssi, who's the girl in the pictures?”

 

Donghae glanced at the photos displaying on the tablet. It was obvious that the man in shades and cap was Donghae, and the girl linking arms with him was no other than Sung Ah.

 

“The paparazzi were fast today,” cursed Donghae under his breath. “Sung Ah is Jessica's cousin from Mokpo.”

 

“Are you guys dating?”

 

“Of course not! She's my childhood friend. We have just reconciled recently.”

 

Mrs. Choi clasped her hands in front of her, “You should have told us about her sooner. The fans are speculating about her and your relationship with her. Good thing Henry-ssi was there to make you guys seem like friends, not couple.

 

“A selca isn't enough to stop the rumours flying,” she continued. “Didn't you say she's from Mokpo?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

An idea struck Mrs. Choi. She appeared to be more relaxed than before, “Sung Ah will be your cousin instead of Jessica's. This will save your pure image. I'll call my close friends working at the press to release a statement along with her updated background.” The business woman was already composing the email.

 

Before Donghae was dismissed, an idea formed in his head.

 

“Mrs. Choi,” Donghae tentatively asked, “would it be better if Sung Ah is also a staff here too?” he went on as if encouraged by the silence, “This way we can keep a close eye on her....”

 

No one responded to his request. Donghae got worried as he thought maybe it was too bold of him to ask such thing.

 

Jung Hoon finally spoke after being quiet for so long, “I think it's a good idea. If we know what she is up to, then the same thing won't happen again.”

 

Mrs. Choi pondered for a moment, “I see your point. I think we can use another intern around here.”

 

Jung Hoon winked at Donghae behind the woman’s back. Donghae silently congratulated himself for his small brilliancy.

 

Dumbo would welcome Puffy to SM Entertainment with his arms wide open.

 

 


 

 

Author's note:  The beginning of the story is officially over!  Thanks for reading and subsribing up to this point!  I apologize for taking 7 chapters to get the intro done. >.<

What's Tiffany have on her mind?  (I didn't originally plan for Fany to be dramatic... it just happened this way.:p)

oOYZCy-6x9iDHvknMOW5qDp8vfPfbyToeH8DUJyO

And what's going to happen now when Sung Ah is fully mixed with the industry?!

Please subribe and find out  asap. ;)

I'll speed things up now and actually gets down to action.  Are you ready??