Selfish Love

A Lost Memory in Mokpo

 The rays of morning sun bounced off of his glistening skin. Kyuhyun was panting hard. He wanted to scream in sync with the adrenaline rushing in his body, but he couldn't. Not right now.

 

Kyuhyun was not alone.

 

Sung Ah was beside him. Her cheeks turned crimson from the vigorous movements. Her breathing ragged. An inhumane growl came out of from the stimulation. She couldn't take it anymore. She's going to...

 

“I'm going to kill you the second we're out of here,” the sweating girl threatened through gritted teeth.

 

Kyuhyun went on without stopping. “Stop whining.” His muscles pulsed with each step covering the treadmill. “Your treadmill isn't even on.”

 

“It was on! You just weren't looking.”

 

Kyuhyun only scoffed. Seriously, what's wrong with him? Sung Ah glared at him. Only abnormal people work out at four in the morning! I'm normal. I shouldn't be here! Sung Ah went to his side and rested her head on his treadmill. She released another groan.

 

“Okay. You win,” Kyuhyun stared down at her lifeless partner. “We can take a two-minute break.”

 

Sung Ah happily turned off his treadmill right away, causing Kyuhyun almost falling flat on his face. “Yah! Jung Sung Ah!”

 

She gave him a smirk. “This is only the beginning. You're going to pay for all of this.”

 

The two collapsed at a small table by the window. The sight of the awakening city's skyline beneath them was breathtaking. Kyuhyun leaned back on his chair and closed his eyes. Even when the day was serene, it didn't ease his scrunched up face.

 

Sung Ah peered at Kyuhyun curiously, “You still haven't told me why we're here.”

 

“To work out.” He still had his eyes shut.
 

“You never work out,” Sung Ah poked his soft belly to prove her point. “I deserve the truth after being dragged out of bed at four o'clock.”

 

Kyuhyun stared back at her. He didn't know what to tell Sung Ah. It was still a shock to him. Where could he start to explain?

 

“Is it because of my cousin?”

 

Kyuhyun gripped on his bottle. The suggestion of her made his head spin.

 

Sung Ah noticed the change in Kyuhyun as Jessica was mentioned. She'd never seen Kyuhyun distressed before. What happened to the cool sunbae she'd known? “What are you guys going to do about the scandal?”

 

“I don't know. It's up to Jessica if she wants to be my love interest.”

 

“What do you want?”

 

Kyuhyun was paralysed by that question. What do I want?

 

“Doesn't matter. As long as no one's getting hurt.” Kyuhyun couldn't stand Sung Ah's pity, so he turned toward the window. “What about you?”

 

Sung Ah was taken by surprise. “Me? What does it have to do with me?

 

“Don't play dumb, Sung Ah,” Kyuhyun gave her a pointed look. “You know what I'm talking about.”

 

“My principle is same as yours.” She forced a tried smile.

 

The sunbae and hoobae reached a mutual agreement as the sun continued to rise.

 

Annyeonghaseyo, Kyuhyun oppa and Sung Ah unnie.” The two looked up to the owner of the voice.

 

Annyeonghaseyo, Krystal. You're up early too.” Kyuhyun greeted the younger Jung sister. Sung Ah nodded awkwardly at the girl's presence.

 

“I couldn't sleep last night. May as well do some exercising.” Krystal joined the table. “It's nice to run in to my brother-in-law though.” She frowned when no one laughed at her joke. “Am I interrupting you guys?” She was genuinely intrigued by the serious looks on Kyuhyun and Sung Ah.

 

Sung Ah replied hastily, “No. You're not! We're just worn out.”

 

I'm worn out,” Kyuhyun said. “You didn't move your at all.”

 

Krystal watched Sung Ah hitting Kyuhyun's arm. In return, he chuckled in amusement.

 

Hmm. Interesting...  The younger one assessed the scene before her.

 

“I'm going to my schedule now.” Krystal suddenly got up. “Annyeonghi gyeseyo.

 

“Have you talk to Krystal yet?” Kyuhyun asked Sung Ah when Krystal was out of sight.

 

“We ran into each other a few times at SM, but we never really talked.” Sung Ah attempted to sound nonchalant, but Kyuhyun could detect the disappointment in her voice.

 

Krystal was definitely not as guarded as Jessica. Still, sometimes Sung Ah wondered if they could all get along under different circumstances. The worshipped Jung sisters were not of Sung Ah's ecosystem. If they were, then the commoner was at the bottom of the food chain.

 

Kyuhyun flicked Sung Ah's forehead between her knitted brows. “Are you daydreaming about weird things again? Don't worry. Once they find out how easily bullied you are, they will like you too.” He forgot his trouble momentarily for his dongsaeng. “I'll make sure they see you.”

 

Sung Ah rubbed her throbbing forehead. “I might consider forgiving you if you keep your words.”

 

Kyuhyun smiled at her warmly. “You can trust me with your life, Sung Ah.”

 

***

 

Kyuhyun's slender fingers entwined with Jessica's. Her weight pressed onto his body made him dare not to breathe. The strands of her silky hair teased his neck. Her sweet scent swallowed him whole...

 

Another flash went off. The actor and actress shifted their poses.

 

“Kyuhyun-ssi, try wrapping your arms around Jessica-ssi...” Kyuhyun drew the girl closer as he was instructed. “Very good. Keep your positions and smile for the camera!”

 

The staff in the studio could only watch the golden couple enviously from afar. They were amazed at the way their frames fell into one another effortlessly. Their honey brown hair matched each others' lovey-dovey eyes. It did not matter to them whether or not Kyuhyun and Jessica confirmed their status. What they observed speaks great volume for their relationship.

 

After another twenty minutes of photographing, the giddy female staff finally had the chance to isolate the couple. They asked for their autographs and the idols obliged in good-nature.

 

“Are you guys dating?” One of the older women asked Kyuhyun and Jessica bluntly. “It seems like it.”

 

To Kyuhyun's surprise, Jessica coiled her arm around Kyuhyun's. “Of course not, but he's mine.” Jessica smiled dazzlingly like a woman bathed in affection. Anyone who did not know better would be fooled.

 

Kyuhyun lifted a corner of his lip to counterpart Jessica's, until he spotted a figure standing by the door. That's why, Kyuhyun mused.

 

Kyuhyun guided Jessica away from the crowd to greet Donghae. He took a glance at their weaved arms, but said nothing. He did not see Kyuhyun struggling to escape her grasp.

 

“What brought you here?” Jessica indifferently asked the uninvited guest.

 

“Can we talk?” Donghae begged Jessica with his endearing gaze.

 

“I'm busy,” replied Jessica curtly. Her will power refused to buckle under his pleading eyes.

 

Donghae then turned to Kyuhyun desperately. “I've made you guys lunch.”

 

“You're a saviour, Donghae!” Kyuhyun put his arm around his hyung and led them towards the table. “I'm starving.”

 

Kyuhyun avoided Jessica's dirty look as the three settled down in the corner. “You made the jajangmyeon? Is it edible?”

 

“Of course it is!” Donghae said, then he frowned. “I think so.”

 

“You think?” Kyuhyun stared at the brownish-looking food suspiciously.

 

“How about you try them first, Kyuhyun oppa.” Jessica picked up the noodles with the chopsticks and dangled them in front of Kyuhyun's face.

 

Kyuhyun let her fed him without thinking. “Hmm.” He pondered on the food. “Not too bad, Donghae...” Kyuhyun stopped talking when he saw the other man's belligerent glare.

 

The maknae quickly got up, making the lunch boxes jumped. “I think I need to... Er.. puke. Just let Wookie cook next time.” Then he escaped the scene.

 

Jessica's and Donghae's eyes met. They were full of contempt and misery.

 

“I'm sorry, Sica.” That was the first thing on Donghae's mind despite of the anger he'd felt earlier. “I didn't mean what I said last time. I was just... shocked.”

 

Jessica sneered. “I was shocked too. I thought I could use some support from someone I trusted.” Her gaze was accusing.

 

So she's still angry, Donghae thought. Am I asking too much, too fast?

 

“Jessica, you can still trust me. Whenever you need me, I'll be here for you.” With that, he left Jessica alone again.

 

The feelings of emptiness weighted down in Jessica's stomach once he's gone. What's the meaning of this? He'd yet appeared and disappeared without a trace. What did she expect anyway? A dramatic reunion? Her disappointment was plainly written on her features.

 

Please don't go!

 

Jessica could only watch Donghae spiralling away from her.

 

***

 

“Thank you, Henry.” Krystal smiled as Henry carried her suitcase inside. She looked at the familiar interior with an air of satisfaction.

 

Krystal Jung would call the SNSD dorm her home for now.

 


 

Author's Notes: I think I'm the most excited one to be back!!  Woohoo!!  I'm so close to finish my school works so please bear with me!! >.<  

And welcome on board little Jung sister. :) 

Ha. Have fun catching up with all these unexplainable feelings and angst. Lol.

Can Kyuhyun and Sung Ah be more selfish? Aish.

Thank you for the subsribes and views.  I hope you enjoy the chapter and the story thus far. ;)

BTW, this isn't the last time you hear from me so don't worry. :)


"When we fight and make up, you do it your way
My thoughts aren’t that important to you."

- "One Way Love", Hyorin.