Holy Palmers' Kiss

A Lost Memory in Mokpo

There were pain, heartache, and desires all mixed in Jessica's shining eyes. Kyuhyun reached his hand out to wipe her stray tears away. He couldn't stop himself from leaning in and put his lips against her cold one. She was stiff and unresponsive. “I've been waiting for you.” Kyuhyun kissed her more forcefully now, hoping for each kiss would chase her stinging words away. Kyuhyun had no choice... if only a small kiss could repent his sin. “How could you betray me like this?”

 

He felt a cold hard metal against his torso. Kyuhyun was terrified by a glint of utmost hatred in Jessica's teary eyes.

 

“Cut!” Jessica lowered her gun as soon as she heard the cue.

 

Kyuhyun and Jessica looked at the director for a sign of satisfaction. They were both disappointed to his shaking head.

 

The director was getting frustrated as well. “You need to look more conflicted, Jessica. I don't see your love for Jin Wook at all!” He glanced at Donghae who was also watching beside him. Is it because of him? He thought.

 

“I'm sorry,” Jessica apologized sincerely to the director and the crew, but she was looking at Donghae. It was hard to be professional when your loved one was scrutinizing every kisses you share with another man!

 

Kyuhyun put his hand on her shoulder. “It's okay. I know it's hard when he's here.” Jessica only smiled at him. She was grateful for his patience.

 

Something inside of Donghae snapped at the sight of Kyuhyun. First it was Sung Ah, now this?!

 

“I'll show you how it's done.” Everyone watched as Donghae suddenly got up and walked in front of the camera.

 

Jessica's heart raced as she saw the irritation on Donghae's face. Stop! Jessica wanted to yell. What do you think you're doing, Lee Donghae?! You're going to expose our relationship!

 

Jessica gasped along with everyone else as Donghae suddenly turned and smacked his lips on Kyuhyun's. Kyuhyun couldn't move at all when Donghae was kissing him passionately. There was a strong passion of hate and respect all mixed in that one kiss.

 

Kyuhyun pushed him away after he'd gained his senses. He spat at the ground with disgust.

 

“Sorry, bro,” Donghae said in a low voice. “I almost screwed up back there.”

 

Kyuhyun only glared at him. He wanted to throw an insult at him, but Kyuhyun was interrupted by someone's clapping.

 

“Very good!” It was the director applauding favourably. “I want to see that much love and hate in your acting too, Jessica-ssi!”

 

Jessica nodded. She first looked at the blushing Donghae, and then she stole a glance at the embarrassed Kyuhyun. Her small giggle soon turned into a humorous laugh.

 

The room was echoed with chuckles and jokes for the rest of the day.

 

***

 

Another couple strode past Jessica in the park. They were so absorbed into each other that they had failed to recognize the super star. They were the fifth pair that ignored her presence. Jessica had almost forgot it was Valentine's Day. She was sitting on the swing by herself, looking up at the starless night sky, and wondering where her loved one went.

 

Jessica shivered as a piercing wind flew past her. It wasn't like Jessica wanted to pass the night with him. That heartless jerk had been entertained by watching her and Kyuhyun kissing. Now he disappeared into some unknown place... A weight of a jacket wrapping around her made Jessica snapping out of her reverie.

 

Kyuhyun took his place on a swing next to Jessica. “You look so disappointed to see me.”

 

“I am disappointed,” Jessica admitted, “Where's your boyfriend?” she added bitterly.

 

Kyuhyun curled his lips with loathing. “Donghae is with the director.”

 

“What's more there to talk about?”

 

“I don't know,” then he saw her defeat. “Why did he come all the way out here just to hang out with an ajusshi? You tell me.”

 

Jessica's gaze was far away now. “Didn't he come to see me?”

 

Kyuhyun also felt it. Why does she act so tortured? He would give Donghae a piece of his mind later. “Jessica, pretend I'm Donghae.”

 

“What?” Jessica looked perplexed.

 

“I'm Donghae. You can say what's on your mind right now. You can't go back being a turtle.”

 

Jessica wanted to hit him for the insult, but he's right. She couldn't run away like before.

 

She took a deep breath. “I hate you,” her words were venomous. “I don't want to be with you if you don't care.” Jessica punched Kyuhyun in the chest. “You never actually see how much I love you.” Each jab conveyed her heartbreak and longing. “You'll never understand!”

 

Kyuhyun caught her frantic hands. Her tears were unstoppable now. This is it, Kyuhyun thought as he stooped down and kissed her. Jessica kissed him back vigorously, still thinking Kyuhyun was Donghae. The intimate exchange was wistful and salty. Kyuhyun tasted her heartache and desires, but the ardent moment didn't last long.

 

Jessica shoved Kyuhyun off and slapped him soundly. Her eyes were full of disdain and guilt. “What did you do?!” she accused.

 

“Kate felt the same way,”Kyuhyun replied calmly while still holding his stinging cheek. “The struggling emotions you had were flawless. We'll film like this tomorrow.”

 

“That was all an act?” Jessica asked incredulously. “I thought you wanted to cheer me up.”

 

“I did! Didn't I?” Kyuhyun wasn't sure anymore.

 

Jessica scoffed. “If you let me slap you again, maybe I'll feel better.”

 

Kyuhyun turned his other cheek to her. “Go ahead. Slap me as many times as you want.”

 

Jessica raised her hand and ready to bring it down. She stared at the scared Kyuhyun. It was true that she had forgotten her trouble. She had already discharge her unstable despair upon Kyuhyun.

 

Instead of being hit once more, Kyuhyun was surprised by a peck on his cheek.

 

“Thanks, Kyuhyun,” Jessica somewhat smiled, “but you owe me big time.”

 

He wished for the night to be dark enough to conceal his reddened face. Either Kyuhyun or Jessica was aware that the darkness was also covering someone else watching from the distance.

 

***

 

A familiar figure was standing before Jessica's hotel balcony. Jessica could only see her back when she entered the room. The woman wore her jet-black hair in a pony tail. Her tight leather one-piece showed her defined muscles. Jessica could recognize her immediately.

 

“Kate?” Jessica called to the silent thief. Am I too stressed? Maybe a drama was too much for her to handle.

 

Jessica gaped as “Kate” twirled around. “'I'll give you three seconds to run',” Donghae recited the famous line in a high pitch voice. “1, 2...” His performance was rudely cut off by Jessica's laughter.

 

“Oppa...” Jessica was short of breath. “Your s are uneven.” Donghae's hands went inside his shirt to fix his bosom, which made Jessica laughed even harder. “Why are you cross dressing?”

 

Blood was rushing to Donghae's face. “Kyuhyun told me you're upset. What happened?” He regarded Jessica gravely, but she couldn't take his words seriously behind his cat-eyes and blush.

 

“I was upset because my boyfriend forgot what day it is today.”

 

Jessica backed away from Donghae's advance. “I'm sorry, Sica. The director wanted to confirm the scene with me.”

 

Jessica's last smile disappeared. “You have a role in the drama?”

 

Donghae's maroon lips spread into a grin. “I'm playing your ex-boyfriend for an episode.”

 

“That's great! This is a good offer for you and me. Now you can stay longer.” Jessica was about to hug him, then she stopped, “Can you take of those clothes. It's creeping me out.”

 

Donghae smiled slyly. “I will.” He kissed her neck. “Happy Valentine's Day, Sica.”

 

Jessica knew how much Donghae disliked cosplaying, and yet he dressed up as her character just to see her smile.  Jessica fell into his arms. It was impossible to keep away from where she belonged.

 

***

 

“I'm not leaving this time,” Donghae said earnestly to Jessica.

 

The sun was rising above the horizon of Haeundae Beach. The warm glow reflected off the ocean influenced Jessica's emotions. Could she give him another chance after he had hurt her repeatedly?

 

“I'm sorry for hurting you.” Donghae caressed her cheek and wiped a tear away. “I feel your suffering, because I love you.”

 

Jessica wanted to believe him desperately.

 

Kyuhyun was Jin Wook. Jin Wook knew that her boyfriend was a worthless liar. Jin Wook was the true man she deserved. How dare he torment her over and over?! Who gives him permission to play with her heart? Kyuhyun rushed into the scene feverishly. Why did he come back when he has another woman?!

 

Kyuhyun connected his fist to Donghae's jaw without thinking. The “ex-boyfriend” lost his balance from the unanticipated blow. His attacker madly grabbed his collar and tried to deliver another punch. Donghae blocked it with his arm swiftly and rolled away from him. He picked himself up from the sand dizzily. He formed a fighting stance. Whatever came, Donghae would fight this beast off.

 

“Director-nim, this is unscripted,” the assistant director said worriedly. “We should stop filming.”

 

The director examined the bleeding Donghae and called it a scene.

 

“Director-nim!” The PA rushed to the director's side holding her tablet. “You have to read this!”

 

The director was glowing with the fortunate news she'd brought. He could already predict the drama's rating to increase another percentage. He looked at his actors who had executed his plan perfectly with delight.

 

Kyuhyun stalked away from the beach without a word. Everyone was too occupied with Donghae's injury to deal with him. There was a growing part of Kyuhyun that frightened him. It wasn't Jin Wook. His knuckles throbbed. It was me. The words hung heavy in his conscious.

 


 

Author's Notes: Hello guys.  I hope you like my comback chapter! ^.^  So what now?  Is it getting complicated...?

>.<

Sorry but not sorry about all the kissing... I mean it is the Valentine's arc. :)

Lmao.

Jessica had gone through a roller coaster again, so I added another song for the chaper - 'Love Sick' by TTS

"You burn me up and make me cry
I pray every day for the day you will look back to me
Can’t you see me as a woman? Is it already too late?"

 

It's nice to be back after so long!  Even though I was focusing on school, but I did refresh my idea and give the story a clearer direction. So please watch out for our bias and ships!   Thank you for your patient and for the not unsubscribe.  Please wait for me while I'm still studying for my finals! :D

Bonus: 

Chemistry had driven me crazy.