★ Sehun

The Way You Glance

Chorong kept tangling her fingers together in her lap; eyes scanning out the window into the abyss of darkness as Luhan made a swift left turn at the junction after blocks away from their houses. Luhan fixed his gaze carefully as his neck craned around in case he caught a glimpse of Chorong's sister.

Despite the absurdity he felt for himself for willing to go through such trouble at 1.00 a.m, Luhan still could not shake off the curiousity he had about what actually went down.

Why would Hayoung just ran away? What happened in their household?

But still, he decided he should be respectful of Chorong's personal matters though a small part of him knew he had every right to an explanation.

"Does she have any friends that live close by?" Luhan asked finally after minutes of tensed silence. "She's probably there."

 "Hayoung schools at Writing School. She is the youngest in her class, and she told me that everyone was still getting adjusted to her new presence in the class. You know how tough the competition there. Not many people were very welcoming of her."

"She wants to be a writer?" Luhan asked curiously, though he was careful not to touch on any possibly sensitive part.

"Yeah. Kinda," Chorong shrugged. "It's like a family tradition where the first born of my stepmom's side of the family becomes a writer."

"That's pretty cool." Luhan turned at Chorong in a fleeting second before looking back ahead. He wished he could stop Chorong from being stressed out but he knew he would act the same if his brother ran away.

"When did you realize she, uhm, left?" Luhan swallowed awkwardly at the question he just asked, and his mouth felt like sand afterwards.

"I'm not really sure Luhan," Chorong answered back as she swirled with her hair anxiously. "I was knocking on her door, but there was no answer, obviously. And when I opened, her room was unoccupied. I thought she was in the bathroom, but she wasn't there. I looked all over the house, and I realized her window cracked open. I knew something went wrong right away because she isn't the type to just go out without telling anybody. She's someone with good judgement, to be honest, and I don't know what was she thinking to be puling such stupid act." Her red eyes bat once and tears began to fall. The sparkly drop was all Luhan could see in the darkness when he looked sadly at her. "This is all my fault. I am to blame if something bad happens to her, I swear to God."

"Calm down, Chorong." Luhan pulled over by the roadside and he unbuckled his seatbelt to reach out for her. Chorong was already crying in her hands, shoulders shook out of absolute fear.

"This is all my fault," Chorong started to weep under her breath, and every second of the breakdown made a sharp slice at Luhan's heart. "If only I didn't say anything to my stepmom."

Luhan wrapped his arms around Chorong's small frame and took her into his own warm embrace. He almost broke into tears seeing how painful Chorong was. He gently rubbed her back and told her that everything will be okay, though he himself found it funny to be promising something vague and uncertain to her.

⊙ω⊙

"My mom and I fought again. It started out low, but she lost her patience and began yelling like a mad man. She made me so mad that I began to open all the old scars and just lashed it out on her. Hayoung was in the room the whole time. Only after minutes later I noticed her head peeking out from upstairs, but I was too emotional to pay attention to Hayoung. I knew she can't handle stress that well, but for her to run away is just something I can't grasp. This was serious, I thought. And I have no one else to blame but me." Chorong wiped away the tears on her left cheeks and she reached out for a tissue. "I didn't mean for any of this to happen."

"No one did," Luhan comforted her as he wrapped his fingers around hers. Chorong looked up and forced a hopeless smile.

"I don't know what else I should do. I don't know anyone here, and I don't know what I would do without you. Thanks a lot, Luhan."

Luhan gave a tiny nod at her grateful remarks and shrugged his shoulders awkwardly. "I just don't wanna see you like this." It hurts me a lot too.

Luhan continued driving, their hands still clutched together. Luhan caressed smoothly her cold, shaking hands and he prayed his small effort would make her heart feel a little less burdened. Luhan however could not help to wander aimlessly with his train of thoughts around the town of nowhere about the tall guy he was earlier, laughing and having a good time with Chorong.

Why didn't Chorong find him instead?

Luhan focused his mind again, voices in his head told him to just put important things first, and that important thing would be finding Hayoung. A loud ringtone of TVXQ's Mirotic echoed throughout the silent car and Chorong, startled, quickly drew her hands away from the warmth underneath Luhan's own and began feeling at her pants. She pushed her hand in and fished out a flip phone. A child-like grin reached his lips as he glanced slightly at her phone.

"Hello?" Pause. Gasp. And then Chorong held a hand against her beating chest. "Sehun, are you serious? Oh my God, wait- are you really sure Hayoung's with you?" A careless laugh came out of Chorong's small lips, and Luhan suddenly felt a hint of jealousy hit him as his ears trained carefully at the conversation. Who is this Sehun guy? "I totally forgot you've met her. Oh my God. Sehun, thank you so much. Just wait there. I'm on my way now." Chorong cupped her own flaming cheeks at disbelief. "Oh my God- seriously though." Pause. A cute giggle broke through, and when a single smile had lit up her expression, Luhan never felt like he wanted to just crawl into a hole and die like how he felt now when he saw her smiling when talking on a phone with another guy. "I'll call you when I get there. Bye-bye Sehun."

This Sehun guy better not be a guy, and he better not be that tall creep he saw in the cafeteria.

"Luhan," Chorong beamed at him as she grabbed a hold at his arm. "I've found her. Taeyang Street- now."

⊙ω⊙

Luhan made a brief stop in front of a big, high gate of a mansion. The white mansion stood firm and proud in his eyes. Chorong came out of the car, and as Luhan slowly caught up with Chorong's pace, he saw a pair of person walking out through the main gate. Chorong cried in joy as she rushed towards Hayoung and Sehun, and she pulled Hayoung in her embrace. The two sisters hugged, and cried, not saying another word at all.

Sehun took a step back as he gave some space for the sisters to make up and he casually walked towards Luhan. Luhan froze beside his car boot, and offered him a nod of acknowledgement. Sehun smiled kindly and stood on his right.

"Chorong's friend?" Sehun asked, eyes still fixated on the two sisters.

"Yeah," Luhan shrugged, glancing slightly at Sehun.

"Me too. An old friend actually," Sehun said firmly, as if he was setting a virtual hierarchy of friends in Chorong's life and Luhan clearly made a face at his cold statement.

"Cool," Luhan brushed off in an impassive tone. Nobody cares, dude.

After some minutes of reconciliation, Chorong held Hayoung around her arms as they both neared Luhan and Sehun.

"It's getting late," Sehun finally said, giving the women a small smile. "You two should head home first. And maybe talk things out tomorrow."

"Okay, Sehun," Chorong nodded. "I know. Thanks a lot," Chorong emphasized again, genuine eyes sparkled at Sehun, and Luhan felt like he never existed in Chorong's eyes. Chorong whispered something into Hayoung’s ear and the silent sister nodded slightly before rolling her eyes at Sehun and mounted Luhan's car. Sehun smirked in disbelief at Hayoung's cold gesture and raised his brow in a cynical manner at that. Chorong on the other hand eyed Luhan guiltily for seconds and he knew he needed to give the two some privacy.

"I will leave you guys alone." Luhan then held his head down and walked past Chorong, and he never felt acutely cast out in his entire life.

Now where did he actually stand in her life?

"I'm really glad you found her, Sehun. I owe you one," Chorong then fist-bumped Sehun's right arm.

"Don't mention it," Sehun said thoughtfully. "Go home and rest. I'll visit you tomorrow."

"You bet," Chorong nodded as she looked into his warm gaze. "Good night."

"Good night," Sehun nodded back and waved his old friend goodbye. The car then set off into darkness of the cold night. Sehun stayed behind until the car has long gone, feeling reluctant of going back inside. He looked up to the sky, and out of the sudden, he was feeling curious of the handsome guy Chorong just came with.

So, that Luhan guy-  was he really just a friend?

...

Jajjan~ promise's a promise and here you go!

Though I will have you know I don't know the real reason I titled this chapter 'Sehun'

Enjoy~