★ I like you

The Way You Glance

The next morning, Luhan wake up to a loud ringing of the alarm. He glanced over lazily, eyes trained on the flashing red digits. It was only the beginning of his day and a heavy already escaped from his two lips. It was Saturday, and tomorrow morning would be his leaving for China. Luhan stretched out in bed and then carelessly tossed his blanket out of his way. He pushed his feet forward and got off from his bed. He walked over to a mirror, and pulled a face at his own reflection. He stared into his own brown eyes in the mirror when suddenly, he saw Chorong smiling in the back of his mind, with that Sehun guy, and if he hadn't lost it, he swore he would've punched the mirror, though he knew the wound still would not make his heart less painful.

⊙ω⊙

Xiumin texted Luhan to inform him about the cancellation of tonight's soccer practice, and apologized for not being able to stay behind to watch a movie together in an empty auditorium, but he promised him that he would make it up to him right when Luhan returned to Korea. Luhan texted back that he was okay with it and understood about his complicated situation. Luhan wandered alone that night in the big, empty field, feeling lonesome and troubled.

Lonesome, because he was indeed alone, and troubled because he felt guilty of keeping this as a secret. He thought too much, and assumed too deep that he felt scared if him not being there might not matter to Chorong. Luhan lie down right on the white center line, arms spread open and bare. He stared out into the night sky, feeling nostalgic about his childhood in China. There wasn't much that could remember that he knew the first bestfriend he had was a Chinese fat bot in red cheeks, and when he closed his eyes for a short nap, he dreamt of Chorong; hands reaching out to him in surrender. But when he held out his hands to hers, she pulled back, face turned dark and then he saw nothing else but pitch black of emptiness. He felt like falling down, and he startled in his sleeps, heart racing fast like he had just finished a soccer game. His eyes open wide like a scene in the horror movies, and he knew right away how deep would he fall into nothingness, helpless and broken, if Chorong ever declined his love. Luhan almost felt like crying, hating himself for falling in love with Chorong. He got up, gathering his knees as he hugged them. His chin rested on his knees, hands clutching against one another.

"Luhan!" Luhan turned instantly at the call of his name. The voice that he heard made his stomach turned everytime, and he knew he would continue to feel that way. "I thought I saw you." Chorong beamed at him, eyes flashing in relief. She sat down and offered him a cup of coffee. "I saw you this evening, and figured you would have a practice tonight. So, I thought I would drop by to see you play but I guess the practice got called off, huh?”

Stop talking, Luhan thought, or I will have to kiss you.

"Hi," he finally managed. He took the cup and gave him a tiny smile. "Thanks for the coffee. I should be one to treat you though. I'm sorry."

"That's okay." Chorong smiled again, and they both sipped at their coffee in unison. "I'm glad you didn't go home yet even though the practice is cancelled, or I would have to turn around all the way again."

"I don't feel like going home just yet."

Chorong nodded slightly and turned to look at him for quite some minutes."You didn't ask me anything about last night. Aren't you curious?"

Luhan smirked and shrugged his broad shoulders carelessly. He looked at her, and part of him felt the urgency to lean in and kiss her. "Is there anything you want me to know?"

 Chorong blinked her eyes, lips pursed forwards unconsciously. "Sehun is my childhood friend, and he happened to be Hayoung's tutor for her private writing class. He told me this morning to explain how she got to his house."

"And?"

"Hayoung told him she didn't exactly plan to go to his place. Sehun just happened to run into him at a pet shop. She was looking at some hamsters, he said."

"Oh," Luhan let out a small gasp. "I see. How are doing you now with Hayoung?"

Chorong drew back her hair and stuck it behind her left ear. She tilted her head slightly, gazing blankly at her newly done nails. "Just fine, I guess. Except for the fact that I still hate myself for showing the worst side of me to her."

"I would still like you for that, Chorong."

Chorong turned at him in a flash, eyes sparkled in disbelief. She was taken aback by his sudden confession, not sure of how he meant it by saying that he would still like her but Chorong knew for sure that her heart fluttered even more when he didn't hesitate even the slightlest.

"And I mean every word I just said," he added, his sharp gaze was beginning to pierce her own and it made Chorong felt very fidgety.

"What does that m-"

"I have a favour to ask you. For only four days, I will need you to be strong. For only four days, I will need you to sleep at night feeling apreciated and loved. And I know that Sehun guy means a lot you, but it kills me inside whenever I picture the two of you, together. So, for only four days I will need you to not see him, or talk to him or even walk his way. Or else I might just have to jump off plane to get to you."

"Luhan," Chorong gasped, wide eyed as her gaze as holding his firmly. "What do you mean?"

"My grampa is sick, and the whole family needs to be there by his side. So, I'll be going back to China tomorrow to visit him."

"How long have you known? And why are you telling me now?"

"I thought it would be easy to do this, but I thought it wrong," Luhan casually answered, and he reached her hand. "So, can you do it? Will you be fine without me here?"

Chorong felt her stomach turned when he squeezed her hand hard yet gently, as though the hold could disappear all her open wounds.

"And you don't have to send me off tomorrow, Chorong-"

"What-" Chorong almost yelled. Her tone was irritated and judgemental.

"I would feel bad if you send me off. It feels like we're separating for good, and I don't want that. I don't want to have to say goodbye to you, Chorong. So instead, after four days, if you're gonna accept my heart, I want you to be there and greet me. And hug me, and tell me how much you miss me."

Chorong rolled her eyes, and tears began to well up around her eyes. "You think so highly of yourself sometimes, Luhan. You don't have the right to tell me what to do. You cannot treat me like I don't have any say in this. What were you thinking anyway-"

"Bad thoughts," he cut across her sentence firmly. Luhan squeezed tight her cold hand despite she was insisting of pulling back. "I was thinking of bad thoughts that would happen if you don't come, Chorong. I wanted to be the one to protect you, the one that will only see you smile, and be the one person you're smiling to." Luhan's eyes turned red when he watched her tears fall. He reached to wipe her tears but she turned away, avoiding his hand and wiped the tears herself. Luhan held Chorong's chin and fixed her head carefully so he could look at her.

"It's not fair. You cannot be only one who makes decision here, Luhan."

"Okay," he said. "Since my feelings have grown too deep for you, I don't know what I will do if you don't show up at the airport. Therefore, I have decided that you should still come, even if you don't accept my heart. So, I will be the one instead to hug you," Luhan raised a cynical brow at Chorong, and she was already scoffing at him. "Since I won't have any more chance of holding you close to me after that."

Chorong swallowed back, eyes looking deeply into his own brown eyes. Tears fell instantly, without any regrets. Luhan drew his hands forward but Chorong backed away. He stood firm and grabbed her shoulders. They both exchanged intense glances before Luhan leaned close and kissed her eyes. His thumb went up to caress at her red lips carefully as he held her head.

"But before that," Luhan said whisperingly. "I will have to kiss you."

Luhan leaned in slowly, and when Chorong closed her eyes, she already felt his trembling lips against her own. Chorong cried when he pulled her close into his arms as she wrapped her arms around him. She felt the sweet, round candy of warm pleasure rolling around inside her and that made her realized that she knew she was going to show up and hug him when he returned.

 

Hello :3

I know it has been more than a week since I last updated, but that’s because I have been occupied with my undergraduate preparations. I will start my class next Monday , and to be honest I don’t know how often I can update (hopefully weekly) but KAMON PEOPLE LETS BE REAL WOKAY

Anyways,  since the ending is coming up,  I suppose late updates are /kinda/ tolerable(?)

Oh and I love my new laptop but the keyboard  gives me bad vibes so I’m gonna continue writing stories in my old tablet and post it on AFF (hide it first lol)  until I edit them on Words :’D

Wish me luck on my first class people!

P/S : The upvotes make my day! Mucho gracias